Epilogue
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Poppy was a successful seamstress now.

She also accepted orders from other members of the nobility. She sold her clothes at a high price and her talent was highly sought after among the nobles. However, she mainly tailored for Princess Franka, who planned to take Poppy to university. How exactly this was supposed to happen remained unclear so far. Maybe Poppy rented a small apartment temporarily? And how should she smuggle a child along?

Since Jasmin had written to her in a letter about what had happened at home, Poppy did not order any more material from her family. Instead, she bought high-quality fabric from smaller companies and from selected dealers. In addition, she orders fabric from abroad. She especially liked to use already embroidered fabric from a small company in the witch's territory. The fabric was enchanted so that the embroidery seemed to move. These dresses were particularly expensive and sought after. Princess Franka also loved the fabric. Poppy was sewing a vest for her with embroidered flowers that opened in the morning and closed towards evening. Sleeping flowers. She found the fabric delightful.

Since her family had lost their position as purveyors to the court, they lost prestige. Because the other court tailors also purchased from other suppliers. But no one else bought cloth from the witches and wizards. Here, Poppy had exclusive rights in the kingdom.

Poppy did not sew under the name Freirot or Städter. The queen had given her a new name. She was now allowed to live by the name 'Poppy von Schneider'. In doing so, she had severed the last connection to her family. Of course, she kept in touch with her parents and sister by letter. But that was all.

And her cousin? Alfie? Jasmin had told her in one of her letters that Alfie had been kicked out of the university shortly before the end of his studies. He was accused of fraud. Apparently, he had some of his essays written by other students. Not all of them, but the ones where he had done best. The reason was probably that he became arrogant and lazy towards the end of his studies. He ruined the success that he had initially worked for himself. Poppy secretly celebrated this news.

Her uncle was upset about this, but Jasmin did not know what exactly had happened. Poppy's parents stayed silent about the incident in their letters.

And she was a mother. Franka helped her keep her motherhood a secret. Franka wanted to prevent a scandal and protect her. Poppy threatened to lose everything if anyone found out about her child. The nobility could be more than just unfair. And this also served to protect Poppy's little daughter. Because her father was the late Prince Telman. Thus, the Little Princess was Franka's niece. Poppy couldn't imagine a better aunt. Except for her own sister, of course!

The little one was raised by two nannies who took turns taking care of the little child around the clock. Poppy saw her daughter, whom she had named 'Ari', only in the early evening hours and at the end of the night. She had little time, but she loved her daughter. The nannies were sworn to secrecy and were well-paid by Princess Franka. Just like the midwife. She had also been paid handsomely for her silence.

How Franka kept all these expenses a secret, she didn't want to reveal to Poppy. In her opinion, Poppy already had enough worries. However, she suspected that the queen had long been knowing and silently tolerated the expenses or even supported Franka.

But how long could they keep a child a secret? Did Poppy have to send her away at some point? The thought terrified her deeply. Where would her child live?

If that day came, she would have to decide wisely.

Poppy was also worried about her sister. She missed her. But she knew that Jasmin was happy. In addition, Jasmin had written to her in her last letter that she was now planning to study. Poppy wanted to support her with the financing. She earned enough. More than enough.

 

Is this THE END? Yes and No. There are still two bonus chapters left. :-)

Bild

And sooooo much more for you too read. Franka's Story continues in WITCH. 

0