An Unbelievable Loss
943 9 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[3rd POV]

[Yuna Sano: 2000 LP]

[Maximillion Pegasus: 2000 LP]

Pegasus smiled as he made his first move: "I will first set one card and a monster both in face down position. Then I will end my turn."

"Hey, do you want to raise the ante a little?" He suddenly asked as Yuna flinched.

She stared at the man suspiciously: "What are you planning?"

Pegasus was slightly caught off guard when Yuna spoke in a perfect sentence as she uses broken words earlier. He hummed and tapped his finger on the desk: "I'm hosting a tournament and if you lose I wish for you to attend."

"That's it?" Yuna asked.

Hearing this, Pegasus frowned: "Were you expecting more?"

Yuna shook her head before muttering something that Pegasus couldn't hear. She eventually raised her head and stared: "What will happen if I win?"

Pegasus froze before erupting into laughter: "That we will talk about when you win, for now, please play your card."

Two minutes have already passed, and he still hasn't seen what she's capable of. Thankfully, Yuna agreed and drew her card.

"Alright, prepare yourself," She warned.

Pegasus suddenly felt a shiver down his spine and he twitched: 'What was that feeling of unease just then?' He thought.

He dispelled the unnatural feeling and activated his Millenium Eye. He observed Yuna's current hand and frowned, they're all traps and spells? Where were the monsters?

Pegasus smiled wryly and felt disappointed, like others told him, maybe Yuna really won using luck and he was wasting his time. No monsters, what kind of deck did she even build? He deemed that it was useless probing her mind since he assumed Yuna's panicking right now.

However, he could be never all wrong...

"I will first set two cards to face down and end my turn." Yuna smiled innocently.

"Did you really end your turn?" Pegasus muttered.

"Yes." She grinned.

Pegasus drew his card and chuckled: "Acting doesn't work against me, I can see through everything," He boasted: " I summon Flying Elephant in attack position."

[Flying Elephant: 1850 Attack, 1300 Defence]

Pegasus: "Then I will reveal my set monster: Dark Rabbit!"

[Dark Rabbit: 1100 Attack, 1500 Defence]

"My monster will now attack." Pegasus ordered: "Seems like it will end quicker than I expected."

"Not so fast!" Yuna yelled and flipped one of her set cards, "I used Waboku! All attacks are negated."

The two monsters stopped their actions and stood still in a daze. Pegasus clicked his teeth: " That trap only saved you momentarily, let us continue then..."

Yuna smirked and drew her card from her deck: "I will reveal my set card! Behold my trap card, Solemn Wish! I will gain 500 LP every time I draw a card!"

Pegasus's brows furrowed, why would she use a card like that? She has no monsters that could protect herself, even if she does, I can summon a third monster soon so why?

'Wait!' Pegasus's eyes widened and used his Millenium Eye again, his mouth opened and he finally understood her strategy.

"I use Pot of Greed!" Yuna shouted.

A large smirking green pot appeared on the field. The pot showed its large tongue as if mocking Pegasus before vanishing. Yuna picked up two cards and smiled.

[Yuna Sano: 2000 LP -> 3000 LP]

"Then I will use Pot of Greed again!"

"Wha..." Pegasus muttered as he helplessly watched Yuna draw another two cards.

[Yuna Sano: 3000 LP -> 4000 LP]

Thankfully, he noticed Yuna have run out of the Pot of Greed in her hand and he sighed with relief.

Unfortunately, it was only the beginning...

Yuna: "I then use Graceful Charity! I can draw three cards while discarding two cards from my hand!"

[Yuna Sano: 4000 LP -> 5500 LP]

Pegasus watched agape as Yuna's Life Points increased to an absurd level. If anyone else should hear about this, they would naturally deem it a myth. Yet that unbelievable event was happening right before his eyes.

"I will use my final Pot of Greed!"

[Yuna sano: 5500 LP -> 6500 LP]

Her hands were filled with cards and Pegasus thought that any second it will all fall down in a pile. Yuna then set one monster card and one spell/trap card onto the field.

"A...are you finished?" Pegasus asked with a strained smile.

"Nope!" Yuna cheerfully replied: "I will use Card Destruction! We each discard all our cards in our hands and draw the same number of cards that we discarded!"

Pegasus gulped and counted the cards in her hands: 'One, two.... three.... five... T...ten...' He counted as he felt a massive headache rising.

Even with the Millenium Eye what could he do to stop this onslaught???

Yuna and Pegasus discarded all their cards and draw the same amount. The man stared pitifully at the massive amount of Life Points.

[Yuna Sano: 6500 LP -> 11500 LP]

"Now I will end my turn." Yuna smiled mischievously: "Your move."

Pegasus stared at Yuna in a daze, he hesitantly picked up a card: "I...I use Monster Reborn and I will revive my Ryu-Ran that I discarded back from my graveyard." He said with clenched teeth.

A small egg appeared on the field, the shell split open as two legs and arms burst out from the side. A pair of bright yellow eyes peeked through the cracks and the monster growled angrily.

[Ryu-Ran: 2200 Attack,  2600 Defence]

'There's no need for concern, she merely has high health and with only one monster and one set card on the field. I just have to keep dwindling her health and I will succeed.' Pegasus smiled and persuaded himself.

"Then I play Negative Energy! My dark-type monsters will have their attack doubled!]

[Dark Rabbit: 1100 -> 2200 Attack, 1500 Defence]

"Now attack!" Pegasus yelled.

"Hold on!" Yuna restored and flipped open her set card: "Once again I will use Waboku!"

Pegasus's monster attacked but they dealt no damage. However, in doing so, they have successfully revealed the face-down monster on Yuna's field and he recoiled in shock.

It was a tiny jar made of a strange black metal. The vase tipped over and revealed a large eye and mouth within.

It giggled and Yuna said in a clear voice: "My monster Morphing Jar's ability has been activated, once flipped, both of us have to discard as many cards from our hands as possible and draw five cards!"

Pegasus wanted to scream and jump through the tv at this absurd strategy he was witnessing. However, as the one who initiated the duel, he must follow the rules. Thus they discarded all the cards in their hand and redrew five more cards.

[Yuna Sano: 11500 LP -> 14000 LP]

"F....fourteen thousand..." Pegasus mumbled.

He sighed and ran his hand across his hair: "I... I end my turn...."

Yuna smirked as it was her turn once more.

[Yuna: 14000 LP -> 14500 LP]

She stared at her card and her smile widened even more. Pegasus scowled and hurriedly checked the card in her hand with his Millenium Eye. His face turned pale and he dropped the cards in his hand.

"I will use Sword of Revealing Light. This card will be destroyed automatically during the end phase of your third turn. However, when this card was activated and on the field, all monsters you control won't be able to attack."

Dozens of bright swords dropped from above and surrounded Pegasus's monsters, trapping them: "I will end my turn." Yuna said.

Pegasus clenched his fist, this was the first time he felt this humiliated before. He couldn't do a thing to stop her from completing this absurd strategy and now his only hope for a last-ditched attack was gone as well...

He glanced at the timer he settled and only one minute remained. Pegasus angrily glared at the girl before him and dejectedly lowered his arms: "I surrender...."

----------------------------------

I hope you enjoy it!

48