Chapter 19 Blue Phoenix
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chen Ang chuckled, truly impressed by the audacity of these individuals from the five lakes and four religions, to dare to invoke their own credentials. Under the protection of Sun Moon Divine Cult's reputation, they resembled dogs. Despite their tough facade, most of them still believed they had the upper hand and could control the situation.

"You overestimate yourselves, young lady," Chen Ang remarked casually. "Honestly, despite your few names in Jiang Hu, in my eyes, you're akin to clay chickens and pottery dogs. To work under my command..."

He smiled lightly, turned his hand, and added, "You're not qualified."

His statement was delivered matter-of-factly, as if exchanging pleasantries. There was no hint of mockery or disdain, just the assertion of an undeniable fact.

Though Blue Phoenix restrained her anger, others around her seemed unsettled. A gruff voice slowly intoned, "You refuse our gesture, only to invite punishment!"

As the words dropped, a chilling gust breezed by, aimed directly at Chen Ang's lap. It was a marble-sized iron lotus seed—should it hit anyone else, it would likely crush their knees.

But Chen Ang was no ordinary person.

Swiftly and precisely, he intercepted the iron lotus seed with a swift motion of his right hand, completely ignoring the force that could shatter a yak's knee, and deftly caught the projectile.

Pinching the iron lotus seed between his index finger and thumb, Chen Ang smiled. "Since you're so enthusiastic, I'll return your lotus seeds to you!"

With a swift "chi!", the iron lotus seed exploded. By the time the seed dispersed, everyone could see its trajectory. It had already traveled more than thirty feet away, embedding itself heavily in someone's chest.

With just two fingers, Chen Ang had fired this projectile.

Its speed not only rivaled bullets but its change in trajectory was exceptional. Bullets might turn, but they couldn't swerve seven or eight times and strike someone hidden within a crowd.

But internal force could achieve such feats.

The "ka-cha" of shattered bones echoed. The figure was thrown high before landing like a ragdoll on the ground, creating a bowl-shaped pit. The limbs contorted in agony, suggesting a body with crushed bones.

An iron lotus seed—its strength was terrifying.

Using an iron lotus seed as a precision weapon was no easy feat. Few in Jiang Hu could manage it. Yet, employing an iron lotus seed to execute such a devastating technique, causing the shattered bones within the body, exceeded all expectations.

Blue Phoenix stared wide-eyed, her eyelids twitching.

She recognized this as a renowned weapon from the three religions—an iron lotus seed, known as the "Bone-Breaking Lotus." She had previously thought that the lotus seed wielded by this person was called "Swift." However, witnessing this attack made her realize what "truly swift" meant.

A sturdy armor in its path would be shaken to the core.

In that instant, the disciples outside the evil sect on the ship underwent a drastic transformation. They regrouped, forming clusters of three to five individuals, positioning themselves to strike at Chen Ang using exquisite Xiang Ang techniques.

From a single lotus seed, they understood that the rumors about Chen Ang in Jiang Hu were not just exaggerated—they were grossly underestimated. Chen Ang was ten times more terrifying than the rumors portrayed! Their trap hadn't captured a big fish; it had ensnared a Flood Dragon capable of upending rivers and seas.

"Draw your weapons! Everyone, shoulder your responsibilities!" The Yellow River Ancestors issued an urgent command.

Witnessing Chen Ang's prowess made them realize that idle threats and bluster wouldn't help in this confrontation. In the face of such a formidable opponent, if they didn't throw everything into the fight, willing to fight until death to make Chen Ang sense a real threat to his life, then their strategies would amount to nothing but a mere joke.

Following this directive, disciples from the evil sect outside emerged, brandishing their weapons. In a flash, blades and shadows of saber light enveloped Chen Ang entirely. Zu Qianqiu wielded a ghost-headed blade, its cold edge slicing through the air. The temperature on the field plummeted as the confrontation intensified.

