RDD 7
4k 12 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7

When I returned, I had bags of potatoes, chicken, and chocolate in my hands. 

I was only gone half an hour, but it felt like half a day because my mind was traveling. It was strange but amazing to see the prices of the products in the wet market, they were so cheap!

"Jajjy!"

Sophia crawled, hugged my leg, and greeted me. But her eyes could never lie, she was staring at the chocolates I bought. She was salivating that her drool was coming out. 

"How was it?"

My wife helped me with the bags. Then I carried Sophia and wiped her mouth. 

"Mommy, chocwolate!"

"Honey, you have to wait for later. We are going to have breakfast and you will lose your appetite if you eat chocolate now."

"Wuuu wuuu..."

My daughter immediately used her greatest weapon - crying. 

"Okay, but you can only have one."

Penelope sighed and handed her a small bar of milk chocolate. 

"Yay!"

She happily nibbled on the chocolate, making her face dirty. I laughed and wiped her face again. Sophia was reasonable and easy to pacify, she only cried when she wanted something... Which in my opinion was still childish. Well, she is still a baby.  

"What about you Roman?"

I asked my son for some chocolate... but he seemed to be busy clicking on my phone. 

"Roman, answer your father."

Sophia had already put on an apron and started cooking. 

"I don't want chocolate, I'll wait for breakfast."

... You just want to keep playing games, don't you? Now I remember why I don't usually give my phone to Roman, because his face would never leave the screen. 

Since I brought potatoes, my wife decided to make chicken adobo, and it was delicious. 

We had a hearty meal and spent the day together since I had a day off. 

After a day of nothing but spending my time with my family, my wife lay next down to me. 

"Honey, I think we need to work harder this time."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

I looked at my wife who was resting her head on my shoulder. To be honest, I wanted to 'cuddle' with her, but the kids were still awake. I didn't dare do anything perverted while they were awake. 

"Well, our kids are growing up and I'm afraid they'll need more things."

"Hm."

I nodded. I knew it very well. I had to work harder for my children. Now that I have accepted this role, I have to keep my responsibilities and provide for them. 

The original owner has already merged with me. It's impossible to ignore his feelings. Right now, my mission was to give my family a good life, something that the original owner had failed miserably at. 

'Asshole, you can't keep your promise, so you succumbed to depression and killed yourself. Maybe that's the ugly thing about you spoon-fed people, you're not used to a hard life. In just five years, you have easily lost the will to live.'

I sighed inwardly. I inherited his memories and I know the reasons why he killed himself. It was disappointing but understandable. He could not overcome it. However, in my opinion, he was still a coward. 

Now I have to take on his role, and I will gladly do so. 

'Your feelings are so strong that I have easily accepted my identity as the husband and father of this family.'

I had never experienced marriage in my previous life, and I hadn't had any children either. But now my mind and body were responding well to this situation.

"Keith, promise me you will never drink alcohol or smoke again."

My wife looked at me with tears in her eyes and I felt bad. 

"I will stop smoking, but can I still drink?"

This man had vices! Disgusting! One of the reasons we're poor! But my inner demon wanted to drink, it was my pleasure and hobby.

"No, you have to stop both. Promise me you will stop."

Her hands grabbed my arm and I felt the pressure. I don't want to see her sad. 

It was good that 50 percent of this soul was not tainted by vices. I still have the will to stop drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes.

I sighed. 

"I promise, I will never drink or smoke again."

"Good."

She smiled and kissed me on the lips. That kiss made me happy. My feelings towards my wife were quite erratic, but one thing was for sure, I love her kiss. 

She giggled and lay down next to me.

I swallowed my saliva and turned to her.  

"Honey, can we..."

"Nope. Not this time, your son has school tomorrow and I have to get up early. We can talk about this tomorrow, okay?"

"... Okay."

I nodded forcefully. 

Since Roman was still in kindergarten, he only had to go to kindergarten three times a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. 

"Besides, you had a fever last night and I don't want you to be tired."

She said mischievously, giggling. 

I just groaned and closed my eyes. Finally, I settled down with a kiss and fell asleep. I was excited about what would happen tomorrow, I feel like I'm a virgin again.

"... Guh."

I woke up much earlier than Roman and Penelope. I took a bath, cleaned my body, and left the house. I didn't bother taking breakfast. 

I walked a few blocks away from the apartment and boarded a jeepney. As more passengers boarded the jeep, my mind recalled our conversation last night.

'I need to work harder, huh?'

Do I need to change my job or something? My job is as a taxi driver and my monthly salary is not bad, around 10 - 15 thousand. It all depends on how many trips I make. 

But before I could even think of a solution, a blessing greeted me. 

-- Ding!

[Grind System! Initiate!]

[System Remarks: I'm here to help you achieve your goals, it all depends on your perseverance! Grind grind grind grind!]

[Goddess Remarks: This is probably the first and last time I will contact you. We have decided to give you a small gift. We feel bad about killing you and throwing you to another planet. Have a good life this time, I wish you the best].

Goddess... All I can say is that you are the best! 

[I want to thank my patrons for supporting my Pat reon: ]

Aviral Jaat

Acedia 

Clutch

Jackson J Betts

Black 

Till Grothe

Marlon Allen

Greatface

Eduardo

Zuur 

Enes

Retired Old Man

Ryuu

Raini M. Terante

Robert Campbell

VoidStar 

Duke York

Ausner Gentil

103