What Happened in the Office Stays in the Office
319 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Yuna's POV]

I stood there, mouth agape, gazing at Kaiba in utter disbelief. The Deep Eyes White Dragon, suspended above him seemed surreal, and I struggled to comprehend the scene unfolding before my eyes.

"Yet... to possess both Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon and Deep Eyes White Dragon already..." I murmured to myself. However, after facing these duels, the emergence of these new cards in our world doesn't appear as absurd to me anymore.

With a sigh, I deactivated my Duel Disk, causing all the holograms to vanish. Mokuba, who had remained silent throughout, finally breathed a sigh of relief.

"You guys did it!" He exclaimed with excitement, rushing towards us.

With a wry smile, I turned to Kaiba, who calmly gazed at the Fang of Critias in his hand. "Kaiba... that..." Handing me the card, I gulped in awe as the object seemed to shimmer between my fingers.

"You don't seem surprised," Kaiba pointed out, observing me thoughtfully.

Flinching, I nervously averted my gaze. "I am..." I lied and quietly grumbled about how perceptive this guy was.

"If you don't want to say it, then don't," he sighed. "We can talk about this later. Right now, we have other matters to deal with."

Following his gaze, I stared at Sartorius and Sarina, their bodies frozen like statues, mouths open and closed like goldfish. Feeling a sudden chill, I glanced to my side and witnessed Kaiba approaching the children with sharp steps, his expression akin to that of a demon.

Casting his imposing shadow with his tall stature, Kaiba glared coldly at Sartorius. "It's pointless for you to struggle anymore; you have lost. I assume the two of you understand what that entails."

"I will ask you questions, and I expect answers," he warned sternly. "Since I'm feeling merciful right now, it would be in your best interest if you don't piss me off."

"What are you going to do to us?" Sartorius asked hesitantly, but he was quickly cut off by Kaiba's angered tone.

"Did I ask for you to speak?" He snapped, and the two children trembled in fright: "Now, where is Dartz?" 

Sartorius: "We don't..."

*BAMMMMM*

Kaiba's fist struck the floor, sending shivers down all of our spines. As he lifted his fist, a noticeable dent marked the ground, and he nonchalantly shook off the blood trailing down his knuckles. By now, Sarina and Sartorius's faces were pale beyond belief, tears threatening to emerge from their eyes.

"Let me ask again... Where. Is. Dartz?" 

"We really don't know!" Sarina cried and hid behind her brother in fear.

With resignation, Kaiba exhaled profoundly, and the two children yelped: "Please... don't hurt us..." She whimpered.

"Kaiba, stop..." I finally said and pinched the bridge of my nose: "At this point... they will be too scared to answer....."

"Also... your hand." Grabbing his bloodied palm, I wiped the wound with some tissue: "Hitting the floor... are you insane?"

"If they don't feel threatened, then they won't be obedient." Kaiba scoffed and glanced at the shivering children. "You will listen, right?" he asked, and they nodded in a panic.

This crazy man... I sighed exasperatingly. Staring at Sartorius, I leaned downward to match his eye level: "If you two behave... Kaiba won't hurt you...."

"So... you don't know... Dartz's location?" Seeing him frantically shaking his head, I nodded. "Then... where's Noah? Have you hurt... him?" I questioned, my voice also turning icy.

"No, no!" Sarina whimpered: "We were told to put something in the computer thingy to lock him out!"

"They must have jammed the servers," Kaiba concluded. "Mokuba, go find the source and destroy it."

As Mokuba hurriedly left, I continued the interrogation: "Is there only... the two of you?"

"Yes," Sartorius answered. "Master Dartz said that we should prove ourselves first before fully joining his organization."

"Then the people outside..." I muttered, and they glanced at each other awkwardly.

Shaking their small robes, countless cards fell out of their pockets. Picking up a card, I noticed the image was one of the employees I saw earlier.

"T... Their souls were still here. We haven't done anything!" 

"Release them," Kaiba ordered, and they immediately began to act, terrified of angering him any further.

