Chapter 5 – A Sudden Move In!?
304 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon hearing his doorbell ring, Reno waited to see if it was something unimportant such as a student trying to sell him something or someone handing out fliers for a club or something.

 

After around 30 seconds or so, the doorbell rang again and again, it seemed like the person outside really needed to see him.

 

‘Let’s just see who it is and what they want’ 

 

He then took up a towel from a rack to the right of the training room and then wiped off most of the sweat on his body, 

 

Reno walked to the door and checked on the screen beside the door to see who was the one that was ringing his doorbell.

 

‘Who are these people, they don’t look like someone that would be visiting me and the original Reno didn’t seem to know them’

 

On the screen in front of Reno, there was a middle aged man that had tan skin with brown hair and black eyes. The most notable thing about him though was that there was a big scar from his eye to his neck.

 

The man honestly looked a bit frightening. A large contrast from this man however, was a small and petite girl with dark blue hair who seemed to be nervous and kept looking around as if someone was out to get her.

 

‘They look like trouble waiting to happen, let’s find out why they’re here first’

 

Turning on his door front mic, Reno started to speak to the two odd people outside his door.

 

“Uhmm, how can I help you people, If you’re selling something, I’m not buying”

 

Hearing this, the man with a scar on his face seemed to get upset. “I’m sorry for bothering you but are you Reno Mochizuki by any chance?”

 

Reno was surprised. ‘This guy knows my name? Does he need something from me specifically?’

 

Seeing that the man was waiting for an answer, Reno spoke again. “Yes, that would be me, may I know why you people are here?”

 

“Oh yes, let me be brief. For this new semester, due to the student behind me moving in on short notice and the lack of rooms being available, we’re going around and asking if someone would be willing to share a room with the girl behind me”

 

When the middle aged man finished saying this, he bowed his head. “We’ve already asked those in the more luxurious rooms to help her but all of them have refused, I would be grateful if you could let her stay with you until we find a vacant place for her to stay”

 

Originally Reno wanted to refuse but seeing the man even bowing just to help the girl actually made him consider it.

 

‘I don’t have much secrets hiding and I have around 5 rooms either way, I don’t mind giving one out but this depends on the personality of the girl, if it’s some annoying classist then I’d rather sleep in the bushes than have to deal with her everyday’

 

Reno was honestly a selfish person, but when he could do some good, he would. Even though the good that he did most times would cause him problems later down the line.

 

Reno made up his mind on what he was going to do and then started speaking back to the man.

 

“I’m not sure if the girl and I will end up getting along so how about we do a trial period of around a month. If everything ends up being fine then she can stay with me until you find a vacant room, how does that sound?”

 

The middle aged man stood up straight again with a faint smile on his face “That sounds good to me”

 

Reno was curious about something else though, wasn’t this man worried about me doing something devious to this girl.

 

“Are you fine with leaving the girl alone with some random guy though, what if I tried something funny”

 

Hearing this comment, the middle aged man that was originally serious with a hint of worry began to laugh out loud. “Hahahahaha” 

 

He even began tearing up a bit. 

 

Reno looked at the middle aged man through the screen with a deadpan stare. 

 

‘I know I might be funny bro, but I don’t think what I said a while ago was that funny’

 

Some more seconds passed and then the guy with a scar finally finished laughing and wiped the tears from his eyes. 

 

“If you’re the Reno Mochizuki like the file I read said then I’m not worried, I’d be impressed and even vouch for you to skip a semester if you were even able to harm this girl.”

 

Hearing this, the girl dragged on the guy’s shirt sleeves as if telling him to stop talking.

 

Reno was originally angry but then that anger turned into curiosity.

 

‘He’d even vouch for me to skip a semester huh’

 

 Skipping a semester isn’t something any person could just up and do. Semester skips were only even considered for those who were called talented students. 

 

Unlike a year skip that needed the approval of five recognized teachers, skipping a semester just needed two recognized teachers to vouch for you and you could get one.

 

‘I’m not sure if this guy is joking or not but I’ll make sure to be wary of this girl, just in case’

 

After composing himself, the guy with a scar introduced himself and told Reno how the moving in process would go. 

 

“Sorry for taking so long to introduce myself, student Reno. My name is Kian Reed, I’m the assistant teacher for the health and wellness classes ”

 

“The name of the student behind me is Cassia Arwen. She’s pretty shy but trust me when I say she’s not a bad girl, I hope that you two can get along well”

 

The girl then put on a slight smile and waved at Reno.

 

“Let Cassia stay with you for now and get a feel for where everything is if you don’t mind, I’ll get some workers to carry over her luggage and anything else she might need. I’m pretty sure you two have some courses in common.”

 

“I need to get back to the staff room and fill out the paperwork needed for right now and start looking for a vacant place for her”

 

Kian then waved goodbye and started walking away. Reno then did the necessary security measures and opened the door to let Cassia in.

 

‘When Kian fills out the necessary documents, then Cassia should be able to come and go from the dorm room as she pleases.”

 

“Nice to meet you Cassia, you might already know me since that professor also did, I’m Reno Mochizuki, aspiring swordsman and soon to be B+ combatant, how about you?”

 

Seeing Reno’s confident gaze, Cassia couldn’t look at him head on and instead stared at the ground. 

 

“Uhm, I-I’m Cassia, I think I am at least, no I mean I am Cassia. I’m trying to follow my idol and become a Psychic Weaponist. I think we have met nicely, No!? I mean, it’s nice to meet you!”

 

Reno sighed internally. ‘She seems a bit tense, doesn’t seem like a bad person though, hopefully she loosens up eventually’

 

He did his best to continue the conversation at the least. “ A Psychic Weaponist huh, I think I’ve some videos of a few of them. They are the ones who use energy to control weapons and fight with them, is that right?”

 

Cassia started nodding her head swiftly. “That’s right, I think they’re pretty cool but safe at the same time, it’s my dream role if anything”

 

Reno nodded to what Cassia said. “Sounds good to me, always good to be young and have dreams”

 

Reno continued nodding his head while Cassia looked at him a bit strangely, as if saying "Aren't you the same age as me?”

 

After a bit more conversation, Cassia asked Reno something that she was a bit reluctant to at first.

 

“Is it true that you’re from a Rank 4 Rift?”

13