Chapter 43 : Grania’s Life Before Reno, Happy Strength
133 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
After Reno, Kori and Koa finished all their laps.
 
They went to where Trista, Grania, and Cassia were at.
 
Upon seeing Grania and Cassia.
 
Reno greeted them, attempting to avoid talking about the matters of the day.
 
From the expression on their faces, however, it was clear that Trista had already told them the events of the day.
 
Cassia was lightly crying while Grania's face looked as if she had eaten shit.
 
Reno was doing his best to reassure the two that it was not their fault but that wasn’t helping the situation.
 
Shaking her head, Grania’s expression changed to a more cheerful one.
 
She then put her shoulder over Cassia and Reno.
 
“Calm down Cassia, Reno’s alright and everything.”
 
“No one asked you to protect him after all so you shouldn’t hold yourself accountable for this.”
 
Reno nodded to what Grania was saying.
 
Hearing this, Cassia wiped some of her tears.
 
“But… But…”
 
Grania ruffled Cassia’s head.
 
“But nothing, he’s alright now and that’s all that matters.”
 
Cassia nodded and tried to wipe off her face with her hands.
 
Seeing this, Reno reached into Grania’s pockets, took out a handkerchief, and then handed it to Cassia.
 
“Hey! Who permitted you to go in my pockets!”
 
Reno shook his head. “No one, I just did.”
 
“The imaginary members of your harem can’t use the handkerchief.”
 
I might as well give it to Cassia who needs it right now.”
 
Grania was about to chew out Reno before Reno took a good look at the handkerchief and realized something.
 
“Wait! Is that not one of my handkerchiefs, I know because I always use the same design.”
 
Hearing this, Grania started to dash to the exit of the training room.
 
“It’s borrowing Reno! If you can’t share with your best friend then who else can you share with!”
 
Reno was about to run after her but Trista stopped him.
 
“You’re training isn’t finished yet Reno.”
 
“Also, Grania needs some time by herself.”
 
Reno was confused by what Trista meant but didn’t have any time to question it as he was dragged away to the weights.
 
The twins and Cassia followed after them.
 
Grania didn’t leave the training room and had gone into the girl’s changing room.
 
“Reno… I can’t believe I almost got you killed.”
 
Grania had wanted to get Cassia adjusted to Aligning Academy. She didn’t expect bounty hunters to attack because she and Cassia were out.
 
After thinking about it for a while though, she realized that she was being dumb.
 
‘I know it's a coincidence the fact remains that Reno almost died due to me.’
 
Reno didn’t know it but he was considered Grania’s most important person, not due to something like being in love or the sort.
 
He was simply what was required for her to be the best version of herself.
 
Grania has always been a tomboyish girl, for as long as she was able to remember.
 
Back in the earliest days of her youth, she loved to catch bugs, play in the dirt, Fart all over the place, and more.
 
Her caretakers and parents, however, didn’t like this sort of attitude.
 
She would always be nagged with the same things, again and again.
 
“Grania! As someone from the Hattie bloodline, those things are not allowed.”
 
“Grania! Hide your emotions, don’t let anyone ever know how you feel, especially your husband.”
 
“Grania! If you ever do that again, you’ll be moved down on the marriage priority list! Do you not want a husband whose looks are decent and is wealthy!”
 
“Grania! Grania! Grania!”
 
She was tired of it all.
 
If she didn’t comply.
 
She was always threatened with stories of how her parents would leave her.
 
About how she would be discarded. Things that no kid would ever want to hear.
 
Due to these things, she learned to lock away herself.
 
She learned to laugh to the stalest of jokes, to never be her true self, and to always be perfect.
 
Her family was the Hatties after all.
 
The family that has the best women to get talented heirs from.
 
The family that has the most obedient and beautiful wives.
 
After going through a life that she always regarded as fake.
 
She eventually reached Aligning Academy.
 
On her first day at the academy, she tried to find the orientation hall by herself and got lost.
 
She kept going around the place while getting more and more lost.
 
She felt like she wanted to tear out some of her hair due to this.
 
After turning right two more times.
 