Using the green crystals hanging from their necks, a small glowing orb emerged from the card images and floated out of the door. Gradually, groans and shouting could be heard from outside.

When the last card had become blank, Kaiba finally let out a deep breath, and his posture relaxed slightly. As the door burst open, countless Kaiba Corps security flooded into the room.

"Sir!" They shouted in surprise before bowing at a ninety-degree angle.

"Take these two brats away," Kaiba instructed, and the guards swiftly confiscated their decks and Duel Disk: "Give them a room and place them under level two surveillance." The security nodded and dragged them out of the room.

'At least he's not throwing the children into prison.' I thought with optimism and called Kaiba, who was directing the rest of the dishevelled staff.

"What now?" I asked and stared at him with expectations.

"My entire company is in chaos, and I'm losing money as we talk." Kaiba explained with frustration: "I left for a day, and it turned out like this..."

"Come with me," he continued without batting an eye: "It's still not safe to return to your home; KaibaCorp has a place for you to stay."

Although I felt slightly annoyed, I couldn't really refute his logic since I have no idea what Dartz will do at this point. Nodding reluctantly, I followed Kaiba back to his office, where Mokuba was awaiting us.

To my relief, Noah, who seemed unharmed, was on the monitor. However, his expression was far from happy.

"These brats really have the nerve to mess with me..." He growled: "Do you know how complex my programming is?! It's not something you can temper with!"

"Enough," Kaiba said, cutting his ranting and approached the desk: "Noah, are our stocks still being bought out?"

Regaining his composure, Noah shook his head: "I managed to block the anonymous accounts that keep trying to purchase our stocks, and any accounts that received income from those blocked accounts were blacklisted as well. Unfortunately, I still couldn't trace the transaction to search for the perpetrator."

"Keep trying. We will find him." Kaiba growled.

Settling down into his chair, he ordered Mokuba and Noah to reorganize the remaining workers who had just woken up after having lost their souls. When they left, Kaiba finally began to work, and the sound of shuffling papers filled the room.

With nothing to do, I sat in the lounge and spread my cards on the table. The last few runs in with Doma have been too close for comfort, and with each duel, my opponents seemed to be getting stronger and stronger.

I have also felt that people have begun paying more attention to my deck, especially Divine Dragon Lord Felgrand, and I find it harder and harder to keep him alive on the field. Thankfully, I had already managed to get myself several other boss monsters from the system to deal with this very problem. 

As I continued to switch out cards and test the deck, I suddenly sensed a presence nearby. Lifting my head, I noticed Kaiba sitting right across from me, several documents in his hand.

When did he get here? He was just at the desk a minute ago.

As I observed him, engrossed in his task, I hesitated to voice the question, opting instead to remain silent. Despite my reticence, I couldn't help but notice his occasional glances in my direction, indicating a keen interest in my activities.

"Kaiba..." I called out as he set down the papers. "Can I borrow... Your deck?"

Raising an eyebrow, Kaiba gave me a puzzled look but ultimately complied with my request. Retrieving his Duel Disk from a drawer, he handed it to me, his expression stern. "If you're planning something, you better inform me beforehand."

Nodding, I eagerly laid out his deck and examined it with fascination. To my surprise, the deck exceeded my expectations. Alongside several normal monsters, I also noted the presence of formidable dragons like Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon and Deep-Eyes White Dragon.

From the looks of it, his deck appeared to be a blend of cards from Battle City and his experiences during the events of Dark Side of Dimensions. But, I hoped that it could soon be fully integrated into the latter soon.

"Kaiba, can I swap ... this?" I inquired, lifting Saggi the Clown. When he didn't immediately respond, I presented my Doomcaliber Knight, a card I had previously utilized against Alister.

Staring at the card, Kaiba nodded. "Suit yourself."

With his permission, I began replacing his normal monsters with effect monsters that were more useful in a duel, transforming his deck into something more fitting of his status. Additionally, I exchanged one of his Polymerization cards for Ultimate Fusion, utilizing some credits I could spare.

"Here..." I said, returning his deck, and he nonchalantly stored the cards away without a second glance.

