001: A frustrating HobGoblin
300 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ragnar was crowned the Huyen langlon champion of India. 

Thang ta was a martial path of an ancient Manipuri Martial Art known as Huyen langlon.

He was a fighting genius of the Thang ta path.

He knew by natural instinct where to punch, how to punch, to punch or to flip, to slam down or to grab someone heavier than him by their waist and flip them over. He knew all this without any training. He started fighting at a very young age, his small height and less powerful strength never affecting his ability to fight and to win! He was a natural fighting talent.

He caught the eye of a Huyen langlon Grandmaster and accepted the old man as his master.

At age 14, he fought and won the State Huyen lanlon Championship of Manipur.

At 17, he fought and won the National Huyen langlon Championship of India and claimed his hegemony.

At age 22, he was crowned the World Champion of Huyen langlon at Olympics 2040.

"A 22 year old Huyen langlon martial artist of India fought and killed a Russian giant that was much bigger than him for the title." Ragnar did not kill the Russian with brute strength but with his skilled Thang ta fighting technique where he flipped a 2.1 metre giant cleanly over his shoulder on the battle square. The Russian martial artist died of a brain injury; concussion.

Ragnar held the record for the most consecutive Huyen langlon World Championships, winning ten from 2040 to 2060.

He died fighting at the finals of Huyen langlon World Championship of Olympics 2062. 

He was an Indian legend.

***

He had transmigrated in the body of a goblin after his death! 

Ragnar Kalwar, was a young goblin of noble descent, who had been exiled from his fief by his father to Anneliese City.

177cm tall. His body was quite muscular for an average HobGoblin.

The original was in his final year of Goblin Institute of Technology but he wasn't good at virtual science and had just barely passed his previous six semesters. He was an exiled goblin of noble descent who was not evolved into a Goblin Noble or Duke by his Viscount family and was shunned by all the other goblin students of noble descent.

The original was just like him. He was neither good at studies nor did he have a lot of friends. Therefore, Ragnar quickly got used to his ordinary life as a goblin in this new world. 

Ragnar would usually sit alone and blankly stare out of the twenty seventh floor classroom's window at GIT(Goblin Institute of Tech). Then, he would suddenly break out of his daydreams of fighting strong opponents and shake his head. He looked dumb to the class president, Nandini, who was always observing him from the shadows. 

He had learned a lesson the hard way that the Goblin evolution gap could not be overcome. High level goblins would always suppress the low level goblins. A HobGoblin could not even fight under the natural suppression aura of a Goblin Noble or Duke.

So, if some higher ranked goblin picked a fight with him at GIT, he would put on a dumb smile and say, “Sorry.”

Due to which he quickly became the target of all the conceited and arrogant goblin nobles. 

"Yo RagBoiii!" 

Said the smart aleck, Sorle. Ecbert nicknamed him 'smart aleck' because he was a person who was very irritating as he behaved as if he knew everything. 188cm tall. Goblin Noble. Sorle would always greet Ragnar with a kick in the guts whenever he met him. He claimed that as the only HobGoblin of noble descent in the campus, Ragnar was a shame to them all and hurt the goblin noble faction's dignity. 

~ Kick.

"Gi-gargh."

When Ragnar finally raised his head after getting kicked in the guts, Sorle put his arm around his shoulder like a very close friend.

“Ragboii, Ain't today another beautiful day?”

He said tenderly while tightening his grip around his shoulders.

“Yes, very beautiful. Gigi.”

Ragnar would go through this torture everyday and like everyday he would put on a dumb smile and endure his rage and powerlessness.

“Anyway, I saw Prez once again looking at you from the shadows. Just what is going on between you two, huh? Love? Keke.”

Nandini. 195cm tall. Goblin Duke. She had an hourglass figure and a goddess like face. She was popular because she was Goblin Union's current president's daughter. She was also the topper of GIT as well as the class president. She always scolded Ragnar and told him to stand up against the bullying and harassment he went through and snitch to the official authorities.

