RDD 77
270 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RDD 77

Rent in Manila is very expensive. It's lucky that we met Mrs. De Guzman. She gave us a home.

Her apartment may be old, but it was our home for almost six years. That's where Roman and Sophia were born...

I'm not actually lying. I begged my wife to go to the hospital, but she said she could give birth at home. So we called a midwife and Penelope gave birth to Roman in the house. That also happened to Sophia. 

I can say that the children grew up healthy. But I don't know if giving birth in the house has anything to do with it. 

Penelope said that her mother gave birth to all her siblings in the house. Corazon, my mother-in-law, said that hospital is expensive. She said that the doctors don't care about the patient's health. It's all about the money...

Corazon got a point. 

There's a reason a lot of people want to be doctors. Not because they want to save lives. Instead, they want to make money. Doctors make a lot of money. 

Anyway, I'm getting off the subject. All I can say is that the rent is expensive. 

So I recommend Santiago to use the shop as his home instead.

I know I might be a hypocrite... But even my wife told me to let Santiago sleep in the shop instead. 

Penelope said that Santiago is already an adult and he should experience how hard it is to live in society. 

She already knew that Santiago wanted to go to college. She didn't have a problem with her brother leaving the province. She believes that men should be tough and strong for their families. 

"So here I am, waiting for Santiago to come." I said to myself. 

Santiago didn't have a cell phone to call me. So the best I can do is wait for him to arrive at the bus terminal without knowing the exact time he will show up. 

To be honest, I've been here for almost three hours and I still haven't seen him...

It has already been four weeks since the shop was renovated and we can start the business. I'm just letting the air circulate so the shop will smell nice. 

Our first month in the new house has been amazing. Penelope has already bought seeds for the garden. As for the kids, they are already adjusting to their new home. 

One of our neighbors also have a child. Roman and Sophia have been interacting with her and they have become friends. 

... I still don't know the name of their friend because I'm busy these days. I made sure that the renovation went well. 

I bought the appliances that were missing in the store. I also bought a week worth of food for us. I also took my children to the marketplace for them to have some fun. 

I'm very busy, but I make sure that I spend some time with my family. 

I also continue my daily mission. Because of my healthy body and Energy Pill, I don't get tired much... I have enough stamina for the whole night. My wife is getting so affectionate, and I'm not complaining, I'm actually happy. 

"Hm."

My thoughts were disturbed when I noticed a bus entering the terminal. I watched every passenger getting off the bus until I saw my youngest brother-in-law. 

"Santiago!" I shouted.

"Brother-in-law!"

Santiago smiled when he saw me. He looked around, he felt strange looking at the surroundings. 

"Brother-in-law, the capital is amazing! I know Manila has so many big buildings, but I can't believe they are so BIG! I feel like an ant in front of those buildings."

I just laughed. 

There are many differences between the province and Manila. 

They also have pros and cons. 

Cavite is milder than Manila. It's close to the capital, but there's no air pollution. Although two decades from now, Cavite would also suffer the same situation. 

"Let's go, your sister is waiting for you."

"Yes!"

We left the terminal and reached the parking lot. 

"Brother-in-law... This is?"

"Yes, this is my car."

"You bought a car? Can 100 thousand pesos buy a car?"

He looked at me with a dropped jaw. He was so shocked. 

"No, this is an old car that my brother gave me."

"I-I see."

He didn't know what to say, so he just got into the car awkwardly. He sat carefully on the seat. 

"Close the door." I said.

"Yes!" 

He closed the door carefully...

"Close the door firmly and strong so it doesn't open while we're on the road."

"Okay... Um, brother-in-law, how do you open the door?"

"..."

It seemed that this was the first time Santiago used a car. 

I instructed him and he closed the door right this time. 

The atmosphere was a bit awkward because Santiago kept looking around.

"You'll get used to Cavite. Take your time to get to know the city."

"I will."

He nodded, quite excited.

When we reached the house, I found my children playing with a girl who was about 4 years old. 

"Pwetty sister! You're so cwool!"

Sophia told the little girl. 

To be honest, I still don't know the girl's name because Sophia calls her "Pwetty Sister".

"Hehe, don't worry Sophia. When you grow up, I will teach you how to fold paper and make paper boats!" The little girl said enthusiastically. 

"Yay!"

"We're here."

I announced, entering the house. 

"Dajjy!"

When Sophia heard me, she wobbled and hugged my knee again. I chuckled and carried her. 

"Say hi to your uncle."

"Hello Uncle Santiago!"

"Wow, Sophia remembers me!"

"Hehe."

Sophia giggled and mano'd us both. Mano is a way to show respect to your elders. It's a culture that slowly died when the new century came.

"Hello sir..." 

The little girl greeted us as well.

"Hello." I replied. 

Sorry kid, I still don't know your name.

"Uncle."

Roman appeared and greeted Santiago as well. 

Then Roman looked at the four year old girl. The girl scoffed and walked away from Roman. 

... It was then that I realized that Roman had met his wife at such a young age. Although I only realized this when they started dating. 

Huh? That's called a spoiler? Nah, it doesn't matter. After all, this part of the story might not get written... 

6