Chapter Six
155 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was at the so called 'gym,' more like gladiatorial arena, for what I assumed was the final class of the day. Hopefully. I didn't have my gun, or dagger, so I pretty much felt fucked. You would not believe the amount of fucked I felt. It was like an intimidating high school bully, who was sent to juvenile-detention for murder, had challenged me to a fight to the death.

The bully was also super buff, knew several different kinds of martial arts, and also brings knifes to school. That is about how fucking fucked I fucking felt. So I was standing there, trying my best not to shit my pants. My face was pale, well paler than usual. "Goddammit Robert! How many times do I have to tell you that you can't start duels between the students when they haven't even unlocked their spiritual armor yet!"

I turned to the source of the angered yelling. What I found was a T H I C C elven woman, looking about in her 30's, but she was probably much older than that. She was wearing light green robes you would expect a mage to wear, along with a rather large witch hat. She had a very beautiful, mature face with crystal green eyes. I turned to inspect who she was yelling at.

I found our 'gym' teacher on the receiving end. Since I didn't take the time to inspect him earlier, like I had done in all my previous classes, I decided that I might as well. He was SUPER buff human, like if he flexed I'm pretty sure all his clothes would get ripped. He wore plate armor at certain points along his body, like his shins and arms.

Hope was starting to swell up inside of me, was I going to get to skip this?! Or at least get some kind of protection beforehand? "Oh come on Reila! Can't you let this slide just once?" Asked Robert. "No! At least let me unlock their spirit armor beforehand!" She responded to Robert. "Oh fine! Just make it quick, I haven't seen a good duel since last year!"

Reila, who I deduced the name of thanks to Robert, began to silently go up to each student, placing a hand on their chests, covering them in a bright light. When the light faded, said students was covered in different kinds of armor. It looked as if each student was pleased with their armor, so I couldn't wait until I got mine.

She was about halfway done when she got to me. Placing a hand over my chest, I could hear her chanting something in an unrecognizable language. My vision was covered in a bright light, like when I first summoned my flying fortress. When the light faded I noticed that everything seemed.... Shorter.

Breathing in, I noticed something covering my face. In fact it covered my whole body, not leaving a single piece of me exposed. It was then that I saw this pop up in front of my face.

 

/////EXOSKELETON ACTIVATION PROTOCOL ENGAGED\\\\\
/////THRUSTERS ONLINE\\\\\

/////COOLANT AND HYDRAULICS ONLINE\\\\\

/////NEURAL LINK ONLINE\\\\\\

/////SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS ONLINE\\\\\

/////REACTOR ONLINE\\\\\

/////ROBOTIC SYSTEMS ONLINE\\\\\

/////ALL SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL\\\\\

 

My 'spirit armor' is a fucking exoskeleton?! That's freaking awesome! Looking down at my hands, I saw my hands were covered in a black metal armor, both protective, light, and flexible. Looking down even further, I saw the reason why I was so tall. Attached to the bottom of my feet were thick, foot long, digitigrade stilts.

They looked like they were designed to absorb the damage taken from a large drop. Then I noticed what was on my HUD. There was an overview of my armor on the bottom left of my vision, but it wasn't big enough to hinder my sight. Next to it was a blue bar with an electricity symbol. The rest was just two blue lines, one at the top of my vision and one on the bottom, most likely they were just for aesthetics.

After inspecting my armor for as long as I desired, I noticed that everyone was staring at me while they whispered amongst themselves. Great, more rumors. Reila had already moved onto the next students. Looking back at my friends, I found that Reila already gave them their armor.

Grace had a skintight grey suit with light armor on her arms and legs. Gwyndolin had the opposite, she was covered head to toe in heavy armor, it looked impenetrable. I then began to wait for what came next. Now seeing the duels ahead in a much brighter way now that I have armor....


(Time-skip brought to you by chibi Grace getting fitted for a robotic arm by chibi North)

Everyone eventually stopped talking about me and resumed chatting amongst themselves. Gwyndolin, being a lot more social than me or Grace, joined in on the conversation. Once Reila gave the last of the students their spirit armor, Robert immediately announced, "Alright! Shut up shucker fucks it's time to beat each other up!!"

I then realized that both Robert and Reila had a little too much dirt in their mouths to be teachers here, but then again this is another world, so things are obviously going to be different. "You and you! Get on over to the arena and fight!" He pointed to me and another person. Speaking of said other person....

"Heh. So you're going to be my opponent! You may be a rather unique one, but nobody is greater than the Livitae bloodline! So why don't you give up now and spare your pride!" Said the Jackass, his voice young and full of arrogance and pride. Looking at him, I began to inspect him and perhaps figure out the cause of his arrogance. His spirit armor was a mix of plate and chainmail armor with a divine white coloration and heroic design.

