RDD 66
597 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Shout out to Cesar M., William T.N., Danny Y., Jack W., Chase L.!]

RDD 66

The Castillo family has a disease called supreme stubbornness. Once we made up our minds about something, it was hard to change our minds. 

Throughout my life, I have seen my father and uncle beat each other because of their stubbornness. I even saw my grandfather beat my father and uncle because of their stubbornness. 

Just like my ancestors, me and my brothers were also stubborn mules. To the point that we had to settle things with our fists. Our fist fights could not be counted by fingers. 

The only way to stop us was to ask the women in the family to intervene. 

My grandfather's kryptonite was my calm and gentle grandmother. 

Like her, my father could never face my mother when she was angry. In fact, the only time I ever saw my father on his knees was when my mother was crying. 

I can say that my mother's tears are my father's weakness. He became soft when it came to her. 

Unfortunately, we three brothers didn't have any weakness. We could hit each other as much as we wanted. 

What? Rich people don't hit each other? They are well-mannered and afraid of pain? Fuck you! 

If you're rich and afraid of pain, you're a fucking coward! In my family, there are two ways to settle things. With our fists and our determination. 

The one with the strongest fists and determination will win. 

"Sean, I wonder what would happen if I broke your face. Will your actress girlfriend accept you after she sees how ugly you are after I smash your face to the ground?"

"What about you? Will your wife cry when I smash your head..."

"Waahh! Waaahhh--!"

We both jumped as we heard a deafening cry. Sean and I looked at Sophia who was crying. 

"You two... I don't know what's wrong with you, but don't ever show violence to my daughter. Or none of you will leave this place with any limbs. "

Penelope looked at us with her cold red eyes. 

Both my brother and I shuddered at her gaze. We nodded instinctively, almost like children. 

For unknown reasons, Penelope reminded me of my mother when she was angry. 

Once the women in the family got angry, no one would have a peaceful day. I know this very well. 

"..."

"..."

Sean and I looked at each other and sighed. In the end, we understand that this problem would never be solved if we use violence. We are both adults. 

"Kazir. Please listen to me, I have a house in Cavite. You can stay there with your family. I assure you that Mom and Dad will never bother you."

I looked at him. Sean was serious. This time I can trust him. But I was still not sure if trusting him was the best thing to do.

"Kazir, do you have a job right now?"

"..."

I closed my mouth. I didn't know why my brother was asking me about my job. 

"Kazir, I'm asking you. Do you have a job right now?"

"I quit. I'm thinking about starting a small business." 

"I see," he didn't have a strong reaction, almost as if he knew that I had already resigned. 

"What kind of business?" 

"Burgers. I want to build a burger stand and sell burgers."

"I see... Then I can give you a shop for it."

"What?" I frowned.

"Do you remember the shop we had next to the entrance of FCIE?"

"You mean the clothing store? I thought someone is renting it?"

"That's right. The owner of the clothing store migrated to America. So far it's an empty shop."

"..."

I remembered that store. FCIE is the first industrial park in Cavite. My uncle's tire factory was there. Hundreds of thousands of workers went in and out of that place every day. 

Every store near that place received hundreds of costumers every day. It was a little confusing that no one rented the clothing store. Because this store had a good location. It would never be a problem to make thousands every day. 

"..."

"Keith, do I look like I'm joking? I'm serious, you can use the store. I'll give it to you for free. Hell, it was yours to begin with."

"My property?"

"Yes, it's your inheritance."

"I have an inheritance?"

I thought I was erased in the inheritance will. 

"Don't look at me like that. Of course you have an inheritance."

"... Let me think about it."

"This guy." Sean sighed, defeated.

We are stubborn about this. 

"Wife, what do you think?"

This time I asked my wife for her opinion. She was the reason I didn't want to go back to Cavite. 

Penelope smiled at me. She was rocking Sophia in her arms as she asked me a question. 

"Keith, if you met your parents again, would you choose us or your parents?"

"Of course you, I love you."

"Then there's no need to hesitate. As long as you love us, your parents will never keep us apart."

"Indeed." I realized something valuable. 

"It is difficult to find a cheap place to stay. We can't even be sure if the apartment we will rent will be good for us. In that case, going back to Cavite is a good thing. Besides, I don't like the air here in Manila. It's too smoky."

After our vacation in the province, we realized how dirty the air is in Manila. Damn disgusting. Almost as if we were inhaling smoke. 

"..." 

My wife was clearly right. If Sean wanted to help us, then I had to be shameless and accept it. Hell, he wanted to give us a store for free. 

"Wait a minute, do I have to pay you rent?"

"That depends on you." He shrugged. 

"I'll pay you 5 thousand a month."

"Huh? Bro, I want to..."

"Sean, I'm not a 'Castillo' anymore. I have to treat you like a landlord and pay you rent."

Sean was defeated and leaned back against the chair. 

"Okay. But 5 thousand pesos a month is too little if you rent the house and shop."

"..."

"Nah, I'm just kidding."

This guy...

In the end, Sean agreed and let us live in the house and use the shop for 5 thousand. To be honest, I'm clearly stealing from my brother with that amount. 

"When do you want to leave the apartment?" He asked. 

"Give me three days."

"Okay, but I want to make things clear. If you leave me hanging and run away again, I will beat you as soon as I find you..."

"Waahh wahhhh--!"

Sophia started to cry again and Sean shut his mouth.

[Author's Note: I'm going to ramble and say my thoughts on Jujutsu Kaisen.]

[I've never been spoiled in Jujutsu Kaisen, since I'm technically updated every week... Still, it's really sad that the honored one died. I already have an idea that Sukuna will win because his character is important for Yuuji Itadori's development. Gege Akutami himself admitted that he hated Gojo Satoru because he was overpowered. I guess we know the reason why Gojo died off-screen. Rest in peace, the honored one].

9