Chapter 2: The Demon Castle Tour
349 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Serashael opened her eyes, she found that Ceselea was still sleeping soundly on top of the bed. It was surprising, given that the princess was the one who fell asleep first.


‘She must have been so tired after such a long day. Poor her.’ The demoness observed the blonde fairy as she felt bad that the fairy would be stuck in her room for an indefinite time. Unaware that Ceselea actually attempted to escape, and failed. 

Trying to be a good host, Sera needed to think of ways to entertain her guest. She never really had anyone going to her floor, let alone staying in her room so she was not used to something like this.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted by the wake-up noises coming from Ceselea.
“Ah, good morning. Had a nice sleep?” The pink-haired girl let out a soft smile as it made the fairy princess blush immediately. What a sight right after waking up…

 

“I know. Why don’t we have a tour of the castle? I can be your guide.” The idea suddenly came to Sera’s mind even before Ceselea could reply to the greeting.

 

‘A castle tour won’t be so bad. That way, I can know my way out too.’ The fairy princess thought about it for a bit, although… 

“I can’t go around like this. Everyone will notice me!” A castle tour could not be casually done for a ‘fugitive’ like her.

“I can cast an invisible spell for you. Come on, it will be fun.” The pink-haired demoness smiled as she stared at the blonde, hoping that she would accept her hospitality.

“It will be suspicious if you talk to yourself… and I think others will end up bumping on me instead, or even worse.” Especially when Ceselea imagined the huge-sized monsters… It definitely will bring more harm than good.

 

Serashael thought of it longer as she got a brilliant idea.

 “What about the Illusion spell? That way, I can disguise you with no problem. Don't worry about getting caught, my illusion spell is high-ranked!”

Ceselea’s expression changed as she heard that. With an illusion spell, she could walk around freely without being suspected. She only had to act naturally. 

 

“Say, what’s your favourite monster?” Serashael asked Ceselea before she casted the spell. 

“Hmm, probably harpies. They are beautiful, and they can fly as well.”

“Alright, got it~”

Before Ceselea could ask about the reason, Sera already pointed her fingers at the blonde fairy. A purple light surrounded her body as the demoness clapped her hand. “It’s done!~” 

 

“Hmm? I don’t feel like anything changed.” Ceselea stared at her body as if she still looked like a fairy. 

“You can look in the mirror!” Sera beamed as the figure reflected by the surface was definitely of a young harpy. She even adjusted the movement of the hands and wings to make it less suspicious. The illusion magic clearly worked!

As it would last the whole day, there would not be any more worry. Ceselea looked like she would be looking forward to this as well, to Sera’s relief.

 

The Demon’s castle was bustling with lots of monsters; even the empty hallway yesterday now had monsters in it. It was like a kingdom of its own, with everyone having their own duties inside the castle. Thanks to Sera’s spell, none of them suspected Ceselea at all. Especially when Sera introduced the petite ‘harpy’ as her newest assistant, as well as a friend.

And there it was, the familiar teleporter leading to the third floor. Serashael was confused about why the blonde ‘harpy’ was looking nervous before stepping in, as she was immediately greeted by the High Orc. To Ceselea’s surprise, the orc was actually quite friendly to the fellow monsters, he even gave her a bag of corn chips for her to snack to. Barbecue-flavoured was the favourite snack for harpies after all. 

 

Serashael brought the princess up to the entrance one more, in which she noticed that most of the undead that she had defeated were already raised back. Granted, thanks to the spell, they did not attack Ceselea at all. At this point, the blonde princess could actually slide out of the castle to run away but the illusion magic would cause her to be attacked by adventurers instead- 

 

The tour ended back in Sera’s room as the two sat down to rest for a while. “I am beat but it was very fun…”  Ceselea said as she stretched herself. Not only that she was enjoying the day, but she had made a mental note of the castle’s layout as well. It would be valuable information for the Fairy Kingdom.

“After a long day, it’s best to take a bath.” The pink-haired demon stretched as she stood up. She stared at Ceselea for a bit as she picked the smaller girl up. “The tour is not over yet, I have another place to show you.”

 

The bath was spacious, and since the day was already late, it was just the two of them. Then again, the illusion magic was still working, so they did not have to worry if they were caught. As the two girls were taking a bath together, Ceselea could not help but to observe the pink-haired demoness… The demon race was known for their beauty but Serashael was on another level. Not to mention her body that was more gorgeous than anyone Ceselea had ever seen…

“Something wrong? You’ve been staring for a while.” Serashael smiled at the princess, obliviously as Ceselea just shook her head and blushed. The two spent some time inside the bath until it was close to bedtime.

 

The two girls changed into their pajamas, with Sera lending the fairy princess her bedwear. Apparently, it belonged to her when she was younger; Ceselea could see Serashael taking good care of her belongings, just like how she treated her underlings well.

Before they went to bed, a knock on the door could be heard. “Who’s visiting me this late?” Serashael wondered as she stood up from her bed. Fortunately, it was still before midnight so Ceselea’s illusion magic was still working. Sera did not have to worry as she opened her door.

 

Or so she thought as a menacing figure walked into the room. He was just slightly taller than Serashael but his aura was towering all over the room… Even more than the high orc. 

It was none other but the Demon Lord. Ceselea kept observing him when he talked to Serashael about something. Although the fairy princess was in a state of shock that she could not process what the two were discussing about. Sera did look worried about something though, at times she was looking at Ceselea.

The Demon Lord seemed to notice the harpy as well, glaring at her for a while before he said, 

“You seem to be very friendly with that harpy. I have never seen you bringing your subordinate to bed.”

“Y-yes, she is my new assistant. I have something to discuss with her and before we realise it’s already late so she’s staying over.” The pink-haired demoness tried to explain, finding her excuses on a whim.

The Demon lord just nodded in understanding as he left not long after.

 

Without saying any words, the two girls stared at each other and definitely thought of the same thing:
‘Of course, the demon lord could see over the disguise! His magic level is like, the highest! Even more than the Fairy and Human King combined!’ 

Serashael did not expect the demon lord to go to her room at all-  She was usually the one that get summoned to his chamber. Now that he found out that Sera had been harbouring a fairy in her room, what would happen? Granted, he did not do anything yet, but who knew what he had in mind?

“You need to go back as soon as possible-” Sera proposed, especially seeing that Ceselea was still in a state of shock. The blonde fairy nodded as she would love to leave the castle almost immediately; if not for the fact that the wild monsters were way stronger at night. 

 

That night, both the demoness and the fairy could barely sleep at all.

19