Chapter 10 – Let’s Kill Some Cattle (Axel – First Person)
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Its alright, it is just an oversized cow." I said to myself trying to calm myself down.

Just then the huge beast let out a bellow, a foul stench filled the space. I still cannot figure out how that was possible, since the room was the size of 10 football fields.

"An oversized, carnivorous cow", I stood corrected. I jumped and lashed at the Minotaur's eyes with my Excalibur. It somehow twisted away. I immediately moved out and struck its calf muscles. It let out a scream in pain and tried to swat at me, a club appeared in its hand out of nowhere. I jumped back.

I could see that it was getting frustrated more and more. I smiled to myself, this was going to be a piece of cake but I spoke too soon. I again swung my sword aiming at its legs, but this time it avoided the slash and brought down the club it was holding.

"Shit", I muttered to myself, I had managed to get out of the way but the club had grazed my chest. It had started bleeding.

I smirked, I had no reason for any worries.

"Activate Skill: Time Reversal!" I said and waited for my body to heal itself but nothing happened. I repeated the command, then a alert popped up.

SPECIAL SKILL: TIME REVERSAL - UNDER COOLDOWN

TIME UNTIL NEXT USE: 23 HOURS AND 17 MINUTES.

"FUCK!!" I screamed, the beast again charged, I was caught by surprise. Terror rushed through me, I had frozen.

WARNING! YOU HAVE BEEN AFFLICTED BY STATUS AILMENT - FEAR.

Dammit, what was I supposed to do? I felt hope draining from me, I should have just stayed put at the entrance, now I was going to die here, alone and helpless. I watched as the Minotaur started to bring down its club.

SKILL 'STEEL HEART' HAS BEEN ACTIVATED

YOU HAVE BEEN CURED OF STATUS AILMENT - FEAR.

Suddenly, I was able to move again, I rolled out of the way, just as the club bulldozed into the ground with a tremendous crash.

"Woo! That was a close one" I sighed in relief. I had completely forgotten about Steel Heart. I again raised my sword to fight, but my knees buckled, I looked down, I was losing a lot of blood.

WARNING! CONTENDER IS LOW ON BLOOD

"Thanks, I didn't realize" I muttered sarcastically.

SWITCHING TO BATTLE MODE IS RECOMMENDED.

Wait? Battle Mode? What was that? I had something like that?

"Of course, you dumbass", a voice chided me, I sharply turned my head but did not find anyone.

"Who is it?" I asked, I didn't have time for this, the monster was getting ready to attack again.

"My name is Scout, I am the AI of the Supreme System and you are my master", the voice said.

"You mean... my task window?" I asked, honestly all this was just so confusing.

"Exactly, at least you are not as mentally retarded as you seemed at first", Scout scoffed.

Ouch, that stupid AI just insulted me like I was a stupid kid who asked what colour oranges were ( strangely specific I know. Bad memories die hard ) but I had no time to argue I needed to make a move now, the Minotaur had started charging.

"SCOUT, INTAITE BATTLE MODE!". I yelled.

"Roger, initiating Battle Mode", he chirped ( Yep I just assumed an AI's gender by listening to its voice. Go on, judge me ).

BATTLE MODE INITIATING...

"Scout...", the Minotaur was really close and I was placing all my trust in an AI, which I had met just a minute ago.

BATTLE MODE INITIATED!

Suddenly, I was pushed back and... out? I realized with horror that my body was left were it was and something like an astral projection of me was pushed out of my own body. It was like I had entered Third Person POV of my own body.

"What the hell is this Scout?" I demanded.

"You have successfully initiated Battle Mode", Scout tittered.

"But I am not even in my own body anymore", I said, I was starting to get agitated.

"Just observe" Scout said, "I will do the fighting for you".

I looked up and saw my body fighting by itself. My eyes were glowing in a lightning blue colour and my face was fixed in a twisted grin, I looked like a madman. I cringed, but to be honest something seemed to be working. I parried the Minotaur's club.

"Moo...?" It looked as surprised as I was. I ( Scout? ) jumped up like some athlete and pulled one of the cleanest strike and cracked the skull of the Minotaur easily with a single bash from the blunt side of my sword.

It staggered on its feet, Scout was not letting up, he aggressively followed through, with wide and reckless slashes to both its arms and legs in an arc. The Minotaur was getting brutally destroyed, Scout soon brought it to its knees.

"This is as far as I go master", said Scout.

"Huh, what do you mean?" I asked, "Finish that thing off", I was having fun hovering around.

"I am banned from killing any creature myself, so you have to deal the finishing blow." he replied.

"Alright, then close the Battle Mode", I complied.

BATTLE MODE TURNING OFF.

YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY TURNED OFF BATTLE MODE.

I gasped as I was thrown back into my body, it was being sucked into a vacuum and immediately I doubled over in pain, my entire body was aching.

"Scout, what the hell did you do?!" I yelled.

"I simply was utilizing the maximum potential of your body, that's what the Battle Mode is about", Scout retorted.

"But, it hurts like shit, do something", I said, gritting my teeth.

"Tch... humans are so high maintenance, STATUS RECOVERY", suddenly I felt energy surging through me. I felt completely recovered.

"Thanks", I muttered. I turned to the Minotaur, it was on its knees. It looked at me with a pitiful look in its eyes, pleading to spare its life. Something stirred inside me, I felt sorry for the beast, it did not wish to be here, nor was it my wish to kill it, it was simply an unnecessary victim of the Game Master's diabolical plans.

ACTIVATING STEEL HEART

YOU HAVE BEEN CURED OF STATUS AILMENT 'MERCY'

My heart hardened again and I ended the poor beast's misery with a single slash of my blade. I turned even before its head fell to the floor.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE QUEST 'THE LABYRINTH'

YOU HAVE RECIEVED THE REWARDS FOR THE COMPLETITION OF THE QUEST

"Finally, the next special skill", I rubbed my hands in anticipation.

YOU HAVE OBTAINED SPECIAL SKILL ' ONE MAN ARMY ' AND 100 ATTRIBUTE POINTS.

Man, again a cool sounding skill.

"But, I sure wish I knew what it did", I wondered out loud.

"Opening skill details", said Scout.

I jerked my head up in surprise. "What?! I could have just looked for its details all along?" I asked.

"Sure could have, you idiot" Scout chided again. This AI loved to insult me.

I decided to ignore it for the time being, "Why didn't you say earlier?"

"You never asked" That was true, I didn't even know Scout existed 15 minutes ago.

"Then show me this new skill's details", I said.

"But you have to distribute your attribute points first", Scout said.

"Attribute points? What do you mean?" I asked.

OPENING ATTRIBUTE WINDOW

Suddenly a new window opened up. It showed different sections of my abilities like, strength, endurance, agility, intelligence and something called Magix Points.

"These are your attributes, you can distribute the attribute points according to your needs." Scout said.

"That means I can increase any of my stats anytime?" I asked

"Yes, this is an feature restricted to Supreme System" Scout said, but something was not feeling right about that statement, a clouded memory was troubling me. I couldn't figure out what it was. I shrugged it off and turned to the window but before I could start I heard a voice.

"Congratulations on defeating the Minotaur, you are truly a remarkable young man" I turned and looked at the person who spoke.

Realization dawned on my face and I muttered, "Osiris..."

The man smiled, "Come let's speak".

0