Chapter 2
84 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gabriel was looking at the transparent window that formed in front of his eyes.

—Status window—

Name: Gabriel

Level 1

Attributes: [Summoner (General)]

■ Skills: [0]

■ Traits: [0]

"Summoner?" he asked himself.

If he remembered correctly, a [Summoner] was a character class that fought through summoning and commanding creatures. It was a class that unlike Necromancers is related to strength rather than numbers.

Looking at the attributes, he could only wonder what an attribute was and what this had to do with the attached [Summoner]. When that was asked, a small window suddenly appeared next to the status window.

<Attribute information>

[Attribute: Summoner] [Grade: General]

[Slightly increases information processing ability]

[■Summon Weapon]

“Can he only summon weapons?” He asked himself.

In most games one could only summon entities using the summoner class, but here it seems that things that could be summoned were more restrictive. It could also be because the level of the skill was low, or something like that.

Probably in the future he will get new attribute skills, he doubted that [Summoner] would really only allow him to summon weapons. It could also be a joke of fate to have given him this weak attribute.

When he thought of opening the information window on the skill, a new window attached to the attribute window appeared.

<Skill Information>

[Skill: Summon Weapon]

[Level: 1] [Grade: Elementary]

[Allows you to summon a magic weapon]

[Summoned weapons will be tied to the summoner's species]

[The strength and durability of the weapon will be tied to the level of the skill and the summoner]

“Not as amazing as I expected”

Until now, he had only been disappointed with the [Summoner] attribute. He really hoped that he would get a way to increase his level faster without having to fight in front, but instead he received an attribute that could only summon weapons instead of entities to fight for him like he had originally thought.

From the start he shouldn't have expected to be granted a useful ability from the start, but he still couldn't help but be disappointed.

Sighing deeply, he wondered, "How the hell do you activate this?"

Until now, I had only managed to make progress with this status window because it was easier to use than it seemed, but when it came to activating ability, I had no idea where to start.

Maybe I just have to think about it or say it out loud? In many stories that works. Thought.

Having no more ideas than that, he simply said “Summon Weapon” He extended his hand forward. A small flash of light formed in his hand, when he felt how the weight in it increased slightly and a metal sword appeared in his hand. All this happened in less than a second, so fast that it seemed instantaneous.

"Looks like it worked after all" he muttered as he inspected the weapon, it seemed to be made of a material similar to his spear, and to check it he tried to summon a spear, but he quickly felt a feeling of weakness growing in his body.

Confused by what was going on, he could only attribute this feeling of weakness to his ability.

Even with this, the spear had materialized and as expected it was exactly the same as the spear he got at the start.

"I'm not sure whether to feel happy that my arsenal has increased drastically, or sad that I can't summon entities to fight for me," he commented as he rested with his back against a tree.

He was checking his weapons. Other than some slight wear to the spear blade, there was no major damage. It didn't matter anyway considering that he could summon weapons at any time, but if necessary he didn't want to use his ability due to the great wear and tear it caused.

He thought about his previous battle, although well, battle wouldn't be the exact word to refer to it. After all, it was mainly a surprise attack that luckily ended the enemy's life without the need for a close range engagement.

He didn't know what would have happened if he really fought him, although on one hand he doubted that he would lose if he was careful, even so, anything could happen in the middle of a confrontation.

He had to get used to fighting as soon as possible.

He took a break for a while to stop that feeling of constant weakness that bothered his body. Once the sensation stopped and he felt like his body had recovered to some degree, he got up to continue his mission.

"Now that the quest [First Blood] has been completed, it only remains to survive for 10 days to finish the main quest." He muttered as he walked.

Although it was not necessary, he planned to raise his level again. He hated killing, but he wasn't stupid enough to totally refuse to do it, after all, he doubted they didn't.

There were also the other humans, although for the moment he hadn't seen any, it wouldn't hurt to prepare for possible future fights against them, so increasing his strength was his main objective for the moment.

With that in mind, he first decided to practice with the sword and try a little trick with the spear.

The Sword as opposed to the Spear was easier to use in some ways, but more awkward in others. Mainly in the fact that the weapon's distance was very short, which caused him to have to get closer than he really wanted.

He would have to get used to fighting at some point, but even knowing that, it was just uncomfortable fighting head-on.

Considering that, he decided to practically continue with the spear for a while. Mainly in a long-distance way of fighting that is very tied to the spear.

After a short training, I finally decided to go find another monster.

He was walking around with all his weapons. It was a bit awkward to walk around with two spears and a sword and without any kind of scabbard or the like, he could only carry them in his hands. He wasn't going to leave them lying around either, after all, one more weapon means one more means of survival.

After walking for a while neither short nor long, he found another Goblin .

Unlike the first time, he wasn't that nervous, and was actually a bit excited to level up. He wasn't sure if this was a status window effect or just his personality that he hadn't noticed, but at this point he was grateful for it.

He was at a distance from the Goblin that counting the trees would make it difficult for him to find it, so he should be able to make a surprise attack without much difficulty.

With the first spear he obtained in hand, he put down the spear and sword he summoned on the ground.

She rose slightly from the ground and the spear brought her into a launching position.

His goal was very simple this time.

Use the spear as a Javelin. It was a way of taking advantage of the fact that he had more weapons than his opponent who only had a club, so even if he lost a weapon, it wouldn't be a big concern unlike his opponent.

Of course, the main reason for using it as a javelin was that a long-distance attack was safer than a close-range one after all.

Even though I only practice for a few hours and the results were decent at best, I didn't have time to practice for hours until I got the hang of it. And anyway, there was no better way to put it into practice than in real life.

Using all the strength of his body, he hurled the spear in the direction of the Goblin . The spear sliced through the air and shot at high speed towards the Goblin .

The spear quickly reached it in an instant. At the moment when he was about to hit his body, a sudden movement to the side made him, instead of colliding with his head, continue long and hit a tree.

"That?" I comment surprised. I went from being a sure shot to missing at the last moment.

"Shit," he muttered as he picked up the remaining spear, now that the element of surprise was over, it only remained to fight to the end. The Goblin turned his gaze to the source of the attack, and noticed a human coming towards him.

The goblin raised its club in attack stance while keeping a watchful eye in front of the human.

A human facing a Goblin , one with a spear and the other with a simple club. The battle should not be complicated. But even knowing that, he did not intend to lower his guard against the monster he was facing.

This was their first real confrontation, so she couldn't afford to let her guard down easily.

With that thought, Gabriel looked with clear killing intent at the Goblin . Not even the wise man himself of this unconscious change in his gaze.

The Goblin had noticed the change in his gaze, and apart from a slight surprise there was nothing more than a mad smile, as a monster that he was, there was no greater enjoyment than battle.

They both stared at each other, finally one of them took a step forward, beginning the battle in which only one of them would come out alive.

2