63. Truth
630 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door opened with an abrupt screeching sound.

I frowned in pain as my ears started ringing. Covering them in an attempt to protect them, I looked at Cirucci who had just opened the door.

She panting heavily, her grip tight on the doorknob. Her disheveled appearance indicated that she had rushed here in haste.

“He's... he's here.” She managed to say between breaths. “Ichigo Kurosaki is currently being led here by Nel.”

The information made me forget my previous discomfort. This was the moment we had been waiting for the last few days to happen. The plot was finally upon us.

“Kurosaki is finally here!” Orihime, behind me, let out an exuberant scream.

She hugged my little Esmeralda tightly, her eyes shining with anticipation.

My green haired daughter let out a sigh, grunting as she tried to push herself from her aunt's embrace before giving up, her legs going slack.

“Chubby aunty… it’s… Annoying.” Esmeralda declared.

Noelle, standing beside them, couldn't help but give a teasing smile to her younger sister.

Turning her attention to me, my sister Orihime wore a warm smile. “We can finally go back now.”

Her words momentarily caught me off guard, and I blinked, trying to comprehend their meaning.

“Orihime, we won't be going with you.” I clarified. “We may look almost human, but in the end we are just evolved hollows.”

Orihime’s eyes watered, darting around, seeking affirmation from my family members, only to receive shakes of the head.

“Home is here.” Noelle and the captured Esmeralda spoke at the same time.

Orihime's smile became even more strained. Her breaths became longer as she tried to restrain her face of sadness.

“The spiritual energy in the human world is too thin for us.” Sung-sun replied, her voice muffled as she hid her face behind her sleeve.

“Sorry, little sis. We will visit you occasionally.” Cirucci promised, with a rare gentle smile on her face.

Unable to hold back any longer, Orihime's tears overflowed. “I will miss you girls so much.” She sobbed as she tightened her hug around my daughter.

Esmeralda struggled fiercely, trying to distance herself from her aunt. “Daddy, help.”

Instead of helping my daughter, I took Noelle into my arms and joined their group hug.

“Daddy annoying.” Noelle protested.

After a heartwarming moment of parental love, I gently separated the girls from a weeping Orihime, creating a distance between them. Orihime, seeing this, wiped her face.

“Don’t worry, we will visit you often once we are done with this.” I promised her while glancing at my family. “Right girls.”

“Yes.” A chorus of affirmative words echoed in the room from my children and their mothers.

“Good.” Orihime accepted, a hint of resignation in her tone. “Next time, I won't attempt to transform you into humans again.”

I was about to respond, ready to defend our decision, when my eyes caught sight of Orihime's bruised arm. Her rolled-up sleeves revealed a distinctive mark, a kind of bruise I often saw in people who were harshly gripped.

“Orihime, who did this to you?” I confronted her with a hollow voice.

Her eyes darted to her bruised arm, a terrified expression flickering across her face, before she hastily attempted to hide it behind her sleeve.

“This… I fell the other day while playing with the girls.” She stammered, her voice shaky as she rubbed her head with closed eyes.

But, I knew.. I could feel her fear, fear of me discovering the truth about her injuries. It was clear that her explanation was nothing but a feeble attempt to mask reality. They were not caused by Cirucci’s rough manhandling while training, she never hit her arms; she always aimed for her chest instead.

Taking a deep breath, I repeated her name, my voice filled with a mix of urgency and frustration.“Orihime, they did this to you earlier, didn't they? When you went to see Aizen.”

The words hung in the air, almost escaping as a scream. My heart pounded with a mix of concern for Orihime and a growing anger.

I had found it weird how she always seemed so meek and submissive whenever she visited Aizen in the company of Sung-sun, a pattern that had repeated itself three times now.

“It’s nothing serious.” Orihime tried to defend, waving her arms. “See, I will heal it right away.”

I ignored her in my fury, instead I turned to look at Sung-sun. She looked down, an unsure expression on her face.

“Darling… Boss, you are losing your cool and you are overreacting.” Cirucci pleaded, pulling at my clothes in an attempt to restrain me.

“Of course I’m overreacting.” I responded harshly to her. “They have been pushing our fraccion too much. And now they've dared to lay a hand on my family.”

My fury fueled my words, my emotions overriding any semblance of composure I had left. The thought of Orihime, the little kind girl I had raised, suffering at the hands of those in Las Noches ignited a fire within me.

I would not hear reasons, not this time. It was time to act, to make them suffer truly, I was tired of being the lone protector of the arrancars.

Sung-sun finally spoke up, her voice filled with a mix of guilt and determination. “I couldn’t stop Grimmjow and Ulquiorra… they grabbed Orihime's arms.” Sung-sun admitted. “But if you want revenge, we can think about it together.”

Still, I shaked my partners off, my clothes ripping they held stubbornly to them in the process.

“Forget about it.” I bellowed, an intense fire burning in my gut. “The time to plot and scheme is over. Cirucci, just follow the plan and enter with the girls into the subspace we prepared.”

“Wait brother, don’t go away again.” Orihime desperately pleaded.

However my daughters, Esmeralda and Noelle, held her down firmly with their little hands, their strength surpassing that of my human sister.

“Kick them.” Esmeralda requested, her tiny voice filled with a burning rage mirrored by her sister's fierce expression.

I looked back at my family one last time, nodding and my children and ignoring the screaming of my lovers behind me.

Getting out of the room, I kept walking. There was no turning back now.

“Asguiaro, you know your part. Guide Nel and Ichigo into Las Noches.” I told Asguiaro coldly. “After that, you must ensure my family's safety.”

His response was swift and unwavering, his tone matching my own determination. “Of course, my Lord.”

The reason for such a response was obvious. He must have heard the discussion inside from the door and was feeling my anger.

Still, it was not time to ponder about his spy-like antics, so I continued walking, cracking my fists along the way.

I had a fury to quell.

Blaming myself would not be enough, I knew the arrancars would treat Orihime badly. Yet I ignored, focusing on building my forces for the upcoming war.

I was a fool, a greedy and jealous fool.

But this fool was tired of playing nice. I was ready to get my revenge at all costs.

And so I prayed to the complete Hogyoku my sister has suffered so much to awaken. I prayed for it to grant me the strength to get even with those who harmed my family.

The air hung heavy with anticipation, and the Hogyoku answered positively.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaving the harem’s discussion behind, it’s time for the MC to rebel.
The time to come out of Aizen’s shadow has come.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omake: Hogyoku

Within the confines of Las Noches, the Hogyoku stirred with a newfound sense of intrigue.

The Hogyoku detected a yearning unlike any other, the strongest desire it had felt since Charlotte asked it to make them a child, something impossible.

This time was different, It was an interesting wish, one that could barely be granted.

So it decided to grant it even disregarding the protests of its master, who attempted to lull it into slumber.

Unleashing a surge of energy, the Hogyoku infused the approaching arrancar with the power he wished for.

For the Hogyoku, the fulfillment of wishes was its greatest joy, even if it meant straying from the path set by its master.

18