Chapter 2 Brain Power
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chen Ang spent a few minutes poring over the research report.

"This truly marks a miracle in human evolution. Further brain development will elevate us to a different existence!" Chen Ang gazed at the purple drug before him, offering heartfelt praise.

"Unlike 'Eddie,' 'Lucy' entails permanent brain development, but it also leads to fatal side effects. However, the second catalyst you retrieved could be crucial for 'Lucy'. We've extracted a weakened version, minimizing side effects to a bearable level for the human body! It's like a gift from above!" The elderly man's excited expression conveyed his enthusiasm.

Catalyst No. 2 refers to Lucy's stem cell brought back by Chen Ang, while 'Eddie' stands for nztdrug, and 'Lucy' refers to the cph4 virus. These code names are exclusive to Chen Ang's knowledge.

"How effective is it?" Chen Ang interrupted the old man, who was caught up in his excitement.

The elderly doctor took a deep breath and plunged into a deeper state of overclocking, his eyes refocused. "The effects are astounding, Doctor! The subject maintains an overclocked state autonomously and can easily enter it by concentration alone. He can initiate overclocking effortlessly. Upon inspection, his brain development has surpassed 20%, and this activation is permanent!"

Self-initiated permanent state!

This is much more potent than the enhanced version of 'Eddie.' If the overclocking state induced by nztdrug is considered an auxiliary drug, this permanent overclocking state is almost a 'power' in itself—a profoundly daring form of brain overclocking at 20%. Chen Ang can effortlessly hear distant sounds, estimate distances by sound alone, absorb vast knowledge by predicting behaviors, fear no pain, exhibit fearless judgment.

He can easily channel the power and movement of human muscles to their limit. His vision can track bullet speeds, infrared and ultraviolet light, and even electromagnetic waves. He'd be the ultimate hacker, fighter, sharpshooter, and scientist. But the cost is a gradual breakdown of the body and diminishing emotions.

Chen Ang, seasoned from prolonged use of NZT, is already emotionally detached. He cannot bear the thought of losing himself.

"Great power requires a great heart to bear it. A superhuman body must harbor the soul of a superhuman. Ancient Chinese cultivation texts suggest that nurturing the soul alongside the body is crucial. It's difficult to achieve sanctity without balancing nature and fate. I must find a way to keep my soul and body in sync for continuity."

Chen Ang resolved, "I must swiftly journey into other worlds to discover a method for balancing the spirit and harmonizing my development. In accordance with the 'Yellow Emperor's Internal Canon,' my issue might stem from an imbalance in Essence, Qi, and Spirit. Martial Arts World's Inner Strength might offer substantial assistance."

"Is the drug perfected?" Chen Ang inquired of the old doctor.

The elderly doctor raised his head and motioned towards the needle on his neck. "It's perfected. I'm not feeling too good now! Normal overclocking doesn't strain the body, but sustaining overclocking is a bit taxing, typically the most I can endure is five minutes. I need a ten-minute rest in the middle of continuous usage to avert any side effects."

Chen Ang cast a rueful smile upon his unanswered query. "Isn't this a side effect?"

"Of course not, this is a sign of drug perfection!" The old doctor adjusted his glasses, solemnly remarking, "Absolute rationality, eliminating the sway of emotions—this signifies human perfection! However, I've yet to reach that state; I've just woken up and emotions are affecting me."

"Thankfully, it's merely your personal reaction, not a side effect. Administer a strengthening dose to me!" Chen Ang proceeded to the lab bench and reclined, grasping the nearby soft tape to secure himself.

Simultaneously, twelve tingles pervaded his arms and body. Chen Ang observed the violet liquid seeping into his body gradually. Conversations among researchers elongated, sounds and images moved frame by frame, gradually accelerating. Soon, familiar sensations flooded his mind.

Gradually calming down, Chen Ang gently flexed his arm. Layer by layer, muscles rippled effortlessly, effortlessly freeing him from the ropes that could confine an elephant. His skin crinkled and rippled, expelling sweat and dust, rendering the surface immaculate.

Subsequently, noticeable impurities emerged from Chen Ang's pores. Upon his movement, they dispersed and vanished, leaving his skin as smooth as a newborn's, eliminating parasitic aphids and acne without a trace.

Witnessing this scene, the old doctor was startled, dropping his experimental records. "What's happening? Did the reinforcement fail?" Nervously anticipating a potential nightmare, considering the magnitude of his influential benefactor and study partner encountering issues.

"Everything's fine!" Chen Ang reassured, waving him off. "The enhancement was successful!"

"But it's not the optimal time. The drug typically takes at least three hours to take effect after injection! Additionally, there's never been any record of micro-end muscle and nerve ending control. The brain must develop by at least 30% for such control," emphasized the old doctor, emphasizing that even overclocking couldn't manage emotions.

Suddenly, blood trickled from Chen Ang's nose. Grimacing, he alarmed the lab doctor, "No, I can sense my body's every state. I attempted to initiate my brain's overclocking—a performance I couldn't endure."

"This is at least a 30% overclocking state, but the drug can only induce a single overclocking, just up to 20%!" Dr. Lao doubted.

