Chapter 21 Confrontation
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sneering at the inquiring day, he launched a barrage of strong iron-palm strikes, transforming into countless phantoms that covered Chen Ang from all angles. With his palms poised in a tiger-claw stance, the ironclad claws exuded an eerie dark blue hue, akin to solid steel.

"I'd like to see what you've got to back up such boastful claims!" he challenged.

The inquiring day swiftly executed a move known as "hungry tigers eat food" with both hands hooking into a formidable attack.

"Very well done!" Chen Ang acknowledged, eyeing the iron claws with keen interest.

His own hands were clean, the nails impeccably maintained, bearing no resemblance to martial arts-trained hands; they appeared more like those of an erudite scholar who had never wielded a pen. In contrast to the iron claws of the inquiring day, Chen Ang's hands seemed akin to stainless steel compared to tofu.

However, these seemingly unremarkable hands concealed a thunderous force.

While the move appeared as a simple Jiang Hu eagle claw hand—a technique commonly taught in local dojos for a modest fee—in Chen Ang's hands, it transformed into a series of intricate maneuvers. With a simple stretch and lock, he unveiled endless variations!

The tiger-claw strike tore through the air with a sharp 'chi!', aimed directly at Chen Ang's chest, intending to overwhelm him. Yet, before it could reach its mark, Chen Ang's right hand swiftly intercepted it. He met the tiger claws with an agile and decisive countermove, resembling a poison dragon emerging from its den, swift and devastating.

The speed of this maneuver left spectators unable to react in time. In the blink of an eye, a flurry of hand movements concluded with Chen Ang trapping the inquiring day's tiger claws between his fingers, exerting immense pressure. This unforeseen countermove forced the inquiring day to relinquish his tiger claws, acknowledging Chen Ang's skill in eagle claw technique.

The inquiring day's hand felt a jolt as if it had collided with an impenetrable wall. Despite attempting to divert his force to the most challenging point, the old force didn't avail. Uncomfortable yet resolute, he attempted to break free but found Chen Ang's grip tightened, his hand locking the inquiring day's wrist.

Caught off guard, the inquiring day's expression turned pale. He attempted to evade, yet found himself unexpectedly ensnared by Chen Ang's uncanny movements. Despite his determined resistance, when Chen Ang applied a new force before the old one had exhausted, the unexpected twist proved overwhelming. A wrenching pain spread through the inquiring day's body, rendering him immobilized, his legs buckling under the intense agony.

Witnessing the grappling, Qu Feiyan exclaimed, "Different bones!"

Collapsed and unable to move, the inquiring day lay at Chen Ang's feet, realizing defeat. He murmured with a tinge of regret, "His martial arts prowess is formidable; he's outmatched me in just a few moves. Coupled with his skillful skeletal manipulation..."

Bitterly reflecting on his defeat, he continued, "I'm afraid my prospects for surpassing him are slim! He's truly an unparalleled talent in the world, akin only to the unbeaten in the East. Despite my age and experiences, I might not measure up to him. Whether someone will surpass him in the future remains uncertain, but his feats will be hard to rival!"

Blue Phoenix, holding the Qingfeng sword, gazed into the distance and addressed the sky with a gentle smile, "How are you holding up, Left?"

The inquiring day offered a wry smile, self-deprecatingly responding, "Just a stray dog, nothing more. Blue Phoenix, what brings you here before the revered Auntie?"

"Hehe!" Blue Phoenix masked her smile, retorting, "Left to the left, don't play coy with me. I don't believe you're unaware of the events that transpired on the Yangtze River that day—where the slaves were defeated!"

"I've heard murmurs, but it's hard to believe that you, who were once part of the Hundred Men, could face such a setback," replied the inquiring day, still skeptical.

"To think a frog in a well could know so little of the world's martial arts! Rumor has it that most of you were felled by a dose of medicine, and only a few succumbed to swords. From the looks of it, his swordsmanship must be quite terrifying!" observed the inquiring day, his eyes glinting oddly.

Blue Phoenix seemed lost in thought, her gaze fixed on the horizon as she murmured, "His sword technique is even more formidable than what I witnessed today! I've never seen such unnerving swordplay—never imagined a sword method this intimidating!"

Listening intently, the inquiring day's eyes flickered with a peculiar light, musing to himself, "Is there truly such a terrifying swordplay?"

