Chapter 15 – I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT’S GOING ON!!! ( Axel – First Person )
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was standing alone in a dungeon, just before the boss room and to make matters worse it was an A tier dungeon. This gave me really bad vibes, especially since the last time I was in a dungeon my companion had died.

"How did I get myself into this?", I held my head and moaned. I remembered Arnold asking me to accompany him. He said something about testing my potential, I had nodded and then here I was - clearing an entire dungeon on my own. The initial stages were easy, I wiped the lesser goblins and the trolls within 10 minutes and had made steady progress towards the boss room and here I was standing before that very boss room. Arnold had promised me that some very "esteemed individuals" would be interested to meet me id I cleared the dungeon. I bet that they are the various guilds who had already approached me ever since my rating had been made public. They were very persistent, even going as far as to infiltrating my room that had been provided to me by the Chairman of The Hunter's Association.

And here I was, away from all the comforts, fighting in this useless place.

I sighed at my bad luck as I pushed the door open. I entered the boss room, it smelled suspiciously like rotting flesh. I screwed up my nose in disgust and peeked into the darkness, suddenly a snorting sound erupted.

"Pfft... A mere human daring to enter my great den", I heard a voice echo around the room.

"Well, if you are so great why don't you show your face?" I put on a brave front but inside I was quacking in fear. I had come across an Untamable Monster, one of the only sub classes of monsters that could actually trouble the higher ranked Hunters. It was also among the only species which could speak and I was going to face it alone, I could easily run out of the dungeon, but that could seriously injure my pride and I had nothing to worry about today. I grinned at the status window.

TIME REVERSAL - COOLDOWN COMPLETED.

"Put 50 attribute points into agility, 70 into strength and the rest into endurance Scout", I commanded.

"What sort of nonsense are you mumbling human", spoke the monster as it came into the light. My heart fell into my shoes. It was a Larger Wyvern, it was clearly depicted in my manual, a sub species of the dragon class, wyverns were more agile and had more speed as compared to dragons but lacked firepower, there was a single exception to this the Larger Wyverns, speed mixed with destructive offense, this was the ultimate threat. This wyvern was over 12 feet long, black in colour and had golden eyes which bore into me.

"Let's see what you have puny human", it said.

I grinned at the beast.

"Scout activate, ' Illusion of Shadows ' and 'One Man Army ' ", I said.

"The asked technique and skill had been activated, you have the gained the following stat boosts,

YOUR AGILITY HAS BEEN INCREASED BY 120, ALL OTHER ATTRIBUTES HAVE BEEN INCREASED BY 30

YOU CAN ALSO CALL UPON A DEITY BUT THIS WILL NULLIFY THE EFFECT OF ' ONE MAN ARMY ' ", Scout announced.

"No need for a deity, I will take care of this giant fly by myself", I smiled as I saw the message that had just popped up.

HIGHER WYVERN - TIER A

DIFFICULTY - VERY EASY

REWARDS UPON DEFEATING: 30 ATTRIBUTE POINTS AND ALSO 2500 EXP.

I mentally cheered as I lunged towards the wyvern, my speed was almost exhilarating, dust flew from the ground as I kicked off, followed by a tremendous boom. The walls of the room shook in reverberation.

"Wha-?" The Wyvern started, I cut it off - literally! I cut its front leg along with its right wing in a single slash.

"WHAT SORT OF WITCHCRAFT IS THIS!?" The monster raged, "HOW CAN A MERE HUMAN DEFEAT ME, THE KING OF WYVERNS?", I smiled as I jumped right in front of the wyvern, it was not able to fly and was rooted to the ground.

"Like this", I whispered into its ears as I brought down my sword.

It took longer to reach the entrance of the dungeon than I thought it would. Arnold and Chairman Edward looked in shock as I emerged from the portal.

Arnold pointed in shock behind me and it seemed like Chairman Edward had trouble breathing, they both stared in horror at me. I guess I should have just the wyvern's corpse inside but I figured it would sell for a lot.

"Wha... what sort of a monster are you?" Arnold stuttered.

I shrugged, "I am just a normal Hunter". I smiled at them both.

"Like hell you are" Chairman Edward looked on at the huge wyvern's corpse. He was an aging man but his look may be deceptive, this old man was one of the greatest Hunter the world had ever seen ( that was what Scout said ). He was about 5 feet 7 inches and had a silvery, white moustache which he was really proud of.

I said, "Shall we go now, I am feeling really hungry", I really enjoyed my newfound powers, it gave me a lot of authority. Arnold nodded, he respectfully opened the door of the black SUV we had come in. I smiled gratefully at him and was just about to sit in the car when I realized my mind blanking. A searing pain shot through my head. I gasped as the air was knocked out of my lungs. I turned towards Arnold, he sensed something was wrong, he turned towards Mr. Edwards and yelled something at him. I was only able to catch the words, "In trouble..." , "Call the headquarters...", "Send healer...." and I completely blanked out.

AN ANOMALY WAS DISCOVERED IN THE SYSTEM

AN ERROR IS DETECTED

USER IS BEING TRANSFERRED TO A DIFFERENT SYSTEM

CONNECTING TO SYSTEM 2042

I groaned as my head started to throb even more.

USER HAS REACHED DESTINATION.

The system threw me down with a thud onto the ground. I looked around and my mind froze when I saw the sight before me.

YOU HAVE BEEN TRANSPORTED TO SYSTEM 2042 - YARDIANA

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED SPECIAL EVENT - THE SEVEN TRIALS

YOU HAVE OBTAINED A NEW QUEST - 'PROTECTOR OF THE INNOCENT'

Huge monsters descended from the skies, I saw people being slaughtered without mercy and the thing that shocked me the most?

I looked down at my hands, then at the mirror in front of me.

I had turned into a girl...

0