Chapter 55
334 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first class soon came to an end. Isla and Sila didn't wait around for long. Although they knew they couldn't hide from the people coming for them, if they could spend one more day in peace, they'd do exactly that.

Because of their strength and talent, the twins were given one of the better yards in the academy. Like their house in Rusvil, it was a quaint, two storey brick house.

The yard was surrounded by a black iron fence, that shone brilliantly in the sun. A spell clearly endowed on it that would block entry from anyone who hadn't been registered to the yard.

Isla and Sila returned to their residence and closed the gate, choosing to directly ignore the prying eyes outside.

Outside the yard, multiple groups were watching the gate. The twins of the Drenswick family, as well as the Princess of the royal family all had their servants standing a distance away from Isla and Sila's yard.

The princess was ordered by her father and brothers to let them know whenever the two women left the yard. She wasn't well favoured among the children of the Emperor, but her age and talent fit the requirements for the academy. And she was the only woman that could have a yard close to them.

They had not let her know why the twins were so important, but she wasn't stupid. When she first saw the two sets of twins, she could easily guess that Isla and Sila were Drenswicks, but she didn't understand why her family was so adamant in accepting them.

It wasn't until she saw their guarded actions towards everyone that she finally knew the reason. The two didn't have any contact with the Drenswick family. They were not in the family's registry. But that still didn't explain why the two were so coveted.

It was her mother that contacted her, to tell her the reason. Although her mother isn't favoured, but she comes from a strong military family. So her father still has to show her grandfather a bit of respect. She vaguely remembered that in Etrida in the past, there was tale of the ancestor of the Drenswick family's legacy left for their descendant. Who would've guessed that they tried so hard to find the person that received the blessing. The ancestor was a man, so they thought his successor would also be one. Not expecting that their actions had been found out, and the Emperor thought that the person was in the group headed for the academy.

The only difference is that they all expected it to be a man, until they received a report that included the talent level of all the people from Etrida and further. The strongest being two women that hailed from a village near Rusvil.

Realising their mistake, the elders who had already sent the young men of the family, hastily pulled out the twin sisters, that were born by the aunt of Isla and Sila.

They were wondering if Isla and Sila were actually the inheritors, wanting to test them first. But when they saw the very similar appearance of the two sets of twins, they had already confirmed their suspicions.

Now the two noble families wanted to fight for these unclaimed twins. With the benefit of the ancestor of the Drenswick family, the two whose talent was already enough to reach the diamond rank; in their lifetime, will obviously grow even stronger than that.

The princess didn't care much about the enmity between the two families, she held no love for her father and half siblings, nor did she hold any hatred for the Drenswicks. She just wanted to fight for the chance to get stronger. She was talented enough to be in the range of perfect affinity, but because of the rivalry between the wives of the Emperor, she with an unfavoured mother, was suppressed when she tried to ask for training.

Now because of these twins, she can come to the academy to learn. Perhaps she can even find a teacher that will take her in as a a disciple. To her, Isla and Sila are her lucky charms. She will basically follow the orders of her half brothers, but for the twins that have given her the chance to grow, she won't do anything detrimental. Regardless of what those brothers of hers want.

She sat their drinking tea, immersed in the knowledge on magic that she was free to borrow from the academy's library.

On the other side, the two sisters of the Drenswick family were resting in the living room of their personal yard. The two were doing their own things. Sen was focused on the letters in her hand. Writing the responses to the senders. While Sin was laying listlessly on the couch opposite her sister.

Sin, bored of laying there suddenly broke the silence, "How should we get close to them? The two are obviously very defensive against us in particular."

Sen frowned, but continued to write in silence.

Sin didn't seem to see her sister's annoyed expression, continuing to speak "Our cousins keep coming to ask me to let us get closer to them, so as to facilitate a meeting with the elders. Do you know how fucking tired I am, dealing with those idiots?"

Sen finally put down her pen and looked up at Sin, seeing her sister's gradually darkening expression, she sighed. Standing up and walking over to Sin, she sat down and gently caressed the woman whose eyes had started to show madness,"I know you're angry. But we just need to be patient right now. Just prevaricate those useless things from the family, and maybe we can try explain our situation to those two.

I don't think they'll be too adverse to cooperating with us, after all, we just want to be free from the shackles of this family".

Sin hearing her sister's explanation started to regain her sanity, the eyes that had turned blood red, finally returning to their original colour. She rested her head on Sen's lap, enjoying the feeling of her sister playing with her hair. Finally calming the burgeoning murderous intent, she replied "As you wish, sister. But I don't know how long I can continue this. I find myself beginning to lose control more often nowadays."

Sen looked down worriedly, "I'm sorry, Sin. If only I was stronger, we wouldn't be forced to hide like this".

"It's not your fault, sister. We were feared by them ever since we were kids. They never gave us the chance to grow, but it seems they've forgotten what we are. Letting us out, aren't they just asking us to retaliate against them?" Sin said, an evil sneer spreading across her face. 

24