Chapter 54 – The girl called Mem-cho
1.6k 6 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edited by The Darkest Knight#4796

Mem-cho Perspective

I thought I was living in my dream. Ever since I was young, I have wanted to be an idol, especially since I idolized Ai from B-Komachi. But my family was a single-mother household with three kids, so I thought it would be better to get a job straight out of high school before my mom told me not to worry and chase my dream, and she would support me. 

I started to apply for auditions. Honestly, I wanted to join Strawberry Production. Still, the company has never held auditions. In recent years, they have only focused on finding and developing V-tubers. Honestly, I had failed several auditions and was almost scouted by a company looking for underground idols before my mom scolded me for trying such a dubious company. 

Therefore, I was very interested in becoming a V-tuber or something like that. But before I tried to do that, I saw that Strawbery Pro held auditions for the creation of a new idol group. Of course, I didn't have to think much about signing up immediately. 

Since I never had success in my auditions, I was basically not confident that I would be selected. That's why I was delighted and surprised when I got called by Strawberry Pro that I had been picked up by them as part of their new idol group.

I was so happy, and my family had a small congratulatory party for me as my mother made my favorite food and had several expensive desserts too. After several signed papers and other stuff accompanied by my mother, I finally became an official idol with the same company as my favorite Idol.

Honestly, I couldn't wait to meet her… but of course, the first was to meet other members of my group. There were just three members of this idol group; honestly, it was pretty small since B-Komachi had seven members. 

I wonder if they changed something. I didn't think I needed to overthink. I just hope to get along with the other members. 

And the two of them were Tokino Sora, who was one year older than me and was the oldest of the group. She had taken part in training and entered more auditions than me. She is a beautiful girl with a gentle attitude, and since I was the oldest sibling, she may have an older sister that I hope I can get.

While the other one was the youngest of the three, Shibuya Rin, who was just fifteen years old when we joined, and she had a different route from the two of us. It looked like higher-ups had scouted her and immediately put her in the same group as Sora and me. Well, she looked like a very beautiful and cool type of girl that looked a bit cold outside, but was actually a gentle and smart girl. 

Anyway, those two other members were easy people to get along with, so I was really happy. And it became more memorable when our first training was actually coached directly by my Idol, Ai.

However, on that day, one encounter completely changed my life, perhaps more than I could have ever imagined. He was a child actor that, in Ai's words, selected us. He sounded like a son of an important higher-up in this company.

He was a cute child with blonde hair and such clear blue eyes named Aquamarine, or people usually called him Aqua. It looked like he was the person who gave input to bring Sora and me into the group. So I needed to thank him, but to my surprise, he was actually such an intelligent kid. No, he may be a genius.

It looked like not only were our songs made by him but our debut work also used his plan, which was actually such a massive success for us. The song was perfect and always on top of the chart. It wasn't long before our group became such a successful Idol Group.

Of course, I was happy and amazed with this young genius kid since he wasn't only good at making songs but a famous child actor that made his own story. Geez, it felt like God really loved him and blessed him with multiple talents. Honestly, if people didn't know him, they would be envious of him. But if you are close with him— Well, he was such a busy child that I wondered if child rights existed…

(E/D: Make the wage match the age.)

Ah, also, Aqua-kun was a brat that did anything he liked. I mean, he was the person who called me Mem-cho from the start to my debut. And to be honest, that name was more well-known than my own name. 

Yeah, I could still remember that day— I had my stage name become official.

"Oh. You're here. Mem-cho." Aqua said that to me.

"No, no, no, that's not my name, you know?" I replied to him, who titled his head as if he was confused.

"Yeah, but I think that is a good stage name for you."

"Wait? What? Where did that stage name come from?" 

"From vibes, I guess. I feel like such a fitting name for you." 

Honestly, I found this was such a brat thing to do. So as an adult, I needed to become more patient with him. Also, I didn't know what would happen to me if I made him angry since he felt like a second-generation kid in this company. 

"Even so, why am I the only one to use a stage name since Sora and Rin didn't have that?" So I questioned him. 

"Well, it's to make it a more interesting and balanced group." 

"Is that so?" 

"Yeah, I mean, I think to make you not only have a stage name, but I want you to change your hair color and use a coloured lenses too." 

"That's— Isn't too much?" 

"Well, I kind of ask you to do that— Look, the three of you if together like this gave the same vibes, but if you had such a flashy look and personality, it would make a good balance to the group." 

"That's…" Once again, I felt like his words had such weight and such logical thinking. It was something that I never thought would come out of a child.

"Well, and this only works on you… Sora-san will be the gentle oldest person in the group, and Rin will be the cool and cold type youngest person in the group. Which is why I hope you will take this role."

"Ugh, well. That might be a good plan, but why Mem-cho!? How about we make a cute stage name!?" 

Yeah, when I heard his reasoning. I felt like I understood where he was coming from, but even so, why Mem-cho?

"Hm, but it's such a cute and good stage name," Aqua responded as if I was the only weird one here. Well, maybe I couldn't understand what genius people were thinking. He looked at me momentarily as if he thought something before I saw him smiling as if he had got some plan, idea, or something.

"Ah, Ai." To my surprise, he called Ai, who coincidentally was in the office.

"Hm, What's wrong?"  

"What do you think about Mem-cho as a stage name?" Aqua asked those questions toward Ai, who looked at me, and honestly, seeing her close like this still made my heart flutter. 

"Hm, why not— it's such a cute name, and I like it. It's a perfect fit for you, Mem-cho." 

"Yes, you can call me, Mem-cho." I immediately accepted those stage names when Ai told me that, which showed how I still idolized her. I mean, it's Ai, and she found the name cute.

Well, if I thought about it for a moment. Didn't Aqua use my fondness towards Ai to get me to accept Mem-cho as my stage name? Such a scary kid.

Anyway, since then, I have used Mem-cho as my stage name. Then I and also my idol group, Starlight and Aqua, worked together for three years. Which, of course, made me, Sora, and Rin closer to him. Such a weird kid— but somehow, we couldn't hate him.

To be honest, I thought I would gladly help him with anything, and it wouldn't take long before I went with him to the place where the girl he felt was talented as an idol was going to perform.

Sorry, it's a bit late as many relatives have come and gone.

And. Oshi No Ko S1 is over and S2 had been announcement. 

And the last chapter of Oshi No Ko kind of sus---- Ruby route? Lol----

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can support me in patr*ondotcom/Razack2Ch

You can read early access up to 7 chapters in my patr-eon for now.

----------------------------------------

My fanfic will only 1000-1400 words per chapter and don't expect too much.

Beware of cliffhangers. You can binge it if you like too...

57