Chapter 113 – New Power-up!
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What's your problem?" Hao finally broke focus from the interface and expanded his Vibe Sense to perceive his surroundings in more depth. He noticed Scar scraping his Scissor Cleaver on the ground as he came storming over. The action of it caused Hao's intuition to tingle. He smirked and thought that this was the perfect opportunity to test out his new powers. Thus, instead of deflating the situation, Hao drew his sword and slashed at Scar.

WHOOSH!

Vibe Edge escaped its sheathed and sliced through the air with a sweet signing melody that caused Scar to stumble on his buttocks in the process of evading. The slash attack left an after-image and a trail of sonic waves. Hao's swing was swift but lacked power due to the lack of a full swing.

"You stinking piece of shit! You asked for this!" As Scar was on the floor, he immediately sprang back up and lunged forward with Scissor Cleaver aimed at Hao. "I'm going to dice you up real up like a carrot and feed you to the damn Bastians as lunch!" Scar wasn't kidding around, he and Hao became entangled in a heated clash of blades.

Clang! Clang!

"Hey, stop this." Ciara wanted to put a stop between them but Mentos grabbed her and pulled her to the side.

"Don't get involved Ciara. Let them have it out. They're just fighting. Nothing to worry about." He hoped that his comment would ease Ciara's worries. But she wasn't reassured by his words.

Hao and Scar both had an overwhelming advantage over each other. However, Hao was more knowledgeable when it came to using his sword plus he was armed with Wheelz. The mechanical advantage from Wheelz gave him a huge boost in combat. Along with using it to block Scar's heavy blows, he also used it to unleash his own barrage of attacks.

"Mum, should we stop them?" Lanor glanced at Vicky and noticed the intriguing expression that was plastered on her face. 'Seems she's interested in learning what Hao is capable of now that he has his Blade Edge again. I'm also curious. Scar should bring it out of him.' Lanor directed her attention back to the ongoing match involving Hao and Scar.

Slash!

A precise sword strike barely missed severing Hao's head from his body. He took his sweet time evading that attack which made Ciara's heart jolt. The kids along with the other members of the gang were all worried as well but the battle wasn't over. Hao countered by slicing through the air with Vibe Edge.

Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!

Hao's swings became more aggressive, yet his technique remained polished like a master swordsman. 'Now that I have him running for the hills, I think it's time to try that new feature out.' He spun on his toe point while pressing a button on the side of Vibe Goggles.

Click!

<Conjuring Blade Sprites>

Moments after the button was pressed, Hao heard a stinging vibration travelled from Vibe Edge all the way to his goggles. It appeared that this feature was being powered by Vibe Edge's new Sword Spirit-Eragaleous.

Whoosh! Whoosh!

An almost transparent double-faced blue blade comprised of energy began to materialise and expand from the glare of Vibe Goggles. It wasn't just one, but five that came into being and began oscillating around Hao.

"The hell is that?" Scar was startled by this unexpected development. He had his weapon in hand and was ready to continue the fight. But, instead of closing in for another attack, he watched as Hao slowly lifted his sword into the air.

As Hao brought Vibe Edge up, five blue blades followed suit. It was a spectacular sight that left everyone awestruck. He then aimed at Scar and said, "Pierce!"

Whoosh!

As if in tandem, all five Blade Sprites rushed ahead towards Scar who stood there staring with his jaw slacked. They were more than a match for him and even when he tried to evade, the blades seem to sense this and changed direction to pursue.

"Yeah, teach that scar face a lesson mate!" Mentos cheered for his best friend. He was impressed by how well Hao took the lead from the start and fought on par with Scar's strength.

"Don't give up Scar. He's only trying to scare you with those energy blades." From Scar's corner, Raven cheered him on and told him he could win.

As the Blade Sprites began to slash at him, Scar roared in anger. He used both hands to lift his Scissor Cleaver and pushed away the five blades that were assaulting him. "Piss off all of you!" He executed a spinning slash which completely shattered the Blade Sprites and created a large gust of wind that blew everyone away.

"Huh?" Just as his energy blades shattered, Hao realized something important on his interface. The 100 Tunes he had, dipped to 80. 'Could it be...?' He began to wonder if conjuring the Blade Sprites could have cost him some Tunes. To confirm this, he tapped the side of Vibe Goggles and conjured another batch of Blade Sprite.

"No more bullshit from you asshole! I'll cut you up and send you to the grave where you belong, like how your parents should have taken care of you before you were born into this world, ya hear me!" Not waiting around for the Blade Sprites could materialise properly, Scar came swinging his Scissor Cleaver like a maniac. Hao combined them to form a shield, however…

Boom!

The Blade Sprites were shattered just as they were formed. Once again, Hao noticed that his Tunes dropped by 20. Now he had 60 Tunes left. 'I see. It drains my Tunes when they are destroyed, not when they are created.' This realization made him refrain from summoning any more Blade Sprites because he didn't want to lose additional Tunes.

"You got guts, kid. But don't think you can beat me just because you got some fancy moves and a new toy. That arm and goggles don't mean shit. The only thing it'll give you is an advantage against weaklings, which I am not!"

'Tough nut to crack, eh.' Hao concluded and prepared to make a counterattack.

<Shadowstep Slash>

Scar was in the midst of launching another offensive attack, however, Hao vanished from sight and reappeared behind him after enveloping himself in a slash of dark noise. Hao used the opportunity to strike at his back.

"Ugh?!" Scar groaned as he turned around and retaliated with a horizontal slash from his Scissor Cleaver. The two sides clamped down and captured Hao's sword, trying to snap it apart.

"Let go!" Hao punched it free with Wheelz then sheathed Vibe Edge. Next, he tightened his grip around the hilt then unleashed its swift sharpness.

<Quick Draw!>

Whoosh!

Right after forcing Scar to retreat, a small amount of blue energy surrounded Vibe Edge and Hao’s hand as he began to spin it like a helicopter propeller. 'Now Spin-Off!' He launched it forward with immense power.

WHOOSH!

"What?!"

The impact was so powerful that Scar flew across the courtyard and collided with a wooden wall. This looked like it was it for the rowdy Scar and indeed it was. But he wasn't knocked out. He staggered to his feet, groaning in agony. The scissor blade of his weapon was now cracked and bent. He stood there panting heavily as his Scissor Cleaver lay uselessly on the ground.

"Scar! You good?" Boulder came along and check on Scar who was still feeling the after-effect of Spin-Off.

"Ah fuck off ya big lug." Scar hissed through gritted teeth. "That one-arm bastard, I'm going to kill you next time we fight!" He got in his last threat before he was hauled away by Boulder to be looked after.

 

 

0