Chapter 3 : Combat Watch Mark S
329 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After signing into the smart watch, Reno clicked an app and closed his eyes. 

 

The watches that the school gives a student when they pass the entrance exam and finish signing up for their courses is called ‘Combat Watch Mark S’

 

The S in Mark S stands for student as students, teachers and people that have graduated have different versions of the smart watch’

 

The main purpose of the Mark S watch is to match what a student knows and what the school’s database knows, using this, students can clearly see their progress in different things they practice, whether that be combat, magic or life studies

 

‘Damn! This place is really futuristic huh, I’m dying to know what my combat evaluation is though’

 

As soon as Reno’s eyes were fully closed, a brown system panel appeared in his mind.

 

‘Luckily the watch runs on batteries and not vital core energy like some other tools do or else, I’d be screwed’

 

‘Still… I thought my combat evaluation would be subpar at best but this makes sense, with my vital core gone, I’m basically roadside trash.’

 

Name : [Reno Mochizuki]

 

Age    : 19

 

Courses : Swordplay, Rift Exploration, Survival 101, Energy Control [Year II, Semester I]

 

Gender : Male

 

Stats : [Strength : G+ ]

 

  [Speed : G ]

 

  [Defense : H ]

 

  [Vitality : G+ ]

 

  [Energy : N/A ]

 

Rank : G+

 

Skills  : Wendao’s Sword Art, Proficiency : [II] EXP : (28/1000) (Needs Energy to be activated)

   {This is a decent sword art made by the swordsman Wendao when he  was bored with nothing to do, When the user keeps hitting consecutive blows the damage and speed of the user increases by 5% up to 25% after every new consecutive blow} (Rarity : C [Average]) [Cooldown time : 5 minutes] 

 

     Cut [I] (28/100) (A very basic sword skill)

    {A vertical strike of any weapon that is able deal a small amount of damage on hit  {Calculated based on the user’s speed/strength and the skill’s proficiency level} (Rarity : F [Common]) [Cooldown time : 10 seconds]

 

    Focus [I] (0 hrs/ 2 hrs)

               {Able to maintain full concentration on any task for 1 hour, during the skill duration, comprehension is increased} [Cooldown time : 1 day] (Rarity : N/A)

 

Taking a while to scan through his combat evaluation list Reno was pretty disappointed, especially because the main sword art that the the Reno before him used was the ‘Wendao Sword Art’

 

He no longer had any energy so the sword art was essentially useless to him, other than that, the ‘Cut’ skill seemed to be common and not very good. Why it didn’t seem very good was basically self explanatory.

 

‘Screw this! If I ever get my hands on that Lena lady, I’m beating the shit out of her and that burly guy too!’

 

After thinking this, Reno opened his eyes and signed out of the hospital room on his watch.

 

Then he started to walk to the door of the room.

 

As soon as he came out the door, Reno heard a loud voice beside him. 

 

“Good to see that you’re okay and good to go now, glad to know that I, a member of the Academy’s student council could be of help”

 

Looking to the right, Reno saw a small and short girl with blue hair and red eyes.

 

“Yes, thank you for helping me out when I was out cold, uhm….”

 

Puffing out her flat chest, the girl with blue hair spoke in a loud voice. “ Rosa, the name’s Rosa Lina, no need to thank me for the help, it’s what the council does” 

 

“Also, I hope you don’t mind me asking, what were you doing passed out at a training arena”

 

Reno already told the healer so he didn’t have any reason to keep quiet. “I basically got bullied by some students for ignoring them, also you don’t need to tell me, I know it’s a dumb reason”

 

Rosa’s face then showed a hint of sympathy. “Sorry to hear that, I’ll make sure the student council sorts them out when we get the chance, do you also know their names?”

 

“One of them was a girl named Lena and she has green hair, the guy that did the actual damage is burly and muscular but I don’t know his actual name, hope that helps, sorry I can’t help you anymore than that”

 

With a notebook that appeared out of seemingly nowhere, Rosa took down the information that Reno had given her.

 

“Don’t worry, even a little bit like this helps. I’ll be leaving now, staying here for so long is already gonna make the student council prez upset at me, I’ll make sure to report what happened and deal with it as soon as I can, bye bye! “

 

When Rosa finished talking, she started running to the left where the student dorms were located and then soon left Reno’s sight.

 

After making sure that Rosa was fully gone, Reno started walking in the same direction. The reason as to why Reno didn’t try going with her is that he felt it would be troublesome.

 

Rosa Lina. A student in the same year as him that got on the student council not with connections like most do but with merit.

 

The original Reno didn’t particularly have many friends to tell him the gossip and such, Reno didn’t know much else about Rosa Lina, other than her being a straightforward person who has the strength to back it up her promises.

 

After walking for what seemed like ages due to how big the damn school was. The school dorms alone seemed to be around the size of a town. Reno reached his large and cozy room.

 

Reno then scanned his Mark S watch and did some retina scan and password to enter his room.

 

Reno’s room was pretty large as it had a balcony, 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 3 kitchens and a movie theatre room and even more. Thinking back to the past, when Reno got the acceptance letter for Aligning University/Academy, his parents were ecstatic and paid for him to get a huge dorm room for himself.

 

With Reno’s mom even slipping some, ahem, adult stuff into some of his drawers and other hidden places that he had to clean up due to the embarrassment.

 

Thinking back to his family, even though they weren’t exactly his, due to Reno’s memories, they still felt close to him.

 

After taking a shower, eating a light meal and then checking the room to see if everything was how the previous Reno left it, Reno just plopped down onto his king size bed and stared at the ceiling.

 

“What’s the game plan from here on out?"

14