She bumped into someone and fell, dragging his pants down while falling.
 
When she looked at what was in front of her, she could only think one thing.
 
“Fuck! That schlong is monstrous!”
 
The person in question dragged his pants back up while turning tomato red at the same time.
 
“The hell! You draw down someone’s pants and that’s the first thing you say!”
 
Grania covered her mouth in shock. ‘Fuck! Did I say it out loud?’
 
The person in question had black hair and blue eyes.
 
Grania got up, cleared her throat, and ran in the opposite direction.
 
The person ran after her.
 
He caught up and stopped Grania by touching her shoulders.
 
‘Fuck! This guy is so persistent.’
 
‘Wait! I have an idea’
 
She then let out the loudest most erotic moan she could muster.
 
The moan echoed throughout the hallways of the school.
 
‘Checkmate, if someone doesn’t come then when he lets go of me then I’m hightailing it.’
 
The two waited some seconds.
 
No one came and Reno didn’t let go of Grania’s shoulders.
 
‘Oh yeah! It’s orientation today, Looks like I’m fucked huh?’
 
She then turned around to Reno.
 
He was as red as a tomato and seemed like he was getting redder by the minute.
 
Reno then muttered something.
 
“You, better not tell anyone what you saw.”
 
Grania didn’t hear what Reno said.
 
“You better not tell anyone what you saw! Alright?”
 
Grania nodded.
 
“I won’t tell anyone, I promise on my dad’s friend’s son’s kidneys!”
 
Reno was baffled. ‘You don’t have to go that far into your family tree for a promise you know?'
 
'Wait that wouldn’t even be your damn family tree!’
 
She then cast a side eye at Reno.
 
“If you’re packing heat like that though, why not tell the world? Bigger is better to most."
 
"I like all sizes but I know most like them bigger.”
 
Reno flicked Grania on her head.
 
“Don’t say anymore or else I’ll smack you until you forget everything!”
 
Grania grinned.
 
“Trust me, I won’t. To a done deal, may I ask your name?”
 
Reno scratched the back of his head before nodding.
 
“Sure. I’m Reno Mochizuki! I’m doing my best here to become a B+ rank combatant.”
 
“You?”
 
Grania shook Reno’s hand. “Grania Hattie! Pleased to meet you”
 
“To this new friendship, I’ll do you a rock-solid favor”
 
She then dashed off and started yelling down the hallways.
 
“Reno’s D is Big! It’s Huge! It’s Enormous!”
 
Hearing all this, Reno ran after Grania and tried to catch her like before.
 
This time, however, she evaded all his attempts to catch her.
 
‘Hahaha! I can’t remember the last time I was this happy! Looks like even my happy strength is back'
 
Back when Grania was a kid.
 
She remembered her parents always calling her much stronger than those her age.
 
She did admit she was a bit stronger than those her age but only under certain conditions.
 
Grania didn’t know why but as far back as she could remember, whenever she got really happy.
 
She would get a bit stronger.
 
She even tried telling her parents who had it checked out but they got nothing notable for it.
 
At the end of the day, they regarded it as the fantasies of a child.
 
Grania knew what she felt and chose to call it ‘Happy Strength’
 
Her 'Happy strength' had rarely been activated though as she was more depressed than she was happy.
 
It was only after around 30 more minutes that Reno was tired.
 
The two of them stopped fooling around.
 
Grania then carried Reno on her back while he started to point out where they should go.
 
Reno said that he knew the way but had taken a wrong turn before.
 
She had already given up on trying to find the orientation office so she was fine with Reno pointing the way.
 
On the way, she also told Reno to keep quiet about how she was acting.
 
She told him some details about her life and then there- persuaded him to keep quiet.
 
When they arrived at the orientation.
 
The supervising officer had scolded them for being late but then allowed them inside.
 
Recalling this memory made Grania smile.
 
She then resolved herself to make sure that nothing else happened to Reno.
 
‘I’ll need to increase my training load but if it’s for helping to protect Reno then it’s fine with me.’
 
She then exited the training room and ran off.
 
What she didn’t realize, was that there was someone that was watching the door of the training room.
6