Underneath a Crimson Sky (15)
177 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ah… how nice it is to have a body once again~” Amaterasu exclaimed, admiring his new body. “Reminds me of the days before getting sealed.” He stretched his arms a bit and yawned. Countless eons inside that accursed blade were getting tiring.

Davis’s body, while a body nonetheless, was trash, according to her standards. This was the most it could manage before being burned to ashes. Of course, it was more than enough to destroy her little sister’s pet’s troops, but still, she had to make do.

The real Davis, meanwhile, was taking a forced nap to relax. He knew how mortals were so fragile.

“Whew… been pretty long while I last fought… the last battle was a mental one, so that didn’t count…” He murmured to himself. “Now… let's try with a basic spell that this body can handle-”

[Ignite]

Countless fiery white runes appeared around him, circling in their own respective orbits as a singular magic circle colored pure white appeared at his fingertips. In the distance, a small orb appeared amidst the thousands of Legionnaires. Engraved on the small orb were countless amounts of runic lettering and magic circles, condensed all into a tiny sphere.

Before any of them could react, the orb ignited with white flames, expanding tens of thousands of times its size, enveloping everything within a kilometer, including Davis’s body, which ended with a massive explosion that left everything in its radius vaporized.

Even the Earth was not spared, with a crater half a kilometer deep and nearly a kilometer wide. Small bits and pieces of white flame still persisted across the crater. Only he was the survivor of the battle, standing on a floating piece of dirt and grass held up only by a thin line of white flame.

“Huh.” He frowned. If this body was even somewhat more useful, the fires would have burned through the fabric of reality itself, but doing so would vaporize Davis. Looking around the blast area, there was not a single Legionnaire in sight. Nor was there anything else, to be honest.

Amaterasu sighed, assessing the damage done to Davis’s body. Spotless as ever. Too bad he killed all of them before he could even engage in close combat.

“Oh well.” Seeing how the Blood Moon was still up, and the Eyes were still watching him, he proceeded to walk towards the massive city in the distance. Seems like his little sister’s pet was still weighing its options on what to do. Or maybe it was still shocked.

He didn’t know, it was always such an enigmatic creature that only his little sister understood.

The night was almost up, with only hours until his domain set in. He would be exponentially stronger then, but that also meant that he would have less control over Davis’s body.

‘No matter.’ He wasn’t planning on staying in this body for long anyways. Even now, he was draining Davis’s lifespan and vitality at a rapid pace even by just staying in this form.

“First-” He unsheathed Masamune and resheathed himself. Although faint, he could sense a portion of his little sister residing within the blade. Amaterasu frowned. No, the consciousness inside was not his little sister… rather, it was something else entirely.

Only the blade had been crafted with a fragment of his sister, by that old man Ivar. He still had a grudge against him, especially after listening to his annoying counterpart and sealing him in this sword. Eons inside that same internal realm, stuck in a sword impaling his little brother Prometheus… let’s just say that Prometheus isn’t the best person to hold a conversation with.

Everything would eventually circle back to him, and only him. Probably why he gave up communicating halfway through the imprisonment.

Amaterasu raised his left hand and summoned a ball of pure white flame. “A gift, from the Sun to the Moon.” Instead of burning the blade, the flame gently engulfed the blade of Masamune, being absorbed by the blade and converting it for the soul within.

He smiled as the soul grew larger and stronger, becoming increasingly aware of its surroundings. “Make sure to find a good wielder later on.”

With still a long way to go, he began to let his mind wander, occasionally enjoying the blood-red scenery painted by the Blood Moon. “I wonder what's left of Solis…” He murmured to himself.

As the few rays of sunlight began peeking through the sky, Amaterasu slowly felt his control over Davis strengthen. He was just a kilometer away from the city now, the walls over 30 meters tall cast a deep shadow that loomed over him. Mounds of red corpses littered the surroundings, piling into a massive mountain that reached half the height of the walls. Within that pile, he could spot a few human bodies, likely the guards who were unlucky enough to be dragged down.

“Before I go-” White fire erupted from the ground nearby, forming massive hands that floated midair. It scooped up piles of dirt, clay, and mud from the surrounding area, alongside some of the rocks on the road.

“How did that bastard do this again…?” Amaterasu murmured and frowned. Slowly, he went through several iterations of molds, until he found that stone worked best, and it responded best with his flames. Clay was alright, but the heat would crack it.

Stone would just have to do until he found a better material. Or until he found his original body. Whichever comes first.

Once she was satisfied with his creation, a statue that, if it was not the color of the stone, would have been mistaken for a human girl. Down to the very last hair strand, everything was perfect. Amaterasu willed a small bit of White fire to enter the statue.

Instead of burning the statue from the inside, it spread through its body, carving minuscule channels and circuits for the flow of Mana. It hollowed out a space for his soul and recreated the human body with shocking accuracy. Organs, veins, arteries, he had studied Davis’s body thoroughly to create this.

Though, he also made several improvements to it by casting enchantment runes and arrays onto it. Like actually being able to survive his powers, or being able to be repaired with basic stone.

Finally, he stepped back to admire her work. The white fire had bleached the stone, so now if he dropped it into a crowd of humans, none of them would be able to identify that it wasn’t human.

“Prometheus, I know you are watching~ How about it?” He smiled and looked upwards. Although there was nothing there, he knew that Prometheus was watching from the safety of his prison.

No reply came of course, and he sighed. “Tch. You can’t speak, whatever.”

“Good luck Davis~” Amaterasu left control of Davis’s body, and transferred her consciousness over to the statue. “Ooh, not bad me~” As expected, it worked perfectly, though it was a little bit stiff.

Still much better than Davis’s body though. Summoning more flame and threading them into clothing and accessories, she extracted the last of her essence from Davis.

“Off I go~!”

And as the sun rose over the east, Davis’s body twitched.

Prometheus sighed. His big sister was always like this… never had a care in the world about her powers. Unlike his big brother, who was calm and collected, using precision and tactics to win, Amaterasu would very much rather just call down a pillar of Sunfire to destroy everything in a kilometer radius.

Seeing how his sister had already given a blessing to Masamune, Prometheus felt that it wasn’t right for him to give nothing. After all, he was the most generous of the Titans. If there was a ranking amongst the Primals, he would be second to none.

Straining against his golden chains, he thought of a perfect gift for Masamune. Even though it wasn’t truly his little sister, he would be damned if he didn't treat her like one.

“What do little Primals like in this day and age?” After thinking about it for a while, he settled on something similar to what Amaterasu gave. It was simple, but it was also extremely effective for her growth.

It was much too risky for any other gift that would modify her in any way. It wasn’t that she couldn’t handle it, but… because she was destined to be the herald of the New Moon.

The strings of fate were not clear, nor did Prometheus have enough power through his shackles to see all of it, but he knew that in time, his little sister would return back to life.

Prometheus summoned a ball of pure golden flame, and sent it through the fabric of reality, settling down near Masamune. She greedily absorbed it, using it to refine her own consciousness. In that ball of flame, he also made sure to attach a few runes that would allow him to view Masamune from his prison.

That mortal Davis was to perish soon, and he wanted to watch over Masamune. After all, His little sister’s pet would stop at nothing to resurrect its master. Even if that meant destroying the very being that would bring her back.

Even if it meant destroying the entirety of the mortal world.


Writer's block, I actually can't formulate a good way to continue from here, to be honest. Not that I can't, but because of Evatide. After this would naturally be a time-skip, though before that I have to finish Evatide's acquisition of Hades first, and well, nothing I'm writing is good enough.

I'll still try of course, and it's not helping that I did kinda shit on my SAT. :>

5