Chapter 10
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we gathered ourselves after the battle, my father pulled me to one side. "By Crom, boy," he said, a glimmer of pride in his voice. "You fought like a true warrior out there today."

I grinned, but my expression soon darkened. "But we still have to find their leader," I said. "We can't let him slip through our grasp again."

My father nodded, his expression grave. "Aye, we'll keep searching. But we must be wary. The enemy won't make it easy for us."

We pressed on, ever vigilant for the enemy's next move. But no matter how hard we searched, we could find no trace of their leader. It was as if he had vanished into thin air.

My frustration grew with each passing day. "He's always one step ahead of us," I muttered to myself. "It's as if he knows our every move."

One day, as we rested in a small village, we heard whispers of a wizard who dwelled in the nearby mountains. They say he could see the future and predict the movements of his enemies.

I saw this as an opportunity. "We must seek out this wizard," I declared. "He may be our only chance of defeating the enemy."

We set out for the mountains, knowing full well the dangers that lay ahead. The journey would be fraught with peril, but we were determined to do whatever it takes to win this war.

As we made our way towards the mountains, my trusted friend and I scouted ahead. But just as we thought we were safe, we heard the rustling of leaves.

In the blink of an eye, we were surrounded by the enemy's soldiers. They had been lying in wait, biding their time for the perfect moment to strike. By Crom, we were in for a fight.

Tristan sprang to action, his blade flashing in the sun as he cried out to me, "Get back, lad! I'll hold these fiends at bay!" I marveled at the young warrior's courage as he engaged multiple foes, his skillful swordplay carving a path through the enemy ranks.

Yet, their numbers were too great, and more emerged from the trees, threatening to overwhelm us. We were cornered, with no hope of escape.

But then, a deafening roar shattered the air, like thunder rolling through the sky. Suddenly, a colossal dragon soared over the treetops, raining down a blaze of fire upon the enemy, sending them scattering in panic.

Tristan seized the opportunity, his determination renewed as he battled with ferocity, striking down foe after foe with his mighty blade. Just as he was about to vanquish the last of them, a shadowy figure emerged from the depths of the forest.

It was the enemy leader, a towering brute with a menacing grin. "You're no match for me, boy," he sneered.

Tristan gritted his teeth, his eyes ablaze with fury as he charged towards the tyrant, his sword held high. But in a flash, the villain vanished into thin air, leaving Tristan to vent his wrath upon the empty space before him.

We were left panting and drained, but we knew that our quest was far from over. We had to find the wizard and put an end to the enemy's evil once and for all.

Without a word, Tristan sprinted towards the mountains, ignoring my pleas to wait for the others. He had a score to settle, and he would settle it alone.

For hours he ran, his heart pounding in his chest, his feet pounding the ground beneath him. He could not afford to rest, to slow down, for he was consumed with the need to catch up to his foe.

Finally, he reached the base of the mountain range, his eyes fixed on a trail leading upwards. It was the path his enemy had taken, and he would follow it to the end, no matter the cost.

With grim determination, he began to climb, his fingers gripping the jagged rocks, his feet seeking purchase on the perilous ledges.

As I ascended the rugged peak, the gusts grew more savage, threatening to fling me off balance. But I persevered, driving myself harder with every step.

At last, I reached the mountain's summit, where the enemy was perched on the edge of a cliff, surveying the valley below.

I strode forward, my sword held high. "You won't slip away from me again," I declared, my voice ringing with resolute fervor.

The adversary turned to face me, his gaze icy and calculating. "You believe you can take me on single-handedly?" he scoffed.

I made no reply, but sprang towards him, my blade gleaming in the sun's rays.

We clashed, our weapons resounding in a chaotic din. But I sensed my strength ebbing, my limbs growing feeble. The adversary was too potent, too skilled.

In a flash, he dispatched my sword with a swift strike. I staggered backwards, barely regaining my footing.

The villain advanced, brandishing his weapon high. I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the killing stroke.

Yet it never arrived. When I opened my eyes, my comrades were arrayed behind the foe, swords drawn and fierce determination on their faces.

"Tristan, you're not alone," one of them affirmed, his voice unshakable.

As one, we launched ourselves towards the enemy, our blades flashing in the sunlight. This time, he would not elude us.

 

 

0