Chapter 98 – Ruby’s Idol Group
529 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anyway, that's what happened between me and Akane. As well as the relationship between Akane and also Kana, I had hoped that their relationship would be more relaxed in this world. But it seems that what I hoped for didn't happen.

"Hah—" I sighed while enjoying my free time at school. 

"Is there something going on?" The girl who was reading beside me asked in a worried tone, seeing me sigh. The girl had a different look than what she was used to, she wore glasses and her hair was tied in braids as if trying to make her appearance as ordinary as possible and not attract attention from people. 

I saw the girl Kobachi has changed since her mother, a famous pop singer, was involved in an infidelity scandal that was so widely reported that it entered the news on national TV. So what happened in the manga where people both at school and in class talked behind the person involved Kobachi happened again in this world. 

Well, something like that is not something I can interfere with because it is a personal problem of a side character that is only briefly told in the manga. So I don't know what really happened except that because of this, Kobachi decided to stop being a pop star and even lost faith in the people around her so that she was only friends with a handful of people. Actually, this should be the thing that makes Kobachi and Ino close if you follow the manga. 

Then I also realized that sometimes seeing an event firsthand gives a different impression than seeing it from just reading a manga. Of course, I felt sorry and so on when I saw what happened to Kobachi in the manga, how her mother's mistake of cheating on her father made Kobachi the talk of the people and such. But in the end, we only get a glimpse of that. 

But at that moment, I could see with my own eyes what really happened to Kobachi. Honestly, it's not strange for Kobachi to behave like in the manga. It was also very shocking to learn that her mother betrayed her family, and it was reported all over the country. She also felt that there was a change in attitude from the people around her. Some people may have previously disliked or been jealous of Kobachi, a famous child singer, but did not hide their hatred and gossiped without restraint.

But what devastated her the most was seeing the people around her, who were usually neutral and positive around her, change their attitude towards her. Of course, not all of them are like that. Even so, seeing the change in attitude of the people around her from being nice and normal to being a little hostile and sometimes even talking bad about her behind her back. Especially for someone who is still at such a young age like her, but sometimes precisely because they are basically young, sometimes they can be very cruel. 

Therefore, it is not strange that they can sometimes be very ruthless. 

One of the things that is sometimes heard is whether Kobachi was really born from her father or that she was the product of her mother and her affair, although there is no proof of that. No, these are just people speculating, and people know it but keep talking about it because they are trying to hurt Kobachi. 

In the end, though, I think Kobachi is fine because in this world, she has Miko and Ruby. However, she still stopped being a child pop star, as if she didn't want to follow her mother's way. I guess— 

That's why I don't think she'll accept Ruby's invitation to join her in creating an idol group. Because in the manga, Kobachi completely stopped being associated with music, which is very understandable to me. But surprisingly she was actually fine to join Ruby's Idol Group. 

Well, just like Ai, Strawberry Pro looks for talent, and usually, they don't debut right away but train them first. Although Ruby arguably has the same talent as Ai, ever since she said she would become an idol like Ai. Ai herself took Ruby's words so seriously that she specifically trained Ruby directly. Since she retired as an idol, Ai has spent her time as a solo singer, and even her acting career has become more prominent than ever. Even so, the Idol group that Ruby wants will be realized. It's just that I think Ruby still needs one more member who's worthy and talented like them.  

Yeah, it's not like I have my own bias towards Ruby. I can also see Kobachi and Ruby, who often practice together in their club room, the Idol Research Club they managed to create. Therefore, I'm pretty sure the two of them will be fine. It's just that it will be very difficult to find people who can match the level of the two of them, especially girls of their age. 

That's what I thought before I finally answered Kobachi's question.

"I just remembered something that happened in the office." 

"Is that so." 

Right now, we were alone together, which rarely happens when I think about it since there was always Ruby or Miko around us. 

"I wonder if you're really okay being an idol?" I felt like it was the right time to ask something like this.  

"Uh, why are you asking this now? Didn't you say that you'd be happy if I joined Ruby because you'd feel at ease with me by her side?" Kobachi answered, and she also commented on my question. 

"Well, that happened a few years ago, didn't it? A lot of things happened. I don't want you to force yourself to become an idol and join Ruby. Because I think you probably don't want to get involved with the entertainment world by heart." I said so, and I could see Kobachi's eyes widen slightly before smiling with a calm face. 

"You two are really sisters. Because Ruby also asked that question when I agreed to become an idol with her. Even though she was the one who always invited me and when I accepted her invitation. Instead of being happy and all, Ruby put on a serious face and asked me if it was okay and if I would be fine. I could see that she was worried after what happened with my mom." 

Kobachi recounted what happened between the two of them when she accepted Ruby's invitation, 

"As you said, a lot happened when my mother's affair became so sensationalized on national television. I directly saw the ugly side of the entertainment world, something that you might have felt too, Aqua-kun." 

"Well, that's true." 

"Yes, at the same time, I can also see who the people who really think of me are. That's why I have no problem accepting Ruby's invitation. At the same time, I, like you, became a little worried when she joined forces with others. Sometimes, she feels a bit too innocent. I guess—" 

"Ahaha, she might look like that sometimes." 

"Besides, I want to know something about her too because I don't understand why Ruby still looks so positive and dreams of becoming an idol when she saw what happened to her mom and other idols. Why does she still dream of becoming an idol? So because of that, I also want to see and retain her innocence." 

Kobachi confided his heart for Ruby to me with a calm face and made me very confident that Kobachi's presence beside Ruby would make her safer in the world of idols and stuff.

-----------------------------------

Don't forget to read my other fanfic. Stealing Heroine: Honestly, I never thought this far [Smut Warning!]

You can support me in patr*ondotcom/Razack2Ch

You can read early access up to 7 chapters in my patr-eon for now.

New schedule,

Stealing; a chapter every two days.

Son; a chapter every two days.

My fanfic will only 1100-1300 words per chapter and don't expect too much.

Beware of cliffhangers. You can binge it if you like too...

20