Chapter 40 : The Arrival Of The Other Club Members
117 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Trista then made Koa wake up Reno.
 
Under the supervision of a furious Trista, the two of them bowed as deeply as they could and apologized to Reno.
 
Reno was not in the mood to accept apologies from two people who were out to turn him in for a bounty so he scoffed at the two.
 
The two knew they were in the wrong so they didn’t press any further.
 
Reno then asked the twins a question.
 
“Tell us about your club members, I saw that you called for backup while I was observing you two.”
 
Upon hearing this, Trista turned her head to face the two.
 
“Why didn’t you two fuckers tell me that you called for help.”
 
Koa then bowed her head. “Sorry, I was so scared that it slipped my mind.”
 
“I’ll tell you everything, so no fighting please.”
 
Kori stayed silent.
 
Koa then began to give the rundown of her club-mates.
 
She didn’t know an awful lot as the club was more of an unofficial group if anything.
 
“We didn’t exchange names and numbered ourselves by strength.”
 
“Kori and I both had the number of 2 as both of us are at E+ rank and the second strongest in the group.”
 
“There are 5 of us in total. Number 1 is a swordsman who uses a rapier, he’s around the level of D- rank. Number 3 is a brawler at E rank and Number 4 is a psychic at the level of E- rank.”
 
“We originally had more applicants but we capped the power needed at the E- rank level.”
 
Reno was flabbergasted. ‘If it was me some days ago then I would have gotten captured or killed by the first blow of any of those members’
 
He was also glad that number 1 didn’t join Kori and Koa.
 
‘If it was number one then I definitely would have been captured.’
 
He was also curious about something that was bugging him.
 
“If all that you’re saying is true then why not get the whole club to come after me.”
 
“Even if you guys had sent the weakest member of the club."
 
"I would have understood that more as you thought my strength was garbage.”
 
"I don’t think it makes any sense to send the second strongest after me.”
 
Hearing Reno’s question, the twins looked at each other for a brief moment before turning away.
 
Reno was confused. ‘Is something going on here?’
 
Koa then continued. “Honestly, it was because we thought you were so weak that it became like this.”
 
“We all played rock paper scissors to figure out who would capture you and claim the most credit.”
 
Reno’s heart sank. ‘No matter how weak I am, I deserve more respect than a damn game of rock paper scissors you know!’
 
Trista was going to ask something but Reno heard something in the background.
 
Turning around, he saw a frail guy who was going to sneak attack Trista with a rapier.
 
‘He must be the leader of the club. Oh boy, here we go.’
 
Reno lunged behind Trista where the guy was trying to attack.
 
[Parry]
 
The sound of the rapier and his sword colliding reverberated throughout the dorm room.
 
Even though the rapier was focused more on killing targets.
 
The strength behind the guy’s sneak attack was still a lot more than Reno had.
 
Taking on the blow launched him into the sky and into the hole that Trista had made by slapping Kori.
 
Seeing that his sneak attack had failed.
 
The guy wanted to gain some distance so he could reanalyze the situation.
 
He knew that he was facing Trista Ace but with the reward of meeting an original family on the line.
 
He was ready to bring his 'A game'.
 
Even if it meant that he would end up in the hospital.
 
He decided that he didn’t have much to lose either way as Trista Ace was known for not killing people.
 
[Margot’s Enchanting Technique: Ocean Cruise]
 
When he activated his enchanting skill.
 
The ground under him, Kori, and Trista turned into water.
 
‘Match set! Ocean Cruise speeds me up by giving me water under where I am while also giving me full control of that water.’
 
‘It also lets me choose other targets to increase or decrease their speed.
 
Even though I can only do this for three people now.
 
Even Trista Ace should not be able to manage a full onslaught from me and Kori.’
 
He then called out to Kori.
 
“Number 2 macer you come and help me out. I’ve increased the low speed that comes with you using heavy weapons.”
 
“Number two mage can help us from the back, we can do this. Come on!”
 
Trista started stretching. She then looked over at Kori, waiting for her answer.
 
Seeing Trista’s gaze, Kori dropped her Mace and hid behind Koa.
 
“I-I’m alright, I d-don’t th-think I need the b-bounty anymore.”
 
Koa then chimed in. “We’ll be withdrawing from the club. We can deal with breaking the [pact] some other time"
 
Hearing this, the guy was dumbfounded. ‘What!? Why are they acting like this.’
 
‘They were usually always the ones to jump at any opportunity involving this bounty
 
Trista smiled slightly. “Good, you girls aren’t brain dead."
 
"Both of you check up on Reno and make sure he’s alright. He tanked that blow for me after all.”
 
They both nodded and then left to see if Reno was alright.
 
Seeing this, the guy realized that Kori and Koa were traitors.
 
He withdrew his technique on Kori which caused under her feet to go back to normal.
 
“Number 3, you come to help me stall Trista."
 
"Number 4, you find a way to injure her or blast her away so we can try getting the guy.”
 
Two guys appeared behind Number 1 and nodded.
 
The ground under number three then changed into water, increasing his speed.
 
Number one then smiled. “Let’s do this."
 
"I can’t wait to defeat Trista Ace!”
 
Kori and Koa went to where Reno had fallen.
 
Some blood was running from the side of his mouth, but he seemed to be fine enough.
 
Koa and Kori then went to each of his sides, propped him up, and carried him back into the training room.
 
Upon returning, the sight that they saw dumbfounded them.
 
One had to know that not even a full minute had passed since they had gone for Reno.
 
Trista was sitting on Number One’s back while Number 4 was passed out on the ground with his face mangled.
 
Number 3 was stuck in the roof of the training room.
 
Seeing Reno’s state, Trista rushed over to administer him a health potion.
 
Kori and Koa were still observing the aftermath of Trista’s rampage while Number One was questioning his life choices.
 
‘What in the flying fuck was that!? We didn’t even last a minute. I should have surrendered like number 2. We stood no chance.’
 
He then thought back to the fight.
 
6