side story 1 part2
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BIT – Side Story One (Part 2)

Xiao Yi Dong remembers what happened when he was a little boy, and wanted to eat his big sister’s chocolates. Their dad came home from work, and found him and his big sister fighting over chocolates.

‘What happened?’ Xiao Bei Yuan asks.

‘Dad, I want to eat big sister’s chocolates,’ Xiao Yi Dong says.

‘Yi Dong, you’re a boy,’ Xiao Bei Yuan says. ‘Boys don’t fight with girls over food. Go stand in the corner for half an hour.’

The little Xiao Yi Dong grudgingly stands in the corner, and cries. He turns around, he sees his dad sitting on the sofa next to his big sister, watching cartoons together. The front door opens, his mum is back from work, and he immediately runs to his mum.

‘Mum, big sister pushed me,’ Xiao Yi Dong tattletales.

Tang Tu Quan is surprised Xiao Yi Jin pushed Xiao Yi Dong. She turns to her husband. ‘Bei Yuan, did they fight?’

‘Yi Dong wanted to eat Luo Luo’s chocolates,’ Xiao Bei Yuan says.

‘Yi Dong, go stand in the corner for another hour,’ Tang Tu Quan says. ‘It’s embarrassing for a boy not being able to defeat a girl.’

Little Xiao Yi Dong cries. His parents favors daughters over sons.

Little Xiao Yi Dong has to carry his big sister’s bags since he turned five. If they go on a family trip overseas, his big sister always get to sleep on the comfortable bed, and he has to sleep on the sofa. If his big sister is in a good mood, she paints. If his big sister is in a bad mood, she’ll stay in her bedroom, and their parents will comfort her. But if he comes home from school sunburned, their dad will ask where’s Luo Luo, and if he doesn’t answer, their dad will accuse him of not caring about his big sister.

When Xiao Yi Dong’s big sister moved to the U.S. to study, their dad bought her a house, paid for her tuition fees, and living expenses. But when he moved to the U.S. to study, their dad sang a different tune.

‘Yi Dong, I’ll pay for your first and second year of college,’ Xiao Bei Yuan says. ‘Since you’ll be living in Luo Luo’s house, you don’t need to pay rent. So you’ll be free to work a part time job to pay for your living expenses.’

Xiao Yi Dong shakes his head at his dad’s unfair favoritism toward his big sister. He looks sadly at the laptop, nothing has changed since the past. ‘Dad, you buy big sister everything, a house, and even a Maserati.’

‘Yi Dong, I bought Luo Luo a house, and a car to scare off suitors who are unworthy to pursue Luo Luo,’ Xiao Bei Yuan says.

‘Dad, what about me?’ Xiao Yi Dong asks.

‘Find your own way,’ Xiao Bei Yuan says.

‘Mum, say something,’ Xiao Yi Dong complains. ‘Look at the cars sitting in dad’s garage.’

‘Yi Dong, your dad used the money he earns to buy those cars,’ Tang Tu Quan says. ‘If you want to buy one of your dad’s cars, make your own money.’

Xiao Yi Dong feels like his parents doesn’t love him.

‘Yi Dong, remember to behave, and take good care of Luo Luo if you don’t want to get kicked out of Luo Luo’s house,’ Tang Tu Quan warns. ‘If Luo Luo attends a party, remember to drive Luo Luo home safely.’

‘Dad, mum, why don’t you two hire a bodyguard for big sister?’ Xiao Yi Dong says sarcastically. ‘I’m here to study. I’m only eighteen, but why doesn’t my family care about me?’

Xiao Yi Dong’s heartbreak fell on his parents’ heartless ears. He runs to his room, changes into a suit, runs downstairs, and finds his big sister washing dishes in the kitchen.

‘Big sister, I’m heading off,’ Xiao Yi Dong says.

‘Yi Dong, you’re overworking yourself,’ Xiao Yi Jin says. ‘It’s not good for your health.’

‘Big sister, do you know how expensive a sandwich, and a cup of coffee is at the cafeteria?’ Xiao Yi Dong asks. ‘Dad said he won’t be paying for my third year tuition fees. So I need to save money.’

‘Yi Dong, I can give you money if you don’t have enough money,’ Xiao Yi Jin says. ‘I won’t tell papa and mum.’

‘Big sister, I don’t need your money,’ Xiao Yi Dong declines.

‘Yi Dong…’ Xiao Yi Jin says.

‘Big sister, you don’t need to dissuade me,’ Xiao Yi Dong says, smiling charmingly. ‘Big sister, when big brother Wen Cheng moved here, he didn’t have money. But look at how successful and rich big brother Wen Cheng is now. Right now I can’t make money like big brother Wen Cheng. But big sister, you should have faith in your little brother’s brain. I’ll study, and struggle now to have a grand future.’

Xiao Yi Jin is distracted thinking about Wen Cheng to notice Xiao Yi Dong running to the front door.

‘Big sister, I forgot to ask,’ Xiao Yi Dong says. