Who Are You?
802 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jason was deep in thought as he tried to comprehend all he had just heard from Mo Zhi. 'So it seems the Mamba bloodline that originates from the Long clan, and considering that the Long clan represents dragons, it's not unusual they have a serpentine bloodline, but what if before they had a dragon bloodline? And it came from that serpentine dragon of chaos... Apep. This, I must get my hands on it, getting a physical body is my main quest, and what else to use than this bloodline?' Jason thought as he laid his eyes on Mo Zuo's body like a predator stalking its prey.

Mo Zuo walked back to his house, he took a look around the clean garden and inhaled the scent of the roses. He then headed to the private courtyard, there, you could see several training equipment and dummies. 

In the center there was a larger dummy, and a silver glowing ring surrounding it, it was an autonomous device for training. Once you stepped in it would launch several attacks at you with the mace in its hand!

You could adjust the difficulty to your level of training. It was a very expensive piece of equipment, and there were only 5 of such in the entire Mo clan! Mo Zuo as the grandson of the former clan leader had inherited one.

But he wasn't battling with this puppet today, he was still too weak! He reached into the equipment rack grabbed a wooden sword, and was slightly surprised to find the sword weighed was much heavier than he expected.

"Alright, like my father always says, the goal is to cut down your enemy before he cuts you down." Jason said as he began teach Mo Zuo.

Mo Zuo nodded, "Of course! There is no need for flashy skills in sword training!"

"No need for flashy skills?" Jason asked with a surprised look, "Who told you that? Sword fighting is all about flashiness, why did you think I said you should get the lightning blade skill! Not only most you cut down your enemy, but you must do it in the flashiest way possible!"

"Whaaattt!" Mo Zuo said shocked.

"But you are too weak, to even focus on the art that is Sword play, so we would be doing some basic training..." Jason instructed.

Mo Zuo kept swinging his sword, and continued for several hours, the sun had already begun to set. He only stopped when he finally got the notification:

---

Name            -:- Mo Zuo (16)

Cultvn           -:- Qi Gathering stage (3)

Class            -:- Swordsman (Minor)

Subclass      -:- Apprentice Alchemist

Vitality          -:- 9.1/1.4

Qi                  -:-  1.4/1.4

PHY               -:- 2.0

DEX               -:- 1.0

Bloodline     -:- [In Slumber]

Sys points   -:- 46

*Other Statistics are currently not available*

Skills -:- Path of the black mamba (Stage 2) Minor Flame skill (Stage 1) Lightning Sword skill (Stage 2) Path of Pep [Sealed]

Current Quest : Go into town and catch the thief who stole your entire herb stash. Reward - 50 System points.

---

"You have now unlocked the Swordsman class! And you have already reached the second stage of the Lightning Sword skill, I guess this is how much someone can improve when they have a great teacher huh?"

Jason said with a smug smile.

Mo Zuo was about to reply when he saw a figure approach him.

"Are you ready?" Ji Yan asked him, she was still wearing the same clothes she had worn the very first time they met and with the same mask, Mo Zuo found it a bit strange since he had already seen her real face several times.

He was really bothered she was wearing a mask, 'Does she think I'm not worthy of viewing her real face?' shaking his head out of the temporary daze, he answered her.

"Ready for what?"

"We're going hunting again!"

"Whaaat? What are we hunting for??" Mo Zuo asked utterly confused.

"Nothing really, but aren't you bored staying here all alone?"

"We almost dieddd, are you serious?" Mo Zuo asked as if he couldn't believe his ears!

"YOU almost died. I was pretty much safe you know..." Ji Yan said casually.

Mo Zuo's jaws dropped slightly, but thinking about her position, it did make sense she got some protective items, even Mo Zuo had just recently obtained some items from his father.

"But still I'm pretty weak, what use would you have for me?" Mo Zuo asked, 'Is she starting to like me, and just wants to use this as an excuse to hang out with me?' he thought silently.

"Well I was touched by your bravery that time, the way you jumped in front of the blitz wolf, I realised that... you would make pretty good bait if such a situation happened again." Ji Yan said while giggling.

Mo Zuo: -_-'

---

Mo Zuo followed Ji Yan through the forest as she carelessly strolled through, he had to admit that the rainbow forest, was really colourful!

"Oh it's a green nosed monitor lizard! It's strength is at the fourth stage of Qi gathering, can you handle it?" Ji Yan said as she spotted the reptile a few meters away. It was resting and seemed to be fast asleep.

Mo Zuo calmly looked at the lizard, it was around 1.3 meters and didn't look so strong. He nodded his head at Ji Yan to signify yes, and slowly inched towards the lizard.

Green nosed lizards had quite the venomous bite, and could even spit a slightly corrosive toxin on their prey.

As Mo Zuo came closer and closer, it raised its head and noticed Mo Zuo. It got up and entered battle mode.

"Mo Zuo focus on your footwork, try and dodge as much as possible." Jason quipped in.

"Can you hurry up??!" Ji Yan shouted from the side.

Mo Zuo glanced at her and leapt towards the lizard, he was about landing a hit till the lizard side stepped and quickly whipped him with its tail!

Mo Zuo rolled on the floor as he felt a sharp pain in his ribs, 'Dammit, I guess I can't instantly jump levels, fourth stage is too much for me!'

