The End
83 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Countdown:

-10

-9

It was around 10 pm when it all started

-8

-7

I had just finished work and was walking down the street toward my rented apartment when i saw the lights. Purple lights illuminated the night sky creating a wonderful sight with the unusually clear stars and the full moon.

-6

-5

Then the ground moved. A minor earthquake put an end to this  magical view and instilled a strong unease in my heart. This region never had any form of quake before, not even a tremor.

-4

People stormed out of the buildings and gathered on the street, wondering what was going on. I saw an old man fainting on the opposite sidewalk, immediately helped by who looked to be his son.

-3

And then came a rain of meteorite igniting the sky on fire after passing trough the atmosphere.

-2

-1

The overwhelming purple lights and red fire became brighter and brighter until it all i could see was pure white. That's where a black countdown appeared on the blinding white.

-0

-System overloaded due to overpopulation

-creating a queue

-your position.   7,849 ,574 ,363 / 7,849,574,363

Oh great, I'm last again, as always.

 

The light dimmed down and my sight returned. I looked up and immediately noticed something wrong, 3 moons now sat high up in the sky. One white, one red and one purple. Something big just happened and i knew it. I looked around and saw the same look of disbelief on everyone's face.

A child started crying when his mother suddenly disappeared out of thin air, she then reappeared after a few seconds. Other people started disappearing too, one after another they vanished and reappeared in groups within a few seconds of delay from each one. I looked around and breathed in.

-Okay there's no use in panicking, whatever i do wont change anything so ill just go home and check the news. If there's one thing all those fantasy novels i read when i was bored taught me its to not panic.

My name is Sihask,  name given to me by my hipster parents who died 11 years ago. I'm 18 years old and i live in a rented apartment with my friend James, we went to school together and he was my only friend. Now we go to the same college. We are completely different; i have blonde hair and blue eyes, he has black hair with brown eyes. I'm a little shorter than average but extremely agile while he's taller and stronger than most.He's also extremely clumsy.

We met on our second year of high school. I was always last everywhere, last in line, last picked during events etc. I always lacked a goal, a purpose and i didn't felt like i belonged anywhere so i tried my hardest to be acknowledge. i was always getting picked on by bullies because of it and one day during the usual beating James appeared, my hero. he came to help me. He tried anyway, he tripped and knocked himself out on the wall.  i used the diversion to escape. I looked for him after class to thank him and see if he was ok and after that we became friends. Trough the years James got in many fight and kept getting in trouble until he met his girlfriend Sarah. Now they always hang out together in bars and other shady places.

10 min of walking later i arrived in front of our building and opened the door without hesitation. Silence, no sound coming from inside. That's good, it means I'm alone. I jumped on the couch and turned the TV on.

-We don't know what's going on yet, we're being told that people from all around the world are disappearing and reappearing ...some changed, some are even coming back with with swords and other weapons.

Changed? Weapons? I didn't notice anything like that back there.

-There has been no casualty yet but the tension is brewing in the streets. We ask everyone to not panic, we will give you more info...

Then she disappeared live, startling the filming crew.

-lets see, from what i witnessed she should be back in 2 seconds.

As i expected she reappeared at the same spot 2 seconds later

-I...i think i just met a god.

She took a deep breath and organized her thoughts

-here is the information i just g...

Suddenly the TV vanished along with the whole apartment except the couch i was sitting on. In front of me sat on a expensive looking chair a middle aged man looking like a younger version of Gandalf.

-Is this the last human?

A women came from behind me, scarring me out of my pants.

-Yes sir, this is the last one.

The man visibly happy slammed his left hand on the wooden desk in front of him while standing up.

-FINALLY ITS OVER

he then immediately calmed down, cleared his throat and sat back.

-My name is Zeus and i was assigned to do your introduction, explain the rules etc. I've been explaining these things for 3 days non stop so you must understand why I'm tired.

-Wait, 3 days? I thought all this started half an hour ago?

-From your perspective yes, but here time is going around 500 times faster than out there. Now stop interrupting me while I'm explaining things, It's impolite.

Do you know how many people you interrupted half sentence to bring them here?!

-So as i was saying, ill now explain some things, the others you will find out by yourself. First ill give you an interface, it will be extremely handy in this new world.

