Chapter • Prologue: I Became A Mangaka In Another World!
910 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belphegor(Author): I think I should have the basics down. A few Youtube videos later, I'm ready to start writing. Hopefully, you guys and girls enjoy this, as much as I enjoy writing this. Please tell me your feedback on how I did. That would greatly appreciated!

•• 

There is something especially disorienting about waking up and finding yourself at a table, with a pencil in your hand. In a room, you never seen or have been to. There are papers scattered around the surface of the table, each containing messy scribbles. Most of them are Dragon Ball-like characters. Others are of trees and stick figures fighting each other and different skies. The paper right before me is of a starry night sky, still in the process of being drawn out.

My mind is in such a haze, that I can barely register the movement I make when I reach out for a blank sheet of paper. I can hear people talking about trivial things, but all of that goes over my head. Nothing wants to stick.

Looking around, I find myself in some sort of restaurant. People are eating and talking to each other as the time goes by. 

And in front of me are two people I never saw before. One is an above-average-looking young man in his early 20s with golden hair and black eyes. He is currently wearing a loose dress black shirt and dress pants and shoes. As of now, he is watching me with a smile.

Next to him is an above-average-looking young woman in her early 20s with long black shiny hair to her waist and bright green eyes. She currently wearing an red dress that seems to fetch a bit, and red flats. Like the man, she is also watching me.

" Whatcha drawing Asahi?" 

I was, to say the least extremely confused when the man addressed me, in Japanese no less.

' Wait... I understand him!' I was shocked I understood Japanese perfectly.

Because of my love for Anime and overall Japan, I took some courses from my good friend Hana in High School, who was a Japanese exchange student.

I was okay and could hold a decent conversation in Japanese with her. When she had to grade me, she gave me a C. Not the best and not the worst.

But how? I perfectly understand Japanese and all that it entails.

" A Knight, Oto-san(Dad)," I said without me knowing, in perfect Japanese.

I saw him rise an eyebrow.

" A Knight?"

I went for a smile and then showed him.

Under my smile, I however was hiding my shock at what "Knight" I drew.

' Ashen One, what are you doing here?!' I screamed in my mind. 

Yes. That is who I drew. The Ashen One from Dark Souls 3.

" You really are our child, huh?" The woman who I somehow know is my new Mom said. Her lips twitched upwards into a beaming smile, while she patted my head.

As I was getting headpatted (I finally understand why my Dog loves this), I read my Dad's face. I knew he was impressed. He was trying to hide it, but was absolutely failing at it - grinning ear-to-ear. His eyes screamed how much he loved my Ashen One drawing.

" Why a Knight, Son?" He went for a question, as he coughed a bit. His face was a bit red, as my Mom giggled at him.

" Because Kaa-chan(Mommy) likes Knights," I said. My face was pure and innocent.

Hmph! And they say drama class won't help me!

Suck it, Mrs.Clampitt and Mr.Hartshorn!

" Aww~ So you drew it for me?"

I hide my amusement as my Dad looked at my Mom and my Drawing. His eyes screaming that he will fight for this drawing, tooth and nail.

" Hehe~ Don't worry Honey, I won't take it away from you~" My Mom giggled as my Dad seemed to sign in relief.

Clearing his throat, he looked at me. Green eyes and black eyes stared into each other.

" Son, would you like me to teach you how to draw Manga?"

My Mom's face twitched hearing him, and my eyes widened.

I don't know why, but I somehow feel the answer to this question will change everything for me.

So I answered...

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

" Yes. I would love that, Oto-san." I said with resolve.

Whatever this new World and new life of mine throws at me, I will face it head-on.

That's just how I am.

That's just how Yamamoto Asahi, is.

>>>>>>

20