As I observed his carefree attitude, a nagging thought crept into my mind. Was Kaiba being too trusting of me? What if I pulled a Weevil Underwood and slipped Parasite Paracide into his deck or something?

"You shouldn't... trust people... that easily." I warned with a frown: "I... could've done something bad..."

"Hmmm?" Kaiba scoffed with curiosity when he heard my words: "Do you really believe I'm that naive? The time I handed out my deck this haphazardly will be the time I have gone insane." 

"Then..." I slurred my words, unable to grasp his intention

"That's because it's you." He answered cooly while dropping a random bombshell: "If it were someone else, I would've told them to get out of my sight for asking something so ridiculous."

"W... What does that supposed to mean?!" I screamed and slapped the table, my lips twitching with alarm.

"It's exactly what I meant," Kaiba smirked: "I only complied because it's you."

Touching my face, I could feel the intense heat emanating from my cheeks, causing me to shiver: 'This guy is definitely teasing me right now!'

"I... I'm leaving!" I yelled and abruptly stood up.

However, as I took a step, my foot got tangled with the leg of the table, and my vision tilted forward. But to my surprise, instead of falling over, my body was suddenly caught in midair as two arms wrapped firmly around me.

"K... Kaiba?" I stammered, feeling my brain short-circuit as I struggled to process this unexpected turn of events.

[3rd POV]

Seto's mind went completely blank. It was a spontaneous reaction, his body moving without his conscious command. Just as Yuna was about to hit the floor, he caught her and pulled her towards him.

A quiet gasp escaped Seto's lips as he realized what he had done, but it was already too late. His hands found themselves instinctively wrapped around her thin waist and shoulders. Their bodies were pressed closely together, and Seto could feel the warmth of her breath against his skin. He also couldn't ignore the softness pressed against his chest, causing his heart to flutter in response.

"K... Kaiba?" Yuna's voice snapped him out of his stupor.

Managing his expression, Seto lowered his head and met her gaze. "Are you hurt?" he asked, his tone softened with concern. Yuna shook her head in response.

Suddenly, the door to the office burst open, and Mokuba walked in: "Big Brother, we're done! What are you two.... doing...." He froze in his tracks at the sight before him.

Seto:....

Yuna:....

"I will come back later!" Mokuba blurted out, hastily shutting the door behind him, his face flushed crimson.

Staring at the closed door in shock, Seto and Yuna's faces reddened with embarrassment as they hurriedly separated: "I'm sorry, I've acted on impulse." Seto said while trying to hide his flustered expression.

"N... No, it was my fault..." Yuna muttered with a faint blush: "I should have been... more careful..."

Engulfed in an awkward silence, Yuna stiffly packed up her cards while observing Seto in the corner of her vision. Rubbing her palm against her face, Yuna pursed her lips at the brief excited sensation she felt when her body fell into his embrace.

"I should go..." She said, carefully standing up and making sure not to trip again.

"I will have someone guide you to your accommodation..." Seto replied awkwardly and watched as the door closed behind her.

Alone, Seto sighed deeply, the memory of Yuna's warmth still lingering on his skin as he clenched and unclenched his fist.

"Tsk..." he clicked his teeth in annoyance, attempting to redirect his focus to the papers at hand. However, Seto's movements were slower than before, and his mind was unable to shake off the distractions that continued to mess with his mind...

Next Day...

[Yuna's POV]

When morning came, I woke up with exhaustion, screaming all over my body. Although the bed was comfortable, I could've slept nicely if only "that" had not happened.

It would have been fine if we were alone, but Mokuba had to show up at that moment and spread all sorts of rumours. He even went as far as asking all sorts of questions until late at night, and I was constantly reminded of the shameful situation. 

Sighing, I groggily got up and swiftly got dressed. Leaving my room, I found myself with nothing much to do and I eventually returned to Kaiba's office. After knocking on the door, I heard a voice from the other side telling me to come in, and I entered after much hesitation.

In the office, Kaiba was already working hard at his desk, and I quietly planted myself on the couch in the corner. Quietly observing him, I noticed that there wasn't a trace of awkwardness on his face, and he seemed completely unfazed.