Shame that it didn't represent who he truly was. Or perhaps he is like that, and hides it behind a mask for some reason. "I would suggest that you put away your arrogance before someone gets hurt, most likely you." I replied to the Jackass, yes I'm calling him a Jackass. I began to make my way to the arena. "Perhaps you do not know who I am. I am Luxia Livitae the third! My father took down the Dragon of Ancients and my mother countless of monsters! You will not win. Shall not!"

He began to rave to me about how great his family was while walking towards the arena. Getting onto the sand, me and Jackass were a distance apart, ready for a duel. "Then let's see who is better, Jackass." I made sure to say the last word in English. "Yes, let's!" I could practically feel the smile radiating off of him.

"Wait a minute, where are our weapons?" I asked, realizing that both of us were unarmed. I then felt something hit my head, two things. Looking down, I found my pistol and dagger. Looking at where they were thrown from, I found a smug Layla. I smiled under my exoskeletons helmet.

Picking the two weapons up, I held my gun in my right hand and the dagger in the other. Holding up the dagger, I rested my right arm on the left to give myself a little more accuracy while also allowing a quick reaction for melee combat. Looking at my opponent, I found him holding a GIGANTIC sword that was twice the size of him.

I will have to keep my distance from him. His sword matched the same style as his armor. "Ready!" Said Robert, I responded with turning off the safety for my gun. "Set!" Jackass responded with getting into some stance. "Fight!" He charged towards me. I decided to at least get a few pop shots on him.

I let three rounds get loose on him. He immediately fell to the ground, but got up right after. His armor was good enough to block bullets, but most likely those three shots will give him some nasty bruises. He was trembling most likely with rage. I decided to get a quick victory. I pulled the trigger and another shot went flying towards him.

He quickly raised his sword. A, what I assumed was, shield spell was cast, blocking the bullet. But I still cracked it. To which made my opponent was visibly surprised. But he quickly shook it off and went charging at me. I already knew that I wasn't going to beat him in a melee.

"Ok, how the hell do I turn on my thrusters?!" I planned on flying above him or flanking him for a better shot. I could've used some levitation, but then again I do not know how it would work, and I don't want to get beaten to a bloody pulp, so I decided to test it later. A convenient 'notification' popped up on the right side of my screen. Which basically said to just 'will' the thrusters into firing and they'll do it.

I did just that, and thankfully right when he almost tackled me. I blasted a couple of meters up into the air. Though while I willed them to keep hovering, it seemed like they couldn't hover in the air. Falling back down to the ground, I decided to take advantage of this and jumped off of Jackass's helmet, damaging his posture and also gaining some distance.

Raising my gun, I fired the rest of the clip into his back. He let out an audible scream, but quickly recovered. He was on his knees, breathing heavily. "I refuse.... I cannot loose. CANNOT!!" He then exploded in rage. Standing up, he quickly rushed at me. How the hell was he still standing?!

Unfortunately it looked like I couldn't finish him off at range, so I was forced to resort to go into a melee. I instinctively put my gun on my hip, thankfully though it attached magnetically. I switched my dagger to my right hand. As he was running at me with a primal fury, I decided to pull a nope and get the fuck away!

I began to immediately sprinting away, I also found out that I could use my thrusters as well, making me even faster. We went on like this for who knows how long until my opponent started getting tired. When he took a moment to catch his breath, I struck. Using everything I had I immediately rushed at him.

He noticed this and raised his sword to block the attack. Using my thrusters again, I leaped over him, leaving him completely open. But he was faster than I realized, turning to face me he also swung his sword at the same time. Thankfully I ducked under the swing. Due to his fatigue he left himself open for attack.

Immediately, I thrusted my dagger at his throat, mere centimeters from letting his blood free from his neck. Honestly, I almost went through with it, as his rage awakened some... Memories. With an audible growl, my opponent said with a scowl, "Fine, you win." And dropped his sword. I pulled the dagger away from his neck and let out a sigh. For all that running and fighting, mostly running, I barely broke a sweat. Guess that's the advantage of an exoskeleton, it does all the work for you.

"You fucker... You fight with no honor!" Said Jackass. "Where I come from, we put victory before honor. You wouldn't understand..." I responded to Jackass. For once, he seemed to put away his arrogance and stayed silent. I walked back off the stage. "What a wonderful performance! He got zero hits on you, but try to hold back next time, I actually want to have a show!" Roared Robert.

I didn't respond to this and went straight to Layla. "My mother would like to meet you now." She said with a smile. "Where?" I asked. "Just follow me, you can bring your friends along if you like." She responded. I searched around for my only friends in this world. Grace obviously wanted to come with me, while Gwyndolin was just starting to get nervous of battle and came along.

Another question popped in my head. How could Grace and Gwyndolin have spirit armor? I would've suspected it required one to have an affinity, or perhaps it's something else. I'll definitely have to sort out all these questions later. "You know. I've never got your name. May I know?" Asked Layla.

"North, call me North." I answered her question. "Nice name." Layla commented. And so we made our way to Layla's mom. I honestly had no idea what to expect....

3