With a light touch of his right hand, seemingly casual, Chen Ang gracefully pointed at the blade's edge, his body floating weightlessly, gliding through the weapon's trajectory, suspended mid-air.

Blue Phoenix gritted her teeth and exclaimed, "Chen Ang, we mean no harm. If you cooperate, your magnanimity will be greatly appreciated!"

"Don't babble," Chen Ang replied nonchalantly, twirling his hands in a flourish. A mere flick overturned one individual. He strolled through the crowd, moving with a leisurely gait. Each move seemed effortless, evading every potential threat. He seemed unperturbed, almost as if strolling through a serene park.

Yet, upon closer inspection, one could discern the subtle changes in Chen Ang's finger technique. With each pointed movement, he concealed seventy to eighty subsequent alterations. The straightforward could barely resist his moves. Any hesitation or delay would result in a finger pointing directly at their acupoints.

Blue Phoenix, dignified and composed, joined the besiege despite her concerns.

She conjured a white mist that engulfed the crowd, causing them to convulse like ghosts.

He yelled, "Blue Phoenix, did you poison me with powder? Look at it and explain!"

Anger flashed in Blue Phoenix's eyes. Observing the man shrieking in agony, she grabbed his hand, slapped him, as he demanded mercy. "Itch! Itch so much! Spare me this time, please!"

Faces contorted with sly expressions, and as Blue Phoenix kicked the man aside, a mist spiraled from her palm, aiming for Chen Ang. But Chen Ang chuckled.

"Blue Phoenix, haven't you forgotten? I am a doctor!"

Blue Phoenix sneered arrogantly. "Doctor? How can Miaojiang's sorcery stand against the Central Plains?"

Chen Ang wore an enigmatic smile. "But if you distrust my medical prowess, why enlist my help in lifting the three-corpse brains? If the Blue Girl doubts, why approach this Central Plains?"

"You..." Blue Phoenix faltered, locking eyes with Chen Ang. With a swift exchange, they parted ways. Standing amidst the smog, Chen Ang maintained a relaxed demeanor. An uninhibited outsider shouted, "Blue Phoenix, what are you doing?"

Before Blue Phoenix could intervene, they dashed forward. Unexpectedly, upon contact with the smoke, they stumbled and collapsed unconscious.

"Why couldn't you hide yourself?" Blue Phoenix inquired, horror evident in her eyes.

"You called this smoke!" Chen Ang chuckled, pointing to the fog. "It pales in comparison to a gentle breeze. It lacks subtlety and taste..." He sniffed disapprovingly. "Its quality is severely lacking!"

"Enough of games!" Chen Ang withdrew a soft sword from his sleeve, shifting his right foot slightly. As if tethered by an invisible string, he ascended, floating several meters above, relying only on the mast and his internal strength, catching the river's breeze.

Blue Phoenix's face twisted, unleashing dozens of poisons, large and small, across her body. However, Chen Ang, like a long rainbow, emitted a sword light from head to toe. The sword's power pervaded the ship's deck.

This sight illustrated how futile her actions were.

Daring to rival the moonlight with a candle flame!

With a sharp hiss and an abrupt force, he disarmed them. Blue Phoenix's poisons dissipated into the sword light, turning into powder. She felt like she was battling towering waves, unable to resist, succumbing to the sea of swords.

Shrill screams resonated from the distant ship. All aboard, rendered defenseless, fell to the deck. Witnessing this, Chen Ang, amid the swords, was awestruck by his own strength.

Arrows as thick as a bowl, glinting with a cold sheen, were aimed at Chen Ang.

Looking up, Chen Ang asked, "You've heard of the gentle breeze I mentioned, haven't you?"

Before anyone could respond, everyone on the left side slumped to the ground, weakened.

Gazing at the incapacitated group on the left, Chen Ang remarked calmly, "As a parting thought, there are many paths, but they often lead to danger."

0