26. Why didn’t you call me?
276 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Lian Jie has everything Lu Yuan wants to have.

Family background, identity, status, rights, and...

pretty girl.

This world is not a fair world. Some people have everything when they born and enjoy it for the rest their life, and some people born in poverty and have to work hard to just barely survive. 

Shen Lian Jie and Lu Yuan are these two kinds of contrasting people.

The piano music downstairs starts to play again, this time its playing an elegant and brisk minor key.

However the pianist is not the former pianist, Zhou Yao, but another girl with glasses.

Zhou Yao had already left, when she was leaving the cafe, everyone could see that she was not in a good mood, her face portrayed her complex emotions within.

Maybe it was a beautiful misunderstanding, but for Zhou Yao, she was greatly stimulated by Lu Yuan.

Everyone is eager for recognition or acknowledgement from the person they admire, Zhou Yao is also no exception. When she asked Lu Yuan for his opinion on how she played the piano, she yearned for his recognition.

Unfortunately... The greater the hope, the greater the disappointment.

She did not get Lu Yuan's acknowledgement, instead she thought she had been criticised, even though covertly. Fortunately, she was made aware of her shortfall from what she thought was a criticism.

She felt that Lu Yuan was completely right.

'I do ...'

Nope!

.................

"Director Lu, it's a pleasure meeting you. "

"Director Shen, it's a pleasure."

It is the first time that Lu Yuan have meet Shen Lian Jie formally. No matter how much envy he has, he still has a smile on his face.

Hypocritically passionate like a pimp who is collecting money from customers.

Shen Lian Jie was also smiling, but his smile was more sincere than that of Lu Yuan's.

It can be seen at a glance that his skill in acting is indeed much better than Lu Yuan's.

When he looked at Lu Yuan's dress from top to bottom, in a glance, Shen Lian Jie already roughly measured Lu Yuan's level. After the polite and warm greetings, he elegantly turned his eyes away from Lu Yuan.

In his opinion, Lu Yuan is not an important person, just a small person who can not do anything big.

He does not take him seriously.

Even the word "Director Lu" that he just said a moment ago sounded superficial.

'What kind of good thing can come out from a 800.000 investment movie with a refrigerated actor and an unknown director?'

'whether the movie can be released is still questionable, let alone a box office hit.'

Therefore, Lu Yuan can never be an existence that he would put his eyes on.

Lu Yuan also knows that Shen Lian Jie does not care about him, but his mood was not affected and still have a calm face.

Two person whose irrelevant to each other are like two different pararel lines, even if the two lines were to intersect, it was short-lived. 

With time, the two lines will grow longer and farther, and the lines' path will be completely different.

So, being hypocritical to deal with the short-lived intersection is fine.

This way everyone can keep their dignity.

This way...

...is good for everyone.

Drinking coffee quietly, listening to the piano music that he does not understand, Lu Yuan continues to ponder about his future restaurant's decoration from time to time. He feels really good.

"If you can not hold it anymore, you can just come and help me. "The Capital" still have a lot of works. You are Liu Ting Ting's friend, so I think I can trust you with these works." Shen Lian Jie ordered a musk coffee earlier, he took a slight sip from the cup and faintly told Wei Fat about his idea with a smiling face.

"I'm doing very well, thank you, no need to bother you, The Great Director. As for whether I can hold it or not, it has nothing to do with anyone, especially to irrelevant people!" There was disgust in Wei Fat's eyes when he talked, yet there was also a trace of undisguised pain in his eyes.

His eyes tried not to look at the elegant woman sitting next to Shen Lian Jie, he even tried to ignore her existence.

Youth is always beautiful, and broken-heart is always painful.

The fists under the coffe table were clenched very tight, its trembling with blue veins.

Youth left...

People gone...

Never to return.

Wei Fat suddenly remembers Lu Yuan's "Old Boy", he is emotionally touched.

Then he slowly let go...

"Wu Ji, don't mess around anymore, I know I am not good, but you can not give up on yourself. You can not eat dreams! So, looking at our relationship before, now I..."

"Give up!? When did I give up!? And you... Who gives you the right to judge me?" Wei Fat exhaled his breath heavily. Despite his bloodshot eyes, his face turned to look at Liu Ting Ting and asked her with a smile that seemed relieved.

"Then why are you making this kind of movie!? Aren't you giving up on yourself!?" Liu Ting Ting stared back at Wei Fat, not willing to be outdone.

"This movie... Do you know what it's called? Have you seen the script?" Wei Fat's smile was completely gone from his face, leaving a faint gloomy look.

"Although I haven't seen it, with only eight hundred thousands investment, it's definitely won't be a good movie! You are always dreaming, you won't go anywhere in your whole life like this. This is the reason why I left you! My eyes were really blind!" Liu Ting Ting's hands were folded in front of her chest, her words were a bit harsh.

"Not because you care about his property and his money? And, is it not because he is more handsome than me and talk better than me?" Wei Fat finally could not help it and stood up.

Perhaps because his self-esteem was challenged, his chest was constantly undulating.

"Wu Ji, do not be angry. I am inviting you to have a coffee today is to give you a chance, not to argue with you." Shen Lian Jie frowned when Wei Fat stood up, but then he gradually calmed down and revealed a confident gentleman smile, giving him a fresh look.