After ten minutes, Kaiba finally set his pen down and stared at me. Silence resumed, and we gazed at each other, unsure of what to say.

Eventually, he sighed: "I want to apologize again. I have acted too recklessly."

"N.. No!" I exclaimed in surprise and waved my hands: "Its... really alright..."

Deciding to change the topic, I smiled wryly: "Doma... Have we found... them yet?"

Hearing its name, Kaiba gritted his teeth and scowled: "No... It's unbelievable; despite having this much influence in the world, we only heard about them now."

"Then how's... KaibaCorps?" I asked curiously, knowing that Dartz had messed it up pretty badly.

"Tsk..." Kaiba clenched his fist and accidentally crumpled the paper in his hands: "Because of Duel Monsters appearing out of nowhere, KaibaCorps stocks have plummeted dramatically, and they continue to decrease even as we speak. I have already lost millions of dollars."

Ah... Probably it's best if I didn't ask...

While trying to appease Kaiba's increasingly soured mood, the phone to his office rang loudly, and he pressed the button with annoyance.

"Sir," A woman's voice could be heard: "There's a Mr.Wheeler on the line for you, sir. Should I put him through?"

"It's Joey..." I uttered in surprise and moved behind Kaiba to see the screen.

"That loser wants to contact me?" Kaiba smirked with interest: "Very well, put him through...."

"Understood, sir." The woman replied, and the video on the computer changed to Joey. Behind him were Yugi and the rest of his friends, looking over his shoulder.

"Huh, he really took your call?!" We heard Tea's doubtful tone from the other side.

"What he did?!" Joey shouted in shock: "~Kaiba~, is that you?"

Watching the webcam, Kaiba scowled with displeasure: "Make it fast. You're wasting my time."

"Sheesh, condescending as ever!" Joey exclaimed. "Anyway, we found some clues about the group that caused this entire mess!"

"What kind of clues?" Kaiba's pupils shone as he glared at Joey with impatience.

"Hold on, I'm not giving them away so easily!" Joey smirked: "But unless you give us a ride to Florida...."

"Hmph, so this is what you're playing at," Kaiba sneered: "Fine then, keep your secrets; we can find Doma ourselves."

Hearing his rejection, Joey's eyes widened, and he began to panic: "Wait, wait, wait! Let's talk this out; we can both benefit from it!"

"There's nothing for me to benefit from this negotiation, goodbye," Kaiba announced. However, before he placed the phone down, I quickly grasped his shoulder.

"Kaiba... Please wait." I mumbled and stared at Joey: "We will hear... you out."

"Ah, Sano!!" Joey smiled with relief: "I knew you were here as well!"

"...You do?" I tilted my head in confusion, and he smirked while nodding to himself.

"It's obvious for my detective brain, really!" Joey explained while his friends cringed at his roleplay: "Since you're his girlfriend and everything, I expected that you could help us out!"

Instantly, Kaiba and I froze as we stared at each other in shock.

Kaiba: "Wh... what is this man saying..."

"G... Girlfriend..." I mumbled in a daze.

"Huh? You guys are not?" Joey asked with curiosity: "I thought you guys were in a relationship since you were making out yesterday. Wondering how I know? This guy's little brother bragged about it to my sister, and she cried all night, saying that Kaiba took Sano away or something."

...Mokuba... You!!!

My face flushed, and I glared at Joey in a fit of anger: "We..were not!!!" I screamed and raised my arm, about to slam the phone against the table.

"Hold on!!!" Joey yelled hurriedly: "I'm sorry, please don't hang up!! Time is running out! Those guys defeated Yugi and took his soul!!" When he finished, Joey's face turned pale, and he frantically covered his mouth.

Kaiba:....

Me:.....

".....He what?" Kaiba muttered, and I could hear his grinding teeth.

'Ah, sh*t... Joey, you idiot!! Keeping your mouth shut can save lives!' I thought to myself, casting a nervous glance at Kaiba. But it was already too late...

-----------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoy it!

20