Chapter 4-Birth Of Innovation In The Magic World
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max woke up from his bed feeling pain in his shoulders, maybe it was from turning the shaft of the fan or maybe it was just muscle ache.

Max got ready for his lecture. For the past few days he had been collecting feedback on his fan , while the students reviews were a bit bad as they criticized how the fan looked and the fact that they had to continuously rotate the shaft for the air,therefore the students either got tired soon or had to pay someone else to work the fan. Whereas Wayland didn't mind the effort it took to use the fan but did criticize the amount of time it consumed.

After listening to all the reviews he concluded that the fan would have to become self operated if he wanted to make it a successful product.

As he was going home after finishing his classes he ran into the fine dressed man he had ran into , the day he had come for an interview.

As Max apologized to the man , the man introduced himself and they got to talking with each other for some time.

He got to know that the man's name was George and he was a low level noble of the empire. As Max talked to George he found that he was actually quite amiable and he got well along with him. After talking to him for some time he told George about the fan he was selling, George was surprised by this , the impression of Max in his mind increased by quite a lot. As they were saying their regards and leaving , George gave Max the name of a friend of his who was a big merchant in the city so Max could talk to him about selling his fans.

As Max walked towards his home he felt a connection with George , he thought that he wasn't stuck up as other nobles and didn't look down on him because of his background.

-------**********--------

Two days later , Max walked in the commercial district of the city he saw a very busy store , this was his destination today the merchant friend of George.

As Max walked in the store,he was a middle aged man walk up to him and greet him.
'Hello, how may I help you'
'Are you Mr.Morgan' said Max
'Yes' replied Mr.Morgan
'My friend George told me about you' said Max
'Oh, so you are a friend of George' said Mr.Morgan
'Yes and I have a business opportunity for you' said Max
'Really,then lets go somewhere a little quiet' said Mr.Morgan
Max followed Mr.Morgan as he lead him to the backroom
'Max took out his fan and showed it to Mr.Morgan and then explained to him how it worked
Mr.Morgan was certainly intrigued by the concept but pointed out the problems that Max had concluded earlier.
Max ha already realised how this was going to be a problem but he couldn't find a solution for it. As far as he knew the only way to make it self operational was by electricity and he hadn't heard anything about anything similar to electricity in this world.

After talking to Max for a while Mr.Morgan pulled out a glowing crystal from the bag next to him.
"Max why haven't you tried using magic crystals to make it self operational' said Mr.Morgan
Max was surprised by this , even though he knew about the existence of magic ,his economic condition and social standing had kept him from interacting with it.

As Max interacted with the magic crystal and Mr.Morgan told him more about it he realised that the magic crystals were a lot like batteries.

After talking to Mr.Morgan for a little while he promised Mr.Morgan that he would find a way to make make the fan self operated in two days , Mr.Morgan was pleased by this and since the magic crystal was a cheap one he decided to let Max keep it.

After Max came home he experimented a lot with the fan design and the magic crystal.

After his initial experiments with the magic crystals he found that although the magic crystals behaved like batteries they didn't require conductors to function but they did function more efficiently when they had a conductor.

The next day he went out and bought all the materials he needed for his experiments. After a lot of experiment he came up with a simple motor and wires made of copper which he insulated with wrapping thread around it from both sides since rubber wasn't available to him and used a knob switch like the one used by edison in his first electric light.

After two days he had finally made a successful design that looked a lot like the fan he had in his time.

He took the fan to Mr.Morgan, at first he was surprised by the new fan, he didn't expected Max to make such a drastic change in the fan design. If he was being honest he thought that the design was too simple and anybody could copy the design of the fan but the fan now looked much more complicated and stylish than the one before.He was also impressed by the functionality of the fan even if he didn't understood at all how it worked.

After a lot of back and forth between Max and Mr.Morgan they hampered out the details of their business relationship. The profit sharing between them would be 30-70 with Mr.Morgan in charge of production and Max incharge of teaching his workers how to make the fan and only Mr. Morgan had the right to sell the fan but Max did make a request to Mr.Morgan that every fan should have an insignia in a visible part of the fan which couldn't be copied easily.

Mr.Morgan was surprised by this , at first he thought that this was the insignia of the family of Max but he knew Max wasn't a noble and even if Max had a family insignia, the fan was made for commoners and typically only gifts between noble family had the insignia of each family on the product but since the request was not too much Mr.Morgan agreed . After this they both signed the agreements and Max took his leave.

As Max was walking home he was thinking about how nobody in this world knew what branding was but this could be understood as even in his world branding in products wasn't introduced till the 1930's when the foundation for product branding was laid down by the french designer Coco Chanel.

He knew how much of an effect branding has on a product and he was now ready to make a lot of money.

Author's Thought-
The principle for the fan is factually correct and you can research it.
The sentence are also factually correct which can be googled.
The name for all the characters are a reference to real life people and their works have also been referenced for the plot.If you can figure out their names please comment.

Thank you for reading

0