Of course, she eventually stopped scolding him as well due to the original's headstrong personality of solving his matters himself.

“No. No. Nothing like that.”

“Yeah, bitch. That better be so! Don't you dare aim for the Prez. She is mine!”

Sorle kicked him in the guts once again. Since he didn’t have any friends, all of his classmates at GIT would act like they didn’t see a thing. For the first half of the day, Ragnar would be dragged all around the campus by Sorle. 

At the lunch break, the boss of all goblins of noble descent, Ecbert England, called Ragnar over.

"Project?"

Ecbert England. 202cm tall. Goblin Lord. He asked for this week's neuroscience project from Ragnar.

“Here you go. Gigigh”

Ragnar awkwardly laughed as he threw the G-Chip to him.

“Did you copy from the Gitranet this time?”

As a new transmigrator, Ragnar had no idea that the GIT had AI proctors for project correction and copied his answers from the Gitranet. Ecbert snatched his project and submitted it. He got punished by the strict old goblin professor of neuroscience.

That day, Ragnar was called over by Ecbert and was almost beaten to death.

“Nope. I answered all the questions myself.”

“Great work. Keep it up!”

Ecbert said before he turned and walked back to his group.

“Rollo! Nigga, come over here! Run faster, you f*cking assh*le.”

The fellow in Ecbert's group who was calling out ‘Rollo!’ was Ivar Boneless. 185cm tall. Goblin Noble. He was very agile and played Gobol. He was also good at swearing and lost his temper too easily.

The HobGoblin who was running as if his survival depended on it was Rollo. 170cm tall. HobGoblin. Dark skinned.

“Nigga, go buy me Gizza from square one.”

When Ivar told Rollo to run his errand, Sorle called out and added in.

“Goburger for me!”

After the lunch break, Ecbert's group did not bully Ragnar or Rollo as the Chancellor of GIT made his rounds around the campus in the second half. So, Ragnar would once again blankly stare out of the twenty seventh floor classroom's window at GIT.

He was daydreaming about fighting Sorle, Ecbert and Ivar. He recalled Sorle kicking at him.

Surprisingly, all his rage was gone as soon as he started analyzing how to fight Sorle and he was calm.

‘Why do these goblins have no power behind any of their attacks?’

It was an easy query. There wasn’t sufficient power behind Sorle’s kick as it had no technique. No finesse. 

It was because his steps were not measured and balanced. There was no rhythm in his footwork before the kick! 

To be honest, even though he was kicked in the guts, there was no pain. But, he would act like it hurt so that the farce would get over sooner.

‘Ecbert has good foundations, you really cannot evolve to Grade 1 without talent!’

Ragnar’s mind drew up the most efficient method to flip over Ecbert and his blood started to boil. He wanted to fight.

‘Damn, control.’

Ragnar shook his head to clear his mind of his growing bloodlust. He, once again, started to blankly stare out of the window.

He looked at the red sky and took in the view of the goblin megacity. However, eventually he would find himself thinking of fighting these goblins once again.

‘Can a HobGoblin kill a Goblin Lord?’

‘Can my techniques bridge the gap between evolution levels?’

He would then break out of his daydreams, all startled and shake his head. He once again looked at the red sky out of the window. 

Ragnar appeared to be stupidly looking out of the window, however, there was an intense conflict raging inside his heart which could decide the fate of Ecbert and his group of goblins.

'Punch, Kick, Flip, K.O'

He sat supporting his chin on his hand on the desk as he thought. 

‘All of these goblins are so f*cking weak. I think I read about Grade 3 creatures in the Goblin Union history book! Damn.’

Looking out of the window, Ragnar once again shook his head.

The class president, Nandini, looked at him from the shadows condescendingly.

‘Why does he shake his head so much these days?’

Then, she looked back at the professor teaching through the virtual projection of Gobculear bombs.

‘Such a frustrating HobGoblin.’

Back with another chapter.

Share your views on this version of GP in the comments.

8