As he said that he pointed his finger at me and a ray of yellow light violently penetrated my head

-Next, dungeons and ruins will start appearing in a week at random places. From them you can acquire several things like items, skills, classes, knowledge and titles.

-I can't tell you the reason yet but you will want to get as strong as possible.

-Items have 3 ranking system: a number of star, a color, and a rarity. The stars range from 1 to 12 and serve to indicate how powerful and special the item is within its rarity, which range from | Common | Uncommon | Scarce | Rare | Epic | Antique | Legendary | Unique | Mythical | Divine | ??? | ???|.

-This ranking serve as an indication of how rare an item is and the rarer it is the stronger its effect. And the colors are as follow: Gray | white | Light Green | Green | Light blue | Blue | Pink | Purple | Yellow | Orange | Red | Black | and indicate the usefulness of an item.

So lets say you find a 10 Star Gray Legendary item, that thing would most likely be a 1 time use item like a strong healing potion so beside that one time you use it, it wont be really useful afterward. The color is a combination of durability, potency and esthetic. The color will radiate around the item and cannot be hidden by normal means. It may sound overly complicated but take this lightning bolt for example.

He pulled a purple looking lightning bolt out of nowhere

-This beauty is a 10 Star Purple Divine weapon, check it out yourself. Use inspect on it, normally you wouldn't be able to see the details of someone else weapons and items but ill authorize you.

I said inspect in my head and the details of the bolt appeared in front of me.

 

(10 Stars) Zeus Magnificent Lightning Bolt (Purple)

Rarity: Divine

This bolt looking staff was crafted by Zeus after contemplating the sky on a mountaintop. Made with divine iron and pure lightning essence this weapon will bring devastation to its wielder's enemies.

Durability : 8451/12 500

Attack power : 145 000

defense : 50

*+240 to all stats

*+40% lightning resistance

*+15% power to all lightning based skills

*+100% attack power during storms

*ignore metal based defenses

*can be thrown and summoned back at will

*has a moderate chance to paralyze targets for 5 seconds on hit

*can call forth a  storm to damage all enemies in a 100 meter radius

*the skill Lightning Speed will be generated

*the skill Lightning form will be generated

Lightning Speed : increase movement and attack speed by 300%

Lightning Form : your body become pure lightning and you are immune to all physical damage until your mana runs out

Restrictions of use : Zeus, God of Lightning, level 300+

-I made that all by myself. One day you too may craft a weapon suiting your style, although it wont be as amazing as MY stuff.

I just remained silent at the rambling of this overly exited God.

-Now, like everyone who came before you, i will give you something suiting of the last human to be enlightened. It can be a weapon, an item, a skill, a class or even a title even tho those are super rare.

He then took out a silver metallic box from under his desk and handed it to me

-Open it and take whatever is inside

I approached the box and opened it without hesitation, then i slipped my hand inside and grabbed a black card.

 

-That's a skill card, 3/4 of mankind got skill cards. But don't be disappointed, there's a huge range of skills. I'm sure not a lot of people got the same ...

I ignored his rambling and focused on my card then a notification appeared before me.

You have leaned the skill : Shadow copy

(9 Stars) Shadow Copy (Black)

Rarity : Unique

Skill Level : 1

EXP to next level : 1000

Create an invisible copy of yourself in any shadows within range of the skill, only you can see it.

The shadow will copy everything you do and will be considered a separate entity by the system.

The shadow is immune to all positive and negative status and extremely weak to all form of light based attacks.

Currently limited to : 1 copy

-...And that's how i lost my bet and I'm now forced to to explain everything to every lowly humans.

Having no idea how the discussion could have progressed this far this quickly while i was reading my skill, i replied

-That's unfortunate.

-damm right it is. Anyway i see you're finished so ill send you back, farewell.

A flash of light and i was back in the apartment. The lady on the news was repeating the informations Zeus already told me so i closed the TV and went to bed, enough for today.

 ************************************

-Sir, did you see that skill he got?

-ARGGG, WHERE? WHO? Oh its you Selene. you know, i completely forgot you where there.

-You know i have always been good at erasing my presence.

-Yes, i know. Remember when we were kids and...

-Enough! Did you get a clear look at that skill he got?

Zeus suddenly became serious

-Yes, and i never saw a skill like that before. I think something very interesting will happen this time around. Let's sit back, watch and prepare the next phase.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is my first work and i hope everyone will enjoy.

 

2