"My brain's development exceeds others', yet it's only at 20%!" Chen Ang winced, pressing his nose.

"You'd better maintain the versatile state at 10%. It's the optimal state that the body can endure for prolonged periods. 10% in the normal overclocking state is the long-term limit. Overclocking to 20% can only be momentarily sustained," the doctor persuaded.

Under Chen Ang's control, his nasal cavity swiftly recovered. He raised his head confidently. "Even if I'm only versatile, it's more powerful than your overclocking state!" Chen Ang raised his hand and adeptly twisted it, feeling his muscles and endocrine system adjust to their optimum.

"Of course, you're the most remarkable genius I've ever seen. Chen, you're the person I admire the most!" The old doctor gazed at him earnestly, acknowledging, "The development of the brain, the secret within God's restricted domain, will be the greatest discovery in human history. The contributions of all scientists in mankind's history combined couldn't match your impact, Chen."

"I stand on the shoulders of giants!" Chen Ang looked up at the old doctor with seriousness.

"Give it a name!" The old doctor pointed to the violet liquid. "You're its creator, its progenitor. You have that honor!"

"It's called the Foundation Establishment Pill!" Chen Ang smirked. "In the future, I'll develop other medicines and create a series like Core Formation Pill and Nascent Formation Pill."

"An impeccably basic casting medicine! A fitting name indeed," the old doctor couldn't grasp the context of the celestial naming sense. He nodded in agreement. "But your envisioned series of medicines might not come to fruition. Overclocking to 20% is already humanity's limit. It's exhausting human potential. We'll have to wait for the next stage of human evolution or a few geniuses who can afford it."

"No doubt, I'm that kind of genius!" Chen Ang shamelessly boasted with a smile.

"I'm looking forward to it!" The old doctor nodded with a smile.

A month later, at the underground base's training ground, Chen Ang fired shots at a target five hundred meters away, hitting each bull's-eye precisely. He wielded a specialized pistol, emptying magazine after magazine in rapid succession.

Soon, several moving targets appeared. A small lift emulated bird trajectories gliding in the air. Chen Ang shot with almost no hesitation, his eyes fixed on the target. His left hand swiftly swapped clips while maintaining a steady and continuous gunfire.

Once a box of ammunition was depleted, someone hurriedly approached the targets, reporting, "All ten rings, no misses!"

Next to a camouflage-clad man, he assessed, "You could handle five heavily armed special forces with your pistol technique!"

Chen Ang strapped on a silver-white scabbard, securing it to his arm with a thin strap, testing its flexibility. He responded, "But special forces aren't sent solo; they come with logistics, intelligence, and tactical support. Alone, even a sharpshooter faces challenges when outnumbered."

"But you're not just shooting alone; you have a powerful backing—the consortium. That makes you unrestrained!" Dahan countered.

Presently, Chen Ang's capabilities could only contend with a special squad. Confronting larger groups would require him to delve into overclocking or retreat using his abilities. Even tactical teams could pose significant challenges.

However, the caveat was that Chen Ang lacked sufficient resources and support. Otherwise, as a mad scientist, his destructive potential would multiply exponentially with adequate resources and information. An extensive tactical robot army, tactical nuclear weapons, gene weaponry, and chemical weapons would be enough to give a superpower a headache.

With a few darts, Chen Ang stood in the inspection room. Soon, a coin-sized red dot flashed in a corner nearby. With a swift motion, Chen Ang's foot struck the wall, releasing a few infrared beams. Each dart he threw precisely hit the red dots.

Two more red dots appeared from behind, but without turning, Chen Ang dispatched two more darts, hitting their mark. Red dots appeared rapidly, but Chen Ang's movements, swift and precise, intercepted them effortlessly. With a spin, the silver box on his arm unfurled, releasing a display of silver fireworks and stars.

The expression on Dahan's face registered surprise. He nodded in acknowledgment, "This killing power rivals small-caliber automatic rifles. Mastery over cold weapons that exceeds that of gunpowder weapons, impressive!"

However, he sighed, "But it's not as good as a gun. If you train in those skills, it's better to specialize in hand-to-hand combat!"

"Some places aren't conducive to guns; their use can instill fear. In contrast, these weapons will be far more effective!" Chen Ang retrieved a small crossbow from the box, explaining, "Its range surpasses that of an average rifle, delivering greater impact and, most importantly, it doesn't alarm."

Dahan curiously inspected the peculiar items in the box, reaching out to touch them.

"Don't move! There's a drop of poison potent enough to poison a small town. And a tube that releases 30,000 silver needles—each coated in poison!" Chen Ang cautioned.

"Whoa!" Nervously retracting his hand, Dahan exclaimed, "Are you planning to assassinate the president? If you have something to convey to me, why resort to such items? How on earth are these made?!"

"I call it the Heaven Severing Earth Extinguishing Piercing Heart Penetrating Nail!" Chen Ang closed the box, stating firmly, "My lab is omnipotent!"

Clad in ancient robes and a heavily armed hidden weapon belt beneath, Chen Ang held the small wooden box, resembling a barefoot doctor practicing medicine. Locking the door from inside, he vanished without a trace within this airtight secure room.

1