Mo Zuo got up, and bent his head down and released a cloud of smoke and started dashing through the smoke to try and land a hit on the big lizard.

As he neared it, the sword glowed a dark green, as Mo Zuo's eyes became serpentine, he was using a bloodline skill!

The lizard sensed this and tried to dodge, but the venom slash extended from the sword and landed a direct hit.

"Success!" He yelled. 

The lizard looked at the poison scar on its body and was enraged. It instantly jumped at him and the battle ensued.

---

The tussle continued on for a while, till Ji Yan got bored and with a casual wave of Qi, the lizard was blasted out of their path.

Mo Zuo said nothing, and tended to his wounds and followed right behind, during the battle he had gotten slightly poisoned, luckily the poison was too weak it seemed, and after a slight discomfort he was fine.

Ji Yan kept walking till she heard some voices above and signified Mo Zuo to keep quiet as they jumped into the trees.

Mo Zuo looked out for what caused the commotion and spotted a figure with a bow strapped across his back, looking closer he could see that the figure was actually Mo Fen!

And he observed Mo Fen was talking to a figure dressed in white, and squinting his eyes he could see that she was wearing clothes of the Ji clan!

'Who is she?' Mo Zuo wondered, and hopped over for a closer look!

'That's.... Ji Yue!' Mo Zuo noticed, but then he snappily turned to look at the figure in the white fox mask, 'If Ji Yue is down here.... who is she?' Mo Zuo moved away and quickly stood on his guard, looking at the figure, he turned and stared deep at the figure.

"Who are you?!" He couldn't understand how Ji Yue who was with him was suddenly down there.

"Calm down a bit Mo Zuo, she's not Ji Yue." Jason replied.

"Not Ji Yue? Then who is she?" Mo Zuo asked.

Jason was about to reply, when the figure slowly removed its mask, and Mo Zuo could see the face underneath, and he could see the person vaguely resembled Ji Yue.

Ji Yan smiled as she saw his surprised expression.

"Wait, you're her sister?" Mo Zuo then recalled the person who was excitedly waving at him back then, 'Ah I see now, I confused them from the very beginning' He thought, realising she had never claimed to be Ji Yue, and he had just assumed. 

Ji Yan calmly smiled as she watched Mo Zuo gather his thoughts, she then turned and continued observing Mo Fen and his sister. Mo Zuo hobbled over, and as he watched, it seemed Mo Fen and Ji Yue were chatting quite a bit.

---

Mo Fen has been gathering special rare flowers, when he had chanced upon the young Miss of the Ji clan. Mo Fen had always been polite, so he did a slight greeting and was going on his way, till Ji Yue started pestering him.

Mo Fen was a known genius, and if he ever participated in the annual competitions he would most likely clear out all the other young geniuses in the other clans!

Ji Yue had wanted to get pointers from Mo Fen, but she had never seen someone as stubborn as Mo Fen!

He had been doing everything to get rid of her since the moment they met, slightly frustrated and her ego bruised, she kept following Mo Fen around, till he finally succumbed and started answering questions.

"And that's how you train everyday?" Ji Yue asked surprisingly.

"Yeah." Mo Fen weakly replied.

"But that's so simple, is there anything you do different?"

"Nope, talent I guess."

The conversation seemed to be going nowhere, and the sun had already set, Mo Fen looked up at the dark skies and turned around and began heading towards the clan.

"You're leaving so soon? It just got dark aren't you going to do a little practice, isn't that why you came here?" Ji Yue asked a bit surprised.

"You're disturbing me."

Hearing this Ji Yue sightly knit her eyebrows, she was going to be studying with Mo Fen for a very long time, so she was doing her best to get along with him.

But seeing his cold exterior, Ji Yue felt demotivated and started heading out with Mo Fen. She had finally given up.

---

Apart from the duo of Mo Zuo and Ji Yan watching Mo Fen, there was also someone hidden nearby watching them. 

Seeing how close Ji Yue and Mo Fen were, he was already convinced that the member of the younger generation who would be following the Ji clan would obviously be Mo Fen.

Mo Xi slowly calmed his raging heart and comforted himself, 'Power, that's the only thing that matters! If I was stronger I'd be the one chosen, I can only work harder!' Mo Xi said while trying to comfort himself.

He grabbed his sword, and ventured deeper into the forest, there'd be a great hunt tonight!

---

Seeing the Mo Fen and Ji Yue leaving, Mo Zuo turned to Ji Yan and said, "The night is just starting, do you want to leave just yet?"

Ji Yan turned to look at him and slightly laughed, "What? I came here to have fun! How can I leave just now?" She brought out a map from her storage ring and showed it to Mo Zuo.

Mo Zuo could see several parts of the Map had been marked out and some circled in a bright red, he looked back at Ji Yan and had a slightly worried look.

Ji Yan noticed the look in his eyes, and she rolled her eyes at him, "No we aren't going into the red area of course! I still value my equipment." She replied. "We would be going into the safer marked out green places, the beasts there are just around the Qi gathering stage, very safe for you."

Mo Zuo felt slightly comforted and nodded his head in agreement. His current aim was to further stimulate his bloodline, and become much stronger!

Ji Yan and Mo Zuo gently jumped down the tree, and headed to the places safely marked out on the map.

16