Chapter 51 : Cassia Joins Survival 101, Flora’s Plan Begins
353 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
While on their way to Reno’s survival class, Koa kept checking for messages on her smartwatch.
 
“Koa, is something the matter?”
 
Koa shook her head and the two continued.
 
Some minutes later, they both reached Reno’s classroom.
 
Koa waved goodbye with Reno doing the same.
 
Teacher Nero wasn’t present in class, so he didn’t arrive early like usual.
 
Reno thought this was strange but still entered the classroom and took a seat like usual.
 
What he failed to notice, was that some people seemed to be observing him.
 
One of them in particular was watching Reno like a hawk.
 
Not daring to blink on the off chance that he misses something
 
‘I can’t believe that Flora said she would consider going out with me!’
 
‘Especially when all I have to do is watch some guy and tell her what he does.’
 
I wonder what it is that she likes about this guy so much though.’
 
‘I’d rather she send people to observe me, heh.’
 
Due to how obvious the guy was being.
 
Reno picked up on the fact he was being watched by people in the class.
 
He dismissed it as something to do with his bounty.
 
Right as class was about to start.
 
Nero entered the class with someone he was familiar with in tow.
 
Nero coughed in an attempt to quiet down the class.
 
When he realized that one wasn’t enough.
 
He did it a few more times until most of the class was silent.
 
He then turned to the person beside him.
 
It was a girl with dark blue hair and red eyes.
 
She wasn’t tall and her body was what most people would call petite.
 
“Class, from today onwards, this will be one of your new classmates.”
 
“Due to some of your classmates leaving to go back home, we have more space in our class now.”
 
“This lady will be the first but certainly not the last to join this class.”
 
“Say hello to your new classmate, Cassia Arwen.”
 
Hearing her full name be announced.
 
Cassia was a bit annoyed as she asked Nero not to announce her full name.
 
This was due to her fear of being targeted by either bad or annoying people.
 
She was fine with Kian telling Reno her name.
 
Due to the fact, she had read his entire profile before and knew that the chance of him knowing about her was slim.
 
Hearing the name of the girl that was announced.
 
A good part of the class erupted into noise.
 
“I can’t believe it, am I dreaming!?”
 
“I’ve lived a good life now, this meeting must have used my luck along with the luck of my future generations!”
 
Some people were confused as to why others were hysterical though.
 
“Eh? What’s up with you guys?”
 
“Students with little talent and wealth are not expected to know who the lady in front of you is.”
 
“Let me enlighten you! She is Cassia Arwen, the adopted daughter of Damon Arwen!”
 
When the rest of the class heard this, the room was only noisy.
 
One had to know that Damon Arwen was no normal man.
 
His titles and achievements even when simplified to abbreviations could fill an entire page.
 
Along with him being the creator of his own arts and techniques.
 
He was also an all-around dumb yet loveable guy.
 
It was factors like this that made most classify him as a celebrity.
 
To put it lightly, He was him!
 
Cassia was overwhelmed by the noise and started to wobble.
 
‘Not good, I’m not fond of big crowds or loud places.’
 
She felt like throwing up.
 
It wasn’t until she had left her uncle’s estate and place that she found out how famous he was.
 
Due to it also being a recent thing.
 
News still had yet to reach the less wealthy and privileged people.
 
Knowing how Cassia was, Reno stomped his foot on the ground with as force as he could muster.
 
This ended up cracking part of the ground while also stopping some of the classroom’s excitement.
 
“Instead of you guys being so noisy, let the damn girl introduce herself!”
 
“So selfish.”
 
Cassia smiled.
 
She was glad that Reno came to her defense but also annoyed at herself for getting flustered over something so small.
 
“Uhm, I-I’m Cass-Cassia Arwen! Nice to meet you all!”
 
She felt like she was dying inside but quickly ran to the seat that was right beside Reno at the front of the class.
 
Her face was red and her nose was running a bit due to how overwhelmed she was.
 
She pressed her face against one of Reno’s arms to block herself from the outside situation and calm herself down.
 
Everyone saw this and began to stare daggers at Reno.
 
Reno himself did not care much.
 
‘Trista must be rubbing off on me it seems. I usually wouldn’t end up getting so heated.’
 
Reno could feel that Cassia was shaking so she started to pat her head.
 
This caused her to shake a little bit less.
 
‘If it wasn’t to try protecting Reno then I wouldn’t have even tried coming to this class!’
 
Cassia couldn’t exactly be considered a normal student.
 
Due to some arrangements her uncle had made.
 
Her attending full-blown classes were optional.
 
That’s why Reno usually came back from class or training seeing her studying.
 
Due to the incident about the bounty hunter group that Koa and Kori were in.
 
She resolved to do her best to protect Reno as best as possible.
 
This led to her taking over the only venerability that the others had told her about.
 
Reno’s third class of the day.
 
As Cassia had taken her seat, Ryan began teaching his survival theory lesson.
 
Due to the lesson being so boring, the wave of excitement that had washed over the entire class started to fade.
 
When the excitement had vanished it looked less conspicuous.
 
The people that had been observing Reno.
 
Used their smart watches to text the person about the big development they had seen.
 
Flora’s third class of the day was taming monsters.
 
She decided to skip class though and hang around with some upperclassmen she knew of.
 
When she saw what her hired eyes sent her, she almost had a heart attack.
 
'Ca-Cassia Arwen! What the actual fuck.'
 
A part of Flora wanted to find some way of getting involved with Reno now.
 
‘I was a fucking dumbass.’
 
‘If I find some way to wrap this guy around my finger then along with the Hatties, I might find some way to meet Damon Arwen!’
 
Flora was sure that under normal circumstances, she’d easily be able to manipulate Reno.
 
She had a major block in these plans though.
 
‘The Orchids! If Koa’s protecting him Kori’s helping out as well.’
 
Flora’s face grimaced.
 
The upperclassmen group of all girls that Flora was hanging out with saw this.
 
“Is something bothering you, Flora?”
 
Flora started to put on her best act and started to cry a bit.
 
“Y-Yes… I have someone who I love with all my heart but some girls have been threatening him to stay away from me.”
 
“I’m confident that he loves me back but even though he’s not particularly special in any way for them."
 
"They want to separate us.”
 
One of the upperclassmen gave Flora a handkerchief so she could blow her nose.
 
The group of 10 upperclassmen got furious hearing this.
 
“What kind of bitch would do something like that!”
 
“Yea! I can’t believe someone could be so vile and nasty.”
 
“Who are they, we’ll make sure to deal with them and get your man back.”
 
Flora was still weeping but on the inside, she was smiling like a maniac.
 
‘See you soon, my boyfriend~ Reno!’
4