1 | Nightmare
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was 2:30pm.

"The formula for solving x in this trigonometric equation..."

The rhythmic sound of the teacher's voice resounded throughout the room, lulling everyone into a drowsy sleep.

Outside is a peaceful day, with blue skies and gentle wind.

Nothing seemed amiss.

"KYAAAAAAAAH!"

Suddenly, a loud scream penetrated the surroundings.

The students were jolted awake, hurriedly looking out the window, only to see...

The end of the world.

The beautiful blue sky was dyed with a fiendish red, the once peacefully walking citizens were scrambling in all directions, running for their lives.

Some people began to bite others. The ones bitten, on the other hand, convulsingly got up, and began tearing others apart.

Chaos descended, and the people inside the room were frightened. 

The teacher hurriedly stopped her lecture and ordered,

"Quick, lock the doors!"

*Click*

The doors were locked, leaving the class trapped in the room, with no way out.

The screams gradually drew closer.

One wouldn't need to specifically think in order to know that those "rabid" people managed to enter their building, and moreover, their floor.

The students lay shivering in their desks, despair gradually dyeing their countenance.

Deon stood still, quietly looking out the window, his face as still as water. 

Suddenly, a hand grabbed his back, forcing him to turn around.

What immediately greeted his face was a pale, rotting "classmate". His "classmate" opened his mouth wide open, about to chomp down on his shoulder.

Deon's pupils shrunk.

-----

"*Pant* *pant* ...what..."

Darkness enveloped the room. Deon suddenly sprang up from his bed, sweating profusely.

He hurriedly glanced at the time...

It was 5:45am.

Unable to continue sleeping, Deon scurried over to the washroom.

The splashing sound of water can be heard from within.

Deon looked at the mirror, water trickling down his face.

It was hard to tell whether it was really water or sweat.

"How many days has it been..."

It has been a few weeks since he started having these recurring nightmares.

No one knows when it really started, but these nightmares kept haunting his dreams. He couldn't do anything about them, as they will only keep coming back, no matter how he tries to resist.

Nevertheless, one thing is for certain:

These nightmares...

Are ominous.

0