Chapter 4: Martial Artist
110 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Cain faced the gangster, he could see that the man was much more skilled than he initially thought. The gangster had a muscular build and moved with the grace and agility of a trained martial artist. Cain knew he needed to use more of his strength and use one of the cards to take down this formidable opponent.

As the gangster charged forward with a flurry of punches and kicks, Cain ducked and weaved, using the vehicles in the parking lot as cover. He noticed that the gangster was using his speed to his advantage, but he also saw a weakness in his defense. The man seemed to leave himself open after each attack, giving Cain a small window of opportunity to strike.

As the fight continued, he approached the pillar where he have planned one of his backups. He saw a glint of metal out of the corner of his eye. The man again started to change his fighting style for his next group of attacks, which he seems to favor and Cain took the small opportunity. He grabbed the metal rod which he have left there earlier, feeling its familiar weight and heft, and raised it high.

With lightning-fast reflexes, he swung the rod with all his might, connecting with the side of the gangster's head in one fluid movement. The gangster stumbled, dazed and disoriented.
Cain was already on him, grabbing the man's arm and twisting it behind his back. Before the gangster let out a roar of pain and rage, Cain held on his mouth tightly with the other hand, using his strength and skill to keep the man subdued.

For a few tense moments, the two men struggled, each trying to gain the upper hand. Cain could feel his heart pounding in his chest, his adrenaline surging through his veins. He knew that he had to end this quickly before anyone else could intervene.

With a final twist, Cain subdued the gangster, causing him to cry out in agony and quickly lose consciousness. Cain breathed a sigh of relief as he looked around, the noise during the fight was a little loud than he would have liked but it seem no one else had heard or seen what had just happened.

The gangsters with martial arts training were tough opponents, possessing impressive strength and reflexes. However, Cain could see that they lacked any magical skills after fighting 2 of them. He used the knowledge gained from fighting each opponent to his advantage. With his speed and agility, Cain dodged their attacks and then delivered his own powerful blows with deadly accuracy.

Ducking and weaving, Cain moved with lightning-fast reflexes, always a step ahead of his opponents. He observed their movements, learning their patterns and weaknesses with each passing moment. He used his own unique fighting style, blending various techniques and maneuvers that he had mastered over the years.

If not for his perfect body, he would not have been able to match them hand-to-hand. Even though he was forced to use half of his young body strength most of the time with the occasional bursts of peak power, he was able to hold his own against his opponents. The body he was born with, and the one he was currently reincarnated in, was as perfect as the Creator had made Humans. He had inherited his father's strength and resilience, and as the first son of Adam and Humanity, he had been blessed with a body that was capable of withstanding far more than humanly possible.

Despite the challenges that he had faced in his first lifetime, his body had never faltered. He had been a warrior, a leader, a king, and a total bastard too in his initial days and in each of these roles, his body had served him well. In his prime, his muscles were strong and toned, and his bones were unbreakable. He had the stamina of a horse and the agility of a tiger, and his senses were sharp and keen.

Other gangsters had guns, but he was undeterred. They have to use their weapons to gain any advantage but he didn’t give them any chance to retaliate with the guns. He used the cars and pillars as cover, darting in and out of shadows and taking advantage of any obstacles he could find. He disarmed one gangster with a well-placed kick, knocking the gun out of his hand and sending it skittering across the pavement.

Cain's movements were fluid and graceful, his body moving with the precision and skill of a master. He took down each gangster one by one, his training and expertise allowing him to anticipate their moves and strike back with deadly force.

As he incapacitated the sixth gangster, Cain noticed a change in the leader's demeanor. The man seemed to sense that something was amiss, his eyes scanning the area with growing suspicion. Cain didn't let up, taking down the seventh gangster with a swift kick to the chest.
As Cain's foot connected with the gangster's chest, the man went hurtling through the air, landing with a resounding thud in a well-lit section of the parking lot. The sound of the impact seemed to echo through the area, drawing the attention of Tony, who was overcome with rage. Without a second thought, he charged toward the fallen gangster, with the last remaining member of the gang quickly following suit. They formed a tight circle around the injured man, leaving no room for Cain to intervene.

Meanwhile, the man sitting in the jeep observed the commotion from his higher viewpoint. He scanned the parking lot, searching for any signs of danger or potential threats.
Cain's mind raced as he assessed the situation. He knew he had to act quickly and strategically if he wanted to keep the upper hand. He stayed out of their line of sight, hiding as he planned his next move. He couldn't afford to let the leader get comfortable and take control of the situation. With a focused mind, Cain began to formulate a plan, thinking several steps ahead to anticipate the gangsters' moves. Cain was determined to outsmart the gangsters and keep them on their toes.

He watched as the seventh gangster groaned and writhed in pain as he lay on the ground, his chest heaving with each breath.

"Who did this to you? Who's responsible?" Tony barked.

The gangster struggled to speak, his words slurred and garbled. "It was...it was...some guy...he came out of nowhere...took me by surprise..."

Cain smirked to himself, he watched from the shadows as the conversation unfolded. The fear in the gangster's voice was palpable, and he could sense the anger radiating from Tony.

As Tony looked around, he noticed that only a single gangster had come over. "Come on, bastards!" Tony yelled, pounding his fist on his other hand. "What's taking all of you so damn long?"

But no one else came forward. The last remaining gangster hesitated for a moment before speaking. "Boss, it seems all the others have been attacked."

Tony's rage boiled over, his face contorted with anger. "What do you mean attacked? We had six extra men here just a few minutes ago. Who could have attacked all of them and disappeared?"

Cain took advantage of the gangsters' distracted state to quickly check the gun in his hand. It was clear that the gun have been modified. One of the gangsters had clearly tinkered with it to make it more deadly and efficient. Cain had already dismantled the gun and rearranged the parts, checking the ammunition and firing mechanism. He knew that it was always good practice to check its working and familiarize yourself with the gun you were going to use.

As Cain surveyed the scene before him, he knew that he had to act with precision and speed if he wanted to make the most of his advantage. He decided to leave the last gangster as a regular one, holding a gun, as he wasn't sure if the bullets would be enough to immobilize a martial artist with a single shot. Additionally, there was also the force field user who could shield himself from physical force. Cain needed to conserve his ammunition and make every bullet count.

 


Read up to 5 CHAPTERS ahead.

Check out my Patreon
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/sovrign

Check out my other Novel at ScribbleHub:
The Fallen Angel’s Chaotic Empire

Read up to 5 CHAPTERS ahead of both Novel at same tier.

7