Chapter 4: A False History
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What do you mean, ‘real’ God of Gods?”

Bei Xing is standing at this point and remains somewhat confused.

“Boy are you slow?”

“No, but I am a cripple. My body doesn’t naturally generate qi.”

Siwang slaps his face and sighs.

“Of course you are…”

He then continues.

“What I mean is Qing Shen was not the real God of Gods, that was the position I held as the first God to be born. Whatever stories you have been told about Qing Shen are false.”

“So you’re telling me that the stories of the Great Darkness which have been passed down for multiple millennium aren’t true?”

“That is exactly what I am saying. Qing Shen is my younger brother who was born after me. In the past when I was born my light reached every corner of the universe, and in order to create balance Qing Shen was born as my counter. His power is the darkness which eats away and overcomes my light.”

Bei Xing is hooked now and looks into the eyes of Siwang showing his interest in the story.

“Mind you at first he and I were the only Gods in existence, and despite our opposite natures we got along quite well. He even looked up to me.”

“In that case what happened between the two of you?”

“The origin of our conflict began when the rest of the Gods were born. More and more Gods appeared not long after us and I granted each of them my power; which in turn made them grateful toward me. Qing Shen became wrought with jealousy because he missed the time when he and I were the sole Gods inhabiting the God Realm.”

Bei Xing interrupts after Siwang finishes his sentence.

“Kind of like my little sister! She gets mad at me whenever I don’t pay enough attention to her too.”

“Are you seriously comparing existential level problems to your human relationship with your sister?”

“If you think about it your situation is no different than mine. Only it appears your brother went off the deep end in your case.”

Siwang listens to Bei Xing’s response and ponders to himself for a moment, realizing the boy has a point.

“Fair enough, but back to my story. Don’t interrupt again child.”

“Whatever you say grandpa.”

“Why you little...ugh forget it. Let me continue.”

Bei Xing laughs at Siwang’s reaction and lets him continue speaking.

“As I was saying before you so rudely interrupted - my brother’s jealousy toward the other Gods became too much for him to deal with at some point. So to get his revenge on me he used a spell to manipulate the other Gods into thinking he was the God of Gods. Once the other Gods were under his spell my brother faked his death and pinned it on me. At first I thought it was a silly plot that I could overlook, seeing as how he was the closest person to me in the universe. However I was too naive and I let my guard down. After he pinned the ‘death’ on me I approached him to get answers and he used the necklace I gave him, the King’s Amulet, to lock away my soul.”

“If you really are the God of Gods then how could an amulet you gave Qing Shen seal your soul?”

“Boy the King’s Amulet is not any old necklace, it is a divine treasure crafted using my own Godly qi and other precious materials only found in the God Realm. Combine that with my master craftsmanship and the King’s Amulet easily had more power than any divine treasures that exist in the Mortal World. In addition to that the centerpiece of the amulet is a Soul Harnessing stone which is extremely hard to find even in the God Realm…”

Siwang gestures at the King’s Amulet which now sits on the floor of the cave.

“A normal Soul Harnessing stone has the ability to take qi and spirit energy out of a normal God’s soul. Which means my brother probably reinforced this power using his dark arts so that it would work on me.”

Note: Divine treasures are special weapons and items that are created by practitioners of the mystic arts known as magical blacksmiths. These blacksmiths use qi and forging materials in order to create them. In the Mortal World humans rank these treasures using grades that describe the power of them. The ranks are (from lowest to highest): yellow, green, red, blue, purple, and black. Black Grade divine treasures are extremely hard to craft and even top-tier craftsmen dream of making a single one in their lifetime.

“That makes sense now, thank you for explaining. But what happened after your soul was sealed in the King’s Amulet?”

Siwang smiles, unable to hide his surprised expression.

“You have manners? Shocking.”

“Hey old man don’t tease me. I’m the one listening to your story got it?”

“Yes I know child worry not. While my soul was sealed in the King’s Amulet I could still catch glimpses of what was happening in the outside world. It appears that after my soul was locked away Qing Shen created an army of darkness using his powers and even made a fake me to lead them. Of course this imposter was nowhere near as strong as I was back then which was humiliating, but seeing as how Qing Shen has power levels similar to mine it was still a force to be reckoned with. Anyways, long story short is that he used his new army to cause the Great Darkness and get rid of some of the Gods he despised the most. In essence he used the war as a method to ‘clean house’ with the Gods and cover up the fake death to make it look like the response was real. My brother even took on a new name and became the new God of Gods so that no one would suspect him.”

Bei Xing now stands there with his eyes wide and mouth partially opened. Normally he is able to remain calm and composed in crazy situations despite his rambunctious nature, but hearing such world-breaking news even blew his mind.

He gathers his thoughts and then takes a deep breath.

“That’s a lot to take in, do you have any proof to show you are telling me the truth.”

“Of course I wouldn’t tell you this story without proof, come here boy.”

Siwang begins waving to Bei Xing to get him to come closer. Bei Xing takes several steps forward and now stands close enough to closely inspect the man before him even with the low light emitted from the torch. Siwang has very clean features and perfect skin, not a single blemish or scar can be seen. He also gives off a warming aura that soothes Bei Xing’s nerves.

“When my finger touches your forehead my memories will flow into your brain. Those with weak willpower tend to die when I do this because it overloads their mind, are you sure you want proof?”

“Do you take me for a fool? I’ll be able to handle it.”

“Whatever you say.”

Siwang gently rests his index finger on Bei Xings head and lets his memories flow into boy’s mind. Bei Xing’s eyes glow white as countless bits of information travel from the tip of Siwang’s finger into his mind. Once the transfer is done Siwang removes his finger and Bei Xing falls to the ground.