"I also accepted your invitation today, because I want to give you a chance. Our crew lacks a driver, seeing you drive so good, I think you are suitable. So, can you help me?" Wei Fat sneered at Shen Lian Jie while pressing down the anger in his heart.

"You..." Shen Lian Jie's eyes turned gloomy and his smile disappeared.

"Brother Shen, I told you already, he won't appreciate your kindness! Some people are just too ignorant, they dont know how to grab their chance. Let's just go!" Liu Ting Ting glanced at Wei Fat with dissatisfied face.

"Haha! A Chance!?" Wei Fat sneered and was about to go to her, but before he had the chance, Lu Yuan kicked him in the leg first.

"Guys, I think everyone should drink coffee first and let's drink coffee in peace, don't hurt others." Lu Yuan smiled brightly, his voice was calm. He took his coffee cup and drank it. After he drank the Blue Montain coffee, his mood seemed very peaceful, he even lit a cigarette and started to smoke.

Everything was so smooth.

"Right, see, your friend still have a brain. Brother Shen, let's go, I heard Mister Chen is in Hengdian now, let's go and visit him, you still need a theme song after all. It's already a headache, so, no need to spend time here with some low class people." Liu Ting Ting stood up and shook her head in disgust. She couldn't stand Wei Fat's attitude and Lu Yuan's smoke.

Cigarette smokes make her want to vomit!

'Low class people!'

She cursed.

"Okay, Director Lu, you guys drink slowly, just write the bills on my tab." Shen Lian Jie stood up, smiled slightly at Lu Yuan, still having the fresh look on his face, looking very enthusiastically at Lu Yuan, while gracefully letting Liu Ting Ting hold his side arm, with a very gentlemanly style.

"Walk slowly, don't fall!" Wei Fat also lit a cigarette and smoked indifferently.

"Thanks, drink slowly, remember to keep the bills on my tab."

"Okay, thank you." Lu Yuan looked at the back of two people with a bright smile, no anger nor other emotions on his face.

Then suddenly.....

"Right! I forgot to tell you, when "The Capital" is released, that day will also be the date when my "Buried" is released!" Wei Fat's voice was indifferent.

"Oh? Good luck then." 

'clang!'

When the couple left, Wei Fat drank the coffee dry then slammed the cup on the table with a very angry look.

"Lu Yuan! Why did you stopped me just now!"

"When did I stopped you?"

"Then why didn't you let me keep talking to that woman?"

"You are a big man, why do you want to bitch with a woman? Did you really not see that everything was arranged by Shen Lian Jie from the start?"

"You... you don't know, this woman, she... she is..."

"I don't know who she is, but didn't you feel that Shen Lian Jie pretending not to see anything? His face was very calm like an old shit, watching you two playing drama, looking at a joke."

"And then? So what?"

"If this is a confrontation, you already lose, and you lost miserably, at least in terms of character."

"It's already like this, what do I need character for, I ..."

"Allright, allright, what are you angry about, we are people with good quality character, okay. You feel you are being ridiculed now, in the future just hit him very very hard, then everything will be fine. The harder you get ridiculed, the harder you hit back later!"

"Right, hit his face! wait... not right! ptooey! Lu Yuan, how the fuck are you telling me about quality? Didn't we said not to smoke?"

"Bullshit! I always have been a good quality person. I don't believe you don't want to order the most expensive coffee here now, drink a cup then spill a cup, then write it on Shen Lian Jie's tab and make him doubt his life?"

"I don't!"

"Waiter, we want to order twenty cups of musk coffee..."

"Twenty cups? When do I want twen... wait... you mean...?"

"I didn't say anything. I'm a person with excellent quality. I'm very noble, so I need to drink the most expensive coffee. Someone gave you a pretense, you have to keep it up."

"Fuck! I want forty cups!"

The two thieves' eyes met with understanding...

At this time, there were rushed footsteps heard from outside the booth.

"Ah? Mister Chen? Why are you here, sir? I'm just going to visit you ..."

"Oh, Shen, long time no see."

"Yes, Mister Chen, are you free tonight? I want to ask you about ..."

"Oh, I'm busy tonight. I'm going to meet someone."

"Ah, who do you want to meet?"

"A very talented young man."

"Oh, shall I accompany you?"

"Fine."

Wei Fat and Lu Yuan had smirks on their faces. When they were about to call the waiter, the booth's door suddenly opened.

"Young man, didn't I leave a number for you to call me? Why didn't you call me?"

" ? ? ? "

Lu Yuan looked at the old man who suddenly rushed in and talked to him, his smirking face suddenly froze.

'Who is this old man?'

'What does he mean?'

Shen Lianjie also stunned ...

'what happened?'

Wei Fat already turned stupid.

' ? ? ? '

-------------------

Note :

I will be going out of town for a few days. And it looks like there is no good internet there, so, next chapter will be available after new year. It should be on the 2nd of January 2020.

With this, I also would like to wish a merry and jolly Christmas to everyone. And may everyone of us have a healthy and wonderful year in 2020.

And once more, please support the books with ratings, like and comments.

Thank you everyone, thank you for your support. 

See you again in 2020.

CR_V

9