Chapter 51-New skill
180 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gricelda contemplated whether to answer or not. But she didn't see the benefit of hiding what the crystal ball was, because she was sure that Aella wasn't stupid enough not to know that it was something with value. Remembering the gruesome sight outside, and looking at the grin across Aella's face the dark elf didn't want to get on her bad side if she had the option.

While Gricelda was thinking to herself, Aella was getting little impatient, wondering if the elf would ever speak. She was getting ready to put the shiny ball back in its container and ask someone else what it was, ''It's crystallized skill,'' but before she could start doing that she got her answer. 

''Crystallized skill?'' Aella didn't really know what it was, she had a hunch, but if she could get a more defining description she would be happy. 

''Yes, a skill that has been crystallized, or at least part of it.'' The elf found the couch and sat down as she continued talking. ''Basically, it's an object that if you break you can get a level in it for free.'' With a calm tone, she told Aella what it was. 

''So I just break this and I get a skill.'' Aella turned and looked at the ball she was holding with new intrigue. ''How do I know what skill will it grant me?'' 

''You don't, the only way to know is to analyze it, so if there's no description about it, then it's probably not analyzed or the owner just didn't write one and kept it to themselves.'' 

''Interesting, so how do these things come to be?'' Now Aella was interested even more. She spun the object in her hand as she asked the dark elf about their origin.

''Well there is only one known way to create them, and that is to sacrifice levels in one of your skills.'' Without hesitation, Gricelda continued. ''These things are rare because not many are willing to sacrifice multiple levels in one of their skills just to give someone a level in the same skill.''

''So these things are rare and valuable?'' 

''Value is determined by how valuable the skill is, but even if it's something simple as farming or fishing it still has a big value, because the crystalized skill is guaranteed to give a level no matter how high a level your own skill is.''

''I see.'' Now the question was, can Aella use this? Because while listening to Gricelda, Aella discovered that they had skill levels, and she herself didn't, so something was different.

She had multiple options here, she could break it and see if she gets a skill, or she could either sell it or give it to someone. If she wants to sell it she would probably need to analyze it, and that could take a while. Giving it to someone else for free wasn't a good option for her, so breaking it and risking it felt like the best choice. 

So without further hesitation, Aella firmly grabbed the ball and then put pressure on it with intentions to break it. The crystalized skill borek more easily than she thought. The ball broke into multiple little shards, that scattered all around the room before they turned to light and flew at Aella. 

She was surprised and put up her hands in front of herself in an attempt to block these shards. But the shards didn't care, the moment they made contact with Aella's hands and body they got absorbed by Aella's flesh, and soon every shard was absorbed by Aella.

For a moment nothing happened, and Aella thought she had failed, she was ready to move on until black mist started to form letters in front of her. 

[You have absorbed [Growing nature], please choose one of the skills] 

Aella was a little confused because she thought she would get the skill she absorbed, but she still checked the skills she could choose from.

[Growing nature]

[Growing spell]

[Growing curse]

[Growing rage]

Looks like if she wished Aella could still get the skill she absorbed. Seeing these options Aella was a little intrigued. The first option that took her attention was [Growing curse], after all, it was something that dealt with curses, so Aella was automatically drawn to it. It was a little unfortunate that she didn't fully grasp what it did, but what can she do in this situation.

[Growing curse]- You can now give your curses property to slowly grow in power with time.

That surprised Aella, but it was a welcoming surprise. It looked like when she thought about wanting a description she could get a description about these skills. 

Now looking at [Growing curse] description Aella was even more inclined to take this skill. The only question was the limit, it says lowly with time, but there is no mention of a limit, so that meant that either there was no limit or it just didn't want to tell her. Aella of course hoped for the former.

Aella was sure that she will pick this skill, but she still wanted to take a look at the other ones, just to quench her curiosity.

[Growing nature]- The nature around you will passively grow more lush and rich. 

[Growing spell]- You can give your magic spell the ability to grow in size and power without limitation, as long as you have mana. Be careful not to lose control. 

[Growing rage]- The more you move and battle the stronger and angrier you become. Don't let the rage consume you. 

After reading these descriptions, Aella still was set on choosing [Growing curse]. But she was intrigued by the two warnings, she didn't expect warnings in the skills descriptions. 

She thought about maybe picking [Growing spell], but she didn't have magic, and she didn't know if curses count as magic, and even if they did the [Growing curse] was a better option either way. 

So without further waiting Aella chose [Growing curse]. The moment she did the mist dissipated and similar to the shards it got absorbed by Aella's body. 

After all the mist was absorbed, she got a rush of information on how to use the skill, and now instinctively knew how to use it. Aella was happy and by the information she got the skill could grow in power infinitely, but at the same time, it will grow pretty slowly. Nonetheless, Aella was satisfied that she got a new skill just like that. 

''What was the skill, if you don't mind telling me?'' Aella was so absorbed in her own world she forgot that someone was near. 

''Growing nature.'' Aella turned her gaze to the sitting elf and told her. She didn't mind telling her what the skill originally was, because in the end, she didn't pick it but instead chose something different.

While still looking at the dark elf, she saw how the moment she told the skill's name, the elf's eyes narrowed. They didn't narrow because of doubt but more in anger. Aella could see the elf's hands clutch into fists, the elf was angry, but Aella had no idea why.

It didn't look like she was angry at Aella but at some kind of invisible enemy. Aella didn't say anything and left the elf alone, not wanting to disturb her. 

''Did you find any information, about this place?'' But before Aella could do anything she heard the elf ask her. Looking over at the elf her eyes had a glint of determination in them. 

''Nothing major, just some information on raids and stuff, nothing too interesting.'' Aella decided to answer, after all the elf answered her questions so she returned in kind. 

''But maybe here you can find something, catch.'' Aella herself wanted to read the journal, but it would probably benefit the elf more. She herself could read it before giving it to someone, but she wasn't keen on speed reading it now, so she just tossed it to the elf.

Gricelda masterfully caught it and without wasting a second she opened the journal and started reading it. 

10