Bonus 2
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prince Tenner's best friend was anything but thrilled when the prince told him about his wedding plans. He was visiting the estate and the two men drank a glass of wine together. The prince raved about his chosen one, but his friend did not share his joy.

"A commoner?", grumbled the son of Baron von Grünhimmel. Quint von Grünhimmel, a small man with blond hair and a long nose, had attended university with the prince. Since then, the two have been friends.

"My former servant. I know that's unusual. But it's her, Quint!" Tenner shrugged. "She will fulfill her role wonderfully. And Kevina gets two adorable sisters."

"What?" Quint turned pale. "Two girls? Children? I thought one child would be enough for you."

"It is. But Martha has two daughters. Maybe I'll be able to be a better father to them than I was to Kevina." Tenner sighed. "The two children will have to get used to a lot of things."

Quint shook his head sadly. "Are you sure? A commoner? Two children! You're a prince..."

"I'm very sure!", he assured him.

A few months later, after the wedding, there was news again.

"She's pregnant?" Quint's mouth remained open. The prince, in his panic, had visited him in his small villa where Quint lived with his husband and their adopted son.

"Yes!" Tenner paced up and down the living room. "It was a mistake. We didn't want any more children! What am I doing? Another child for whom we will both have too little time. Franka and Coletta are already suffering from this. We do what we can. Of course!"

"You are a possible heir to the throne. Of course, you and your wife have obligations", Quint grumbled. "Social and political."

The prince nodded. "I'm exhausted, Quint. Tired and..."

"I know."

"It's not official yet. Please keep it to yourself", the prince muttered, sinking into one of the armchairs. "Will it be a girl? Or a boy? I have three daughters. A son would be nice..."

A week later, Quint decided to prevent a catastrophe. He could not allow his best friend to contaminate the royal blood. Quint von Grünhimmel was proud of his aristocratic origins. And as the prince's best friend, he saw himself as responsible for protecting the blood of the royal family. He had sworn it to him. Back when they were still students. They had toasted to their friendship and Quint vowed to his friend that he and his family would always stand by him.

The blood of the commoners, the pour, did not belong to the royal court. He hadn't been able to talk his friend out of the wedding. Heavens, he had tried! And almost lost his friend in the process. Therefore, he remained silent about his views. But another child? With polluted blood? This shouldn’t be.

And what if one day the servant's daughters had kids? No. He had already found a solution for the girls. Just like for their mother...

So he threatened one of the maids at his friend's mansion when he was visiting. She was supposed to mix poison into Tenner's wife's morning tea, which made her sleep better. And in the tea of her daughters. The poison from the leaves of the gray bog bush led to infertility in vampires. And it could terminate pregnancies at the same time. An expensive poison that was difficult to obtain. Especially if you didn't want to leave any traces.

Since Kevina was not at home, there was no danger that she would accidentally drink the poison. Because, sometimes, she also drank the tea. The young, precious princess could not be endangered.

But things didn't go according to plan.

Only Martha drank the tea. Franka and Coletta refused to drink their tea early in the morning. They didn't want to sleep and preferred to start a pillow fight until tiredness nevertheless overwhelmed them. Instead, the prince drank Franka's cold tea. And one of the other servants dumped Coletta's untouched tea.

Tenner told his friend a few days later, in confidence, that his wife had been ill for a few days. She had barely been able to sleep because of some bad pain. And he, too, had slight convulsions. But it hadn't hit him as badly as his wife. Traces of poison had been found in Marta's cup, just like in the girls' cups. All staff had been replaced. The royal family was alarmed.

Quint offered his condolences to his friend and mourned the lost child with him. Secretly, however, he was annoyed that his plan had not worked out.

Suspicion never fell on him. The former maid stayed silent.

But before he could make a second attempt, he became the victim of a robbery. He did not survive.

 

See you at another story.

Bild

You want to know what happened after this? Jasmin's and Franka's story continues in 'WITCH - The Revolt' You can find the story at my profil. <3

0