RDD 71
662 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Shout out to Robert W., Bonobo, Revan4Life, MMMCMXCIX, or 3,999, Johannes, Ivik hans kristian K., Saud B., Eduardo, Christian P., despot, Edward T., Wenxie, and Cherif D.!]

RDD 71

Now, if you're going to ask me if I'm disappointed with the recipe. I'm definitely disappointed. 

I thought I was going to read some secret sauce of something, just like Krabby Patty. All I got was a simple burger recipe.

"Hayst..."

"Honey, are you okay? You're sighing a lot early in the morning."

Penelope came over and squeezed my arm. She was worried that I was sighing.

"Nothing, I'm just thinking about the burger recipe I'm going to use."

I replied somberly. 

"Is it because of last night?" Penelope crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows.

"Huh?" 

I tilted my head in confusion.

"Is it because of the children? Are you upset about them sleeping with us for the first two nights?"

"Huh? Of course not. I love our kids. If they want to sleep with us, sure, I have no problem." I answered honestly from the bottom of my heart. 

My kids are still young and sometimes they want to sleep with us, especially Sophia. 

As for Roman, heh, I will kick him out of our room when he turns 10. He is too old at that age and needs to sleep on his own.

"Is that so?"

She looked into my eyes to see if I was lying. She smiled when she realized I was sincere. 

"Well, I'll talk to the kids later if you want." She said as she squeezed my arm. Weakly purring. 

And Oh Boi, I know damn well what she's saying. 

"Wife!"

"Kyah-!"

I grinned and hugged my wife. Penelope yelped in surprise and giggled. 

We stayed like that for a few minutes before we resumed our duty. Hm, my wife smells so good. 

She doesn't like to wear perfume, so this is her natural scent. All I can say is, I'm addicted!

I put my nose on her neck and smelled her! Almost rubbing my nose against her. 

"Fufu. Honey, you're tickling me."

We giggled like little kids and hugged each other.

Then I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Our room has a built-in bathroom so we didn't have to leave the room. 

Our plan for today was to visit the empty store at the entrance to FCIE. We already had breakfast and took a bath. 

After getting ready, we left the house. 

Sophia was excited as we walked around our neighborhood. She was fascinated by the different architecture of the houses. 

Our house is in a wealthy subdivision and most of the families here are above middle class. Maybe not super rich, just enough to buy two cars and stuff with their bank account, I guess.

Walking around, I realized something.

This place is so damn huge that it will take us an hour just to leave the subdivision! Miles and miles of walking!

We need a car! We need a car! God, I hope someone will give me a car today. 

"Penelope..."

"Yes, honey?"

"I think I need to carry the kids when they get tired."

"Yes, I think so." She laughed. 

"If you want, I can carry you too." I teased. 

"Dream on, Keith Castillo. You'll break your back."

"I can break your back... ahem." 

I replied sarcastically and received a cold look. Although I saw my wife slightly grinning. Yep, that's it, I will break my wife's back tonight...

Anyway, after a few minutes of walking, I was really carrying the kids. 

Luckily, I consumed an energy pill today. I can carry the children without any problem. 

However, I noticed that Penelope was the one who got tired. My wife wiped her sweat as she smiled at me, carrying the two kids. 

The hot sun+walking miles, definitely a bad combination. 

I pursed my lips. I felt sorry for my wife. 

... Maybe I can apply for a loan? Of course I won't buy a car. A motorcycle is enough, I can turn it into a tricycle. 

Fortunately, we met a woman who had a car. She offered us a ride to the entrance of the subdivision and we gladly accepted. 

"Thanks, pwetty lady!" Sophia waved her hands adorably. 

We thanked the woman after getting out of the car. 

Now that we have reached the entrance, we can catch a jeepney to take us to FCIE. 

FCIE. 

Also known as the First Cavite Industrial Estate. 

This place was one of the reasons why Cavite became prosperous. The amount of money that FCIE generates every year could cost a billion pesos. 

When FCIE was built, it gave jobs to the people of Cavite, which made many families rich. 

In fact, my grandfather's very first construction project was in FCIE. He was assigned to weld steel fences in one of the factories. 

From then on, my grandfather's construction company got one project after another until he had enough money to invest in car wash and car repair shops. 

Then my father and uncle took over and started a tire factory and a corn chip factory. 

... Now that I think about it, I feel like I missed something important. 

I only realized it when I got to the shop. 

We took a jeepney to get there. A few meters walk and we found the shop. I was stunned and my foot stopped walking. 

"Dajjy?" Sophia, who was in my arms, was confused. 

"Honey, why do I feel like this situation has already happened?" Penelope whispered next to me after staring at someone. 

"Dad, I don't have my baseball bat."

Roman, what are you talking about? 

My family and I were shocked to see another shocking event. 

"That's right, I told Sean I was going to the shop today... That bastard, he betrayed me."

I gritted my teeth.

My vision clearly caught a BMW car. But that was not the focus of my vision, I was looking at the man inside the BMW. 

The man has black hair and blue eyes, just like Sean and me. 

But he was wearing glasses and he has a thick moustache and beard.

If I have a stubble, then this man has a bearded face. 

"Dajjy, he looks just like you, an older version." Sophia was surprised.

"Sweetheart... Let's go say hello to your uncle." I said to my daughter. 

I didn't expect to meet my eldest brother right before my first visit to the shop. 

Jeremy Castillo adjusted his glasses after seeing us. He didn't change his expression, he just stared at us. 

"Brother..."

"..."

What was I expecting? Jeremy kept his mouth shut most of the time. 

I felt awkward and didn't know what to say. Especially when Jeremy doesn't talk much. 

Seriously, why does my family have these genes of being quiet in every generation? 

Is one of my ancestors mute or something? 

11