After a few seconds Bei Xing is able to gather himself and stand once again.

“You were telling the truth, this is crazy. All those stories about the Great Darkness...they’re all fake.”

“Indeed, it makes sense that my brother would fabricate a story about the war and share it with the mortals. He is a cunning and manipulative God so many would fall for his tricks very easily.”

Bei Xing stands back up and dusts off his gi before letting out a big grin.

“I have an idea grandpa.”

Before responding Siwang quickly hides his shock with the fact that Bei Xing is somehow able to stand at this point.

“How is this boy able to stand after I used the Mind Transfer skill on him just moments ago? A normal human would be reeling in pain right now due to the drawbacks of having so much information flow into their brain at one time. It would appear that this boy has some potential…”

Bei Xing can tell Siwang is thinking about something so he questions him.

“Anything wrong? You look lost in thought.”

“Pardon me nothing is wrong. I was lost in my thoughts as you mentioned. But what is your idea?”

“Well you see, my father is the noble lord of our village. So he wants me to learn politics and all this other stuff in order to inherit his position later on.”

“He sounds like a sensible person, unlike someone I have recently come to know.”

“That’s not the point! I have no interest in becoming the noble lord, instead I wish to go on adventures and live my life free like the wind. Being trapped in this village for the rest of my life is the last thing I want.”

“You may want to go on various adventures, but is that a wise decision? You stated earlier that you are a cripple right now, meaning you cannot cultivate or practice any of the mystic arts. Going out on adventures requires you to be strong and dependable, which you are not right now.”

“Hence why I want you to help me get around that hurdle. With the God of Gods at my side teaching me the mystic arts I could become one of the strongest people in the world. Then I’ll be able to go on adventures and protect my family without having to worry about them.”

“I can tell by the way you speak and conduct yourself that you mean this sincerely, but it is not wise of me to get involved in mortal affairs right now. My powers are drained from reawakening in a spirit form after all these years. It’ll take a long time to regain my strength and form a physical body. Should my brother find out my soul was released then he would cause another war which no one wants.”

Bei Xing’s face instantly grows sour with disappointment. He totally agrees with what Siwang is saying but that does not mean he likes to hear it.

Not seconds later Bei Xing’s face shoots up and his eyes lock with Siwang.

“It’s purely theoretical, but since you’re the God of Gods you should know various spells and martial arts right?”

“Yes of course, no one is my rival in any of the mystic arts to be honest.”

“In that case do you know of any skills to tie that amulet to my soul as well?”

“I do but why does that matter, such skills are usually dangerous.”

“Think about it old man! I have a physical body and can learn the mystic arts from you to end my life as a cripple. By cultivating the mystic arts I will reinforce my own soul and begin generating qi energy which will allow both of us to grow stronger.”

“I thought you were slow but it appears you may be a genius, that method could work.”

Bei Xing enjoys hearing himself get praised so he rests his arms behind his head and begins trying to act cool.

“A genius you say? Bei Xing the Genius...I like it.”

“Do not get ahead of yourself I merely mean you had one good idea.”

Bei Xing tries hiding his laughs behind his hand as he knows Siwang is trying to tease him.

“Now in order to tie that amulet to your soul I will need to cast a spell on you. Grab the amulet from the ground and hold it to your chest with both hands.”

Bei Xing nods his head and does as Siwang instructs him.

Siwang then holds his palm out over the amulet and chants the words to the spell. As he does so the stone on the amulet glows red and its energy is absorbed by Bei Xing.

“In the name of the Heavens I command thy stone to become one with the soul of Bei Xing, let qi and spirit flow together as one in perfect balance and strengthen the bond between these two souls!”

As Siwang finishes the chant the red energy that has been absorbed by Bei Xing is now overflowing. With the last word leaving Siwang’s mouth all of Bei Xing’s energy is released as he lets out a loud cry.

“Aghhhhhh!”

The release of energy causes the mines to shine with a red light and Bei Xing’s cry can be heard echoing throughout the cave. His cry carries a shock to it which shakes the caves, causing dust and rubble to stir up around him.

When the dust settles Bei Xing is seen panting and secreting bucketloads of sweat. His body is now flowing with qi, which he was previously unable to gather or use. This feeling of overwhelming power causes a smile to form on Bei Xing’s face as he begins laughing uncontrollably.

In between laughs Bei Xing manages to let out a few words.

“My body is flowing with qi naturally now, it feels so good! I feel so good!”

“In all honesty I didn’t expect the spell to have this high of an impact on your body. Plus the qi flowing through your meridians is as pure as mine, who knew a human would be able to maintain qi like that? You have a natural talent with the mystic arts obviously!”

“Thank you Siwang, or should I say master now seeing as how we have a deal?”

The tone of Bei Xing’s voice is almost cynical, but it is meant in a good way.

“Yes Bei Xing, from this day forward I shall be your master and you my apprentice. I will teach you the ways of the mystic arts and make you strong enough to live out your dreams. In return you will help me regain my power and physical body.”

Bei Xing bows to his master who returns it back to him.

“Yes master. Let’s return to the village now it’s late. Tomorrow morning we’ll begin my training.”

“Sounds good to me. For now I will rest in the King’s Amulet which is now hidden in your soul. If you need me then just call."

Bei Xing nods to his master who then fades into the air as he returns to the King’s Amulet. He then grabs his torch and runs out of the cave. Due to the qi flowing in his body Bei Xing’s body has become more powerful. Not only is he faster, but his stamina drains much slower. Thanks to this he reaches the village in a matter of minutes.

Once back in the house and laying in bed Bei Xing closes his eyes and goes to sleep right away. He sleeps like a newborn baby throughout the night with a smile frozen on his face. For when he walks up the next day, his first real adventure will begin.

Chapter End.

1