Chapter 1
156 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Plenty of snow drifted copiously and disorderly floated down onto the barren earth. There were only ten thousand kilometers of wasteland with a piece of weird stone canyon in the middle. The valley of the canyon was emitting rays of blue light. That light was sometimes hidden and sometimes would give an illusion of ghosts and evil creatures at night, making one's heart feel cold.

If one carefully observed the light up close, they would be surprised to find that the light was being emitted from a large array within a cave made up of extremely complicated strokes. The large array covered the entire cave. At the eye of the array, lay a young man strung up in shackles that were unbreakable.

The man had a head of long jet black hair that fell to his ankles. His cold and harsh looking face was a bit rough and full of small bruises. His eyes were closed as if unconscious, however when an ice cold snowflake came through from the opened top and landed on the tip of the man's hair, the man that originally had his eyes closed, slowly opened them. He had the bluest of eyes, they were pale and ghostly. His pupils, akin to a flame, were deep and calm. Like the flames of hell, deep to the point where it was impossible to see through the varied emotions contained within them.

One by one snowflakes slowly fell upon the man's body. It was unknown how much time had passed before the man who was shackled with metal chains decided to raise his head, and look up towards the gloomy sky. A while later, his thin lips slightly opened, and spit out a sentence;

"Why am I not dead?"

[Ding]

[System loading...]

[Loading finished.]

[Host Binding....]

[Complete. Progress System activated.]

[Welcome host, I am system 197.]

'I really need a cigarette...'

There was only one way to relieve stress in times like these. Especially when one had built up an unhealthy habit.

Once the thought crossed his mind a cold sensation swept through Lui Yang's body. Ridding him of any desires for a cigarette. The taste and the need for one had vanished as if Lui Yang had never smoked one in his life.

"What did you say you were again?"

[System 197.]

'System 197.... fuck me.'

Lui Yang was appalled. His frown was the ugliest it had ever been in his entire life. There was so much he wanted to say but instead chose to keep silent for the time being. He looked around and found himself chained up in a cave, surrounded by high level arrays, like a sacrificial lamb waiting to be slaughtered.

The clothing he wore was surprisingly all white. They were of course ancient clothing but to Lui Yang they were more like rags. Thin cottoned, itchy cloths covering his body. The only thing preventing him from catching pneumonia and hyperthermia was a thin layer of energy that mingled within the tiny hair's on his skin. Like a forcefield they protected him from the extreme cold.

Lightly Lui Yang pulled on the chains twice and created two loud clanging sounds to echo throughout the cave. Nothing budged, and the cuffs seemed to tighten the more he moved. Creating red and purple rings around his risk.

After the car accident he thought he would be dead for good but here he was, alive and well.

'How annoying....'

Just as Lui Yang thought that, there was a sound of light foot steps approaching the cave entrance. The foot steps were steady but cautious as they carefully entered the place Lui Yang was chained up in. Lui Yang attentively watched as a young girl in her early teens slowly approached him, while shivering in uncontrollable fear. Yet her voice was full of worry as she asked him about his health and if he had finally come back.

Lui Yang stayed silent as he calmly searched for any hints relating to him through her words. He let her continue on.

She kept her head down as she set down a cloth with a bucket full of water. Sliding his sleeves back she wet the cloth and began wiping Lui Yang down.

"Shixiong. Master is doing this because he cares for you. We are martial sisters and brothers. This times punishment may be a bit too far but Master was just worried for Zhang Tian's safety. That's all. I hope you'll understand. I hope you don't blame master."

'Don't blame him?....'

Lui Yang wanted to laugh. He was recovering from qi deviation, the flow of qi in his points were blocked. His control over his qi was imbalanced. He was chained up like an animal in a place with weather that could kill a human less known a cultivator. And to top it off he had internal bruises as well as external. And his golden core was damaged. If he had not made it to core formation the original would be dead by now.

Thinking about it now, that's probably what happened to the original owner, and why Lui Yang was now inhabiting this body.

Don't blame his master? Master went 'a bit' too far?

This little girl was unbearably naive. Lui Yang couldn't completely grasp what the original had done but he was sure that it wasn't that bad. And from what he heard he was a Shixiong. There was a chance that he was the head Disciple or this 'Zhang Tian' was.

And by the looks of it this wasn't the originals first time being punished for something.

"Shixiong, I know it wasn't your fault. I know you wouldn't voluntarily eat a devil's fruit..."

'A devil's fruit?....'

"I know your still the same Shixiong. My Shixiong and you wouldn't dare hurt one of our sect members but.. y-you- did." Her body trembled and the waterfalls began. She started to cry as she weakly continued to clean Lui Yang off. "I-I'm not judging you, I, I s..still believe in you- I just- I was, I'm just-"

"Scared." Lui Yang finished it for her. He looked calmly at the little girl as her head jerked up and her watery gaze met his.

"Sh-Shixiong?!" Seeing that dazed and stupid appearance of her's Lui Yang gave a tight smile as if he was in pain but still happy to see his little shimei. "Shixiong, Shixiong, wuwu... " She began crying harder. "Shixiong your back!!" She dropped the rag and hugged him tightly. "Lei Jing has missed you so much."

Lui Yang frowned at the sudden touch but said nothing and continued to let her hug him until she let go and called out for her Shifu.

"Everythings going to be fine now. Master is going to be so happy!" She yelled in glee as she left in a hurry to find their Shifu.

Lei Jing? Lui Yang thought. Wasn't that the name of one of the characters in one of the novels he had recently read? And so was Zhang Tian. Both names were oddly familiar.

Lui Yang was 100% sure he had transmigrated into a novel, but he wasn't sure which one yet. And why'd he transmigrate in the first place? He didn't know but whatever reason it was he disliked it.

"What type of system are you?" He asked.

[Progress System.]

"Let me rephrase that. What use do you have?"

[...]

'Of course I'd get something so useless.'

Lui Yang visibly snickered at the so called system. It appeared that he would have to figure it all out by himself. That wouldn't be hard in the slightest, because he wasn't interested in any of this. He had a plan once he was released and settled. And that plan did not involve him being in this world for another second.

Lui Yang knew that everything wasn't a complete coincidence and so patiently waited for his shimei to come back. He was sure he would understand it all then.

7