72. Unhinged
899 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I burst onto the scene, a loud shockwave accompanying my arrival, sending debris flying and the walls crumbling as I stopped abruptly.

Taking stock of the situation, I first noticed my Cirucci floating far away from her enemies, yet keeping a close distance to the dimensional crack where our family was hidden.

She was grabbing her bleeding right shoulder, her usual smirk replaced by a painful expression. Her signature whip was nowhere to be seen, likely destroyed by the enemy.

Her enormous wings were gone, partially melted by a corrosive green goo that spread across the ruins beneath her.

It seemed clear that my decision to rush here first was the right one.

Glancing at the surroundings of the green pool, I discovered Asguiaro laying sprawled on the floor, his body contorted in agony. He appeared to be poisoned, his skin pale, almost like a gray corpse.

However, his body seemed to be intact, so he must have been taken by surprise before he could react when the battle started.

“Oi! You damn bastard, took you long enough!” Luppi's voice pierced the air, demanding my attention. “Your woman was about to become one of Mayuri's twisted experiments if you had arrived even a second later.”

It was then that my gaze shifted downward, noticing his gruesome appearance. His body was impaled on a colossal fork adorned with pulsating purple and red lights. Blood pooled beneath him, mixing with the white sand in dark pink.

“Oh! There you were!” I exclaimed instinctively.

Although, it was surprising how he was alive with such injuries, my full attention shifted to the woman standing nonchalantly at his side. It was none other than Nemu Kurotsuchi.

The artificial shinigami met my gaze, her expression shifting to one of surprise as I appeared before her in a flash. Without hesitation, I unleashed a chop from my right hand, dealing a strong blow to her neck.

Her eyes turned hazy, yet she managed to muster the strength to bring up a fist.

Seeing this, I struck her abdomen using my left palm. The impact sent her flying out of my vision, likely crashing into the sands at the outskirts of Las Noches.

“Damn it!”

Getting rid of her hadn't come without consequences. She had managed to release some kind of pink gas on my face.

Reacting swiftly, I snapped my fingers, summoning a flickering white flame with ignition. It enveloped the gas and purified it before it had the chance to turn me into a second Luppi.

“Oi! Help me!” Luppi demanded.

“Sure.”

I glanced at his pitiful state and decided to assist him. Being careful, I aimed a powerful kick at the base of the fork.

The metal contraption tumbled downward, causing Luppi to roll uncontrollably across the sands. His comical rolling only ended when he collided with the heaving body of Asguiaro who could only groan in response.

“Sorry, Asguiaro!” I could only shrug my shoulders in apology.

“I despise you!”

Luppi seemed to be okay, so I started gathering a big white flame around. With a mighty push, I spread it everywhere around me, cleansing the air of Mayuri’s poison and incinerating the lingering green goo that tainted the sand.

“Much better!” I dusted off my hands, feeling satisfied by my handy work.

“My Lord, it is good to see you survived!” Asguiaro exclaimed.

My white flames seemed to have eased some of his symptoms as he looked less… gray and his heaving had stopped.

“Idiot! The next time you succumb to such blind rage, I’m going to accompany you!” Cirucci threatened, a happy smile playing on her face. “I can’t believe you let yourself be caught in such a trap.”

Her laughter resonated through the air, a blend of relief and teasing. "Well, I guess I owe you for the rescue this time."

I could only rub my neck, feeling helpless. It had been a long time since I’ve lost myself to rage and the first time my family had seen it in person.

Regrettably, there was no time to apologize to Cirucci, for our reunion was abruptly interrupted by Mayuri Kurotsuchi.

“That was rather uncalled for.” Mayuri remarked, a condescending smile stretching across his face, his eyes rolling at weird angles. “Nemu was entrusted with carrying my precious specimens, and now I will have to wait for her to return.”

I looked at his eerie smirk, Knowing he was preparing something to counter me as he allowed us to chitchat. He was a cunning rat and I would not doubt he had a dozen devices to deal with the unknown.

“Are you mad because I released Luppi? Or are you mad because I neutralized your poison?” I questioned.

Mayuri's twisted smile stretched even wider, his arms extending outward in a grand gesture. “Don’t be foolish, my dear adversary. I shall soon recover him, and not only that, I intend to add you to my collection!”

As his words hung in the air, a sinister aura engulfed Mayuri. With a flicker in his eyes, he slowly raised his hand, a dark energy crackling around him.

"Bankai: Konjiki Ashisogi Jizo!"

In that instant, the air itself seemed to shudder. The sand beneath him quivered as his Bankai materialized, taking on the form of a grotesque, towering monstrosity. Its skin was yellow, covered in sharp blades and hollow white eyes. The stench of decay filled the air as it released a purple cloud.

As I gazed upon Mayuri's released Bankai, I remembered I was facing an opponent whose malevolence surpassed that of most hollows.

That’s why, when the monstrosity launched itself at me, I didn’t hesitate to exterminate it with a powerful Cero.

“Mayuri Kurotsuchi! I will put an end to your madness!” I declared.

Mayuri's only response was a vacant stare as my green and purple Cero tore through his Bankai.

The spirit screamed in a horrible baby wail, crumbling into blue spiritual particles that scattered in the air.
—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sora/Renato finds himself in Las Noches after the shinigami has razed the place to the ground. Now he has to salvage what he can while dealing with the shinigami.

I have finally added my original story to this site. It's comedy, sci-fi story. ATFITS

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omake: Ichigo’s awakening

“Today has been a complete disaster.” Ichigo Kurosaki couldn’t help but mutter under his breath.

First they had reached Las Noches only to be separated into three groups after the dimwitted Dondochakka made them fall from their ride.

Ichigo’s group had fought against this word afro man, but that was the easy part and Chad dealt with him quickly.

The problem was that somewhere Rukia and Renji were seriously injured by their enemy. Their spiritual pressure diminishing by the second.

Ichigo wanted to rush forward and help them, but then this guy appeared.

“Why do you hesitate, Ichigo Kurosaki?” Ulquiorra regarded him in his resurección form, his bat-like wings adding a sense of urgency. “Do you regret leaving your friends with Zommari? Don’t worry you will soon be joining them in hell.”

Ichigo regretted not being able to help his friends, but he couldn’t suppress his desire to defeat this guy who dared to boast about how he had harmed Orihime.

‘Let me be the king.’ White Zangetsu whispered. ‘You know you need my power and my fashionable sense.’

Ichigo snorted, he would beat Ulquiorra by himself and kick Sora Inoue’s ass for kidnapping Orihime.

15