Prologue
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a slash the last remaining knight defending the door to the prince's room falls. Soldiers from the three kingdom alliance begin to walk towards the room and noises of battle once again begin to be heard. The knight who had just fallen opens their eyes and finds themselves laying on the floor as they look down to the place where their right arm should be; they realize that it has been detached and is now a few feet away from them. As they hear the sound of fighting in the other room they realize what is about to happen and what will be the fate of not just them but also the prince and the kingdom which had stood for 3 thousand years, the kingdom which he had sworn to serve and protect. This realization causes them to lose any hope as they are filled with despair and regret.

Then the knight hears a whisper, "stand up."He begins to laugh to himself despite it causing them pain thinking that the blood loss has caused them to start hearing voices. The voice suddenly is heard again but it is now more audible as if the person talking is standing right in front of them.“Stand up, It is not over yet you can still fulfill your oath and protect the royal blood."Hearing this again they begin to become irritated with the voice and respond “What do you want me to do? I have lost.” Within the unit of knights he had never been the strongest or had any type of qualities that made them special. He was simply a person that met the qualifications to be eventually utilized as cannon fodder.But despite his level of incompetence and inability to stand out he was still a knight and as long as he had this title he would be bound to his oath and protect his kingdom until his last breath. This was the oath that the voice was talking about and it reminded the man that their job was not over yet.

With his newfound motivation he slowly began to rise as pain from all of his injuries began attacking him simultaneously. As the pain in his stomach from that last slash drains his energy he makes his way into the room which the knight that had defeated him had gone into. In the room he finds 5 people who are still alive, 4 of them being his enemies, 3 soldiers and one wizard. Then in the room he sees one last person in the corner. He is the son of the queen, an infant who had just turned 2 the previous month. He knows that he would not be able to beat them in his peak condition let alone his current one. As those within the room begin to question why he is attempting to fight them now that he is nearing death the man yells “Stop, I won't allow you to hurt his majesty”, one of them looks at him and laughs as they see the condition he is in and ask “What do you expect to do with the condition that we?” Then in a moment before they could even finish their sentence the man broke into a sprint but not to the exit or his enemies but instead to the boy he ran towards him before they could do anything and with all of the force he had he threw his sword at the men who had laughed at him. He did not know if he had hit them but the moment he had reached the boy he had picked him up with his single arm and ran to the balcony.”Stop him “ one of them yelled.

He then took a leap and jumped from 3 stories a fall that would kill a man in his condition but he knew that if he remained there he and the boy would both be brutally killed so he took his chances. On his way down he had noticed that a thick fog covered the ground which was extremely beneficial to them. Then they struck the ground and the sound from metal from the armor striking the ground and the cracking of the man's bones within the armor interrupted the silence that surrounded the capital that night. For a moment the man simply laid there unable to move his body as he stared at the boy he noticed that his hair which was known to be silver by all the people of the capital was stained with the blood of his family and his own blood and was now showing a crimson color. As he laid there he thought to himself “At least the prince might have a chance to escape if someone finds him” then he heard that voice again. “It is not over yet until that boy is safe, you cannot rest” then all he could see was darkness and for a moment he believed he had died.

Then his body, as if it was in no pain at all, began to rise which surprised the man because he himself had done nothing at all. He felt his body hold the boy in his arm with his one hand and began to run through the streets of the now destroyed capital, each corner passing through corpses from previous battles which had occurred and although they were now unable to see the massacre that had unfolded they were able to feel the strong presence of death that it emitted. With the smell of blood remaining in the air, it had been the only thing the man could smell for hours as he made his way through the city. At one point the man had found a sword that had been embedded into a person's back and placed it in his scabbard where his old sword had been. He had also found a cloak which he wore to hide as much of his armor which reflected in the moonlight. As he continued to run through the city he had begun to realize that he was running faster then when he had started and that the longer he ran through the city the lighter the boy felt even though he was still fatigued and in extreme pain. Eventually they had made it through one of the exits of the city that which only the royal family and a few knights knew. After leaving the capital city he had reached the forest and continued to run while never looking back at any sound. Eventually the man felt a wave of fatigue strike their body as if the energy that allowed them to make it this far disappear instantaneously and they ended up collapsing.

0