HWI 197
204 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Shout out to Hugo B, Takatchi, Julian, Evan Otero G, Gabriel Le R, Mike, Tarabi Y, Shylar, and DeathShadow!]

Hollywood What If Chapter 197

F*ght Cl*b was one of David Fincher's masterpieces. It was a cult classic that remained relevant for the next three decades. People loved to watch the F*ght Cl*b

The movie was based on a novel and David got the movie rights because he loved it so much. He wanted to direct the movie because of course it had an amazing plot. 

They invited Brad Pitt to join the movie. David Fincher and Brad Pitt had a good relationship and this was their second time working together. 

This would not be their last time working together, a few years later Brad Pitt would also star in another David Fincher movie. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. 

Se7en, F*ght Cl*b, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. These three movies had interesting plots and David Fincher filmed all of them. He was good at his genre, the noir genre. 

After Kazir and Cameron entered the theater, the cast came out one by one. 

Kazir and Cameron were not the stars of this movie, they were just guests. 

Brad Pitt and Edward Norton appeared and did short interviews... Fortunately they were not high this time. 

At the Venice Film Festival four weeks ago, the first premiere of F*ght Cl*b took place. The movie was interesting, but the participants hated it. 

At this time, Hollywood movies were better than foreign movies. It may sound condescending, but it was the truth. The directors from different countries who participated in the film festival understood the importance of winning. First of all, the Venice Film Festival was in Europe, and European directors never liked Hollywood. 

The critics and the directors hated the film. This hatred was directed at the crew of F*ght Cl*b, and Brad Pitt and Edward Norton clearly felt it. 

The Venice Film Festival lasted ten days, so to cope with the situation, Brad Pitt and Edward Norton decided to smoke weed. Yes, they were high while the F*ght Cl*b had a premiere at the Venice Film Festival. 

Of course, F*ght Cl*b never won the Venice Film Festival. But the funny thing was that Eyes Wide Shut, directed by Stanley Kubrick, won the FilmCritica "Bastone Bianco" Award. It seemed that Hollywood movies were still doing well at European film festivals. 

So yes, Brad Pitt and Edward Norton were not high this time. At least it didn't seem that way. The film's premiere in the United States was peaceful. 

Kazir Grey talked to David Fincher and congratulated him even before the film was released. 

David was happy that Kazir was confident in his movie, it eased his nervousness a bit. 

Unlike David Fincher, Kazir Grey knew the outcome of the movie. Although F*ght Cl*b didn't do well at the box office because of its theme and plot, it did very well on videotape sales. 

Obviously, F*ght Cl*b was the kind of movie people preferred to watch at home, not in a movie theater. Shawshank Redemption was in that category. 

"Kazir, I'm glad to see you again." Brad Pitt was the one who approached Kazir this time. 

"You too, Brad."

Kazir Grey shook Brad Pitt's hand. The two were acquaintances, and they had had some interactions in the set of Se7en. 

Brad Pitt didn't expect Kazir Grey to become a successful director after Se7en. He thought Kazir would be a screenwriter at best. 

He thought Napoleon Dynamite would be a fluke and his next movies would flop.

But his expectations were not fulfilled. Instead of falling, Kazir Grey kept rising. 

The Hangover, Taken, John Wick and The Bourne Identity. These four movies did well at the box office. Taken had an impact on society and won Liam Neeson his Best Actor Award! 

For an actor like Brad Pitt, of course he wanted to get an Oscar statue. That was true for everybody who was part of this industry. 

They wanted to be recognized by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Science. Frankly, Brad Pitt was jealous. Not just him, a lot of actors have been jealous of Liam Neeson's success lately. Heck, Liam Neeson got a huge salary in Star Wars this year! The effect of the Oscar! 

Knowing that Kazir Grey had strong skills, Brad Pitt decided to deepen their friendship. 

'Even Morgan Freeman got a role in Kazir's so-called Cinematic Universe.'

Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman starred in Se7en. 

"Your movies are very good, Kazir. I saw The Bourne Identity and it gave me an adrenaline rush."

"Haha, thanks, Brad."

"See you around."

Brad Pitt didn't have to be so obvious. One thing was clear... He could audition for Kazir's next movie. Maybe he could get the role, why not? 

After talking to many people, Kazir returned to his seat. He looked around and saw Cameron Diaz talking to her friends. She also returned as the theater filled with people. 

The movie started and the audience focused on the big screen. 

.........

......

...

"This is very interesting." 

Kazir muttered as he looked at the newspaper. He realized that his existence was indeed changing the future. Now he wondered how many changes he would live to see. 

The front page of the newspaper was about the big movie release this week, which was F*ght Cl*b. 

The movie was distributed by 20th Century Fox, and the newspaper Kazir was reading was owned by News Corporation. 

The headline read, "Fight Club grosses $31 million after one week in theaters."

Kazir was skeptical, because according to what he remembered, F*ght Cl*b would only make $101 million at the worldwide box office. 

This meant that the first week of F*ght Cl*b should be lower, definitely not $31 million. But the reality was in front of him. 

The box office of F*ght Cl*b increased in this timeline. 

"Based on its first week, Fight Club could gross over $100 million in North America alone. If that happens, then the overseas box office will also be around $100 million."

+++++

[Author's Note: There will be another chapter a few minutes later.] 

7