"Only as I've recounted," affirmed Blue Phoenix.

"Hahaha!" The inquiring day erupted in laughter, his body convulsing. Blue Phoenix rushed to restrain him, cautioning, "Are you trying to bring about your own demise? Calm down!"

The inquiring day disregarded her warning, focusing solely on the laughter. Indignant, Qu Feiyan stepped forward and grabbed a snack, attempting to shove it into his mouth. Blue Phoenix hurriedly intervened, whispering urgently, "Younger Sister Qu, don't provoke him!"

It was a rare display of tenderness from her, surprising Qu Feiyan, who questioned, "You have no ties with him. Why intervene?"

"He's the Uncle of the Holy Ghost and has looked after the Saint Aunt. I owe the Holy Ghost a great debt, so I must care for him," sighed Blue Phoenix as she tended to the inquiring day's needs.

At the mention of Ren Yingying's name, Qu Feiyan withdrew her hand, admonishing him, "Consider yourself fortunate this time, out of respect for the Aunt. This time, I'll spare you!" With that, she adjusted his joints.

Though still immobile, he felt slightly better. Smiling, he refused Blue Phoenix's support, struggling to rise from the table. His expression mirrored that of a stoic hero, exuding genuine ease.

Chen Ang handed him a bowl of wine. Grasping it with his teeth, he took a sip, causing most of it to spill on his chest. He bellowed, "I've said it before! I might appear disloyal, but when it comes to major issues, I'm betrayed by those I considered brothers!"

"I've admitted my villainy; it's fitting. My loyalty to life and death might seem mercurial, but I will sacrifice for my master's greater cause. Even if it means betraying my brothers," he declared passionately.

"You're forthright and unapologetic!" Chen Ang raised his glass, nodding in acknowledgment, then took a sip.

Suddenly, the joviality waned, and the inquiring day fixed his gaze on Chen Ang. "Brother Chen seeks to eliminate me today, a life-or-death adversary. Yet, can we set aside this enmity for the sake of teaching the master's greater cause? I have significant news to impart to you!"

"Is the Demon Sect seeking trouble with me?" Chen Ang asked with a faint smile. "I've disrupted their lifeline with the Three Corpse. I'm sure they're seeking me out!"

"It's more than that!" replied the inquiring day with a smile. "The gods are displeased. Brother Chen, even amid our life-and-death enmity, they've organized a showdown, not just sending their Ten Elders but also the Thirteen Guardians of Laoshan, waiting outside the city for you!"

"Ah, the Left Master of the Lushan Faction isn't just a mere villain. It appears that I'll have to deal with both the Demon Sect and him. They've cunningly laid a trap, but little did they know that I've already surpassed their bounds," Chen Ang remarked indifferently.

"You seem to know them better than I do. Reflecting now, it seems Zuo Leng Zen would indeed resort to such tactics. Yet, if they're as sly as foxes, they failed to anticipate that Brother Chen ensnared in their trap would sprout wings and soar," laughed the inquiring day, tears streaming down his face.

"You know there's no need to provoke me! The Demon Cult's Ten Elders and the Lushan Faction are adversaries of Yingyingying. However, trusting Ren Yingying, you aimed to use my hand to eliminate them. That's why Ren Yingying swiftly organized this major confrontation!" Chen Ang gazed at the inquiring day with a colder demeanor, then suddenly smiled.

"In that case, I'll oblige, as per your wish, to confront the experts from these two factions!" Chen Ang smiled as he rose, taking the long sword from Blue Phoenix's hands and bidding farewell to the inquiring day.

"Aren't you going to kill me?" the inquiring day suddenly asked.

"I generally don't fancy killing; people are the world's assets. You never know what surprise they might bring. To ask the sky, I have a medical manuscript awaiting publication, detailing my martial medical arts. I hope you'll study it meticulously, forgetting to eat and sleep, delving deep into its unique aspects!"

"Next time we meet, I hope you'll surprise me!" Chen Ang's silhouette receded into the distance, his voice lingering in the air, while the inquiring day gazed at the clear tiger paw print on the table. Suddenly, he burst into laughter, his demeanor changing, and stood up abruptly.

He ran his hand over the tiger claw marks, softer now than before. Tears trickled down his face, a mix of laughter and sobs. He struggled, then tore the imprinted paper from the table, cradling it close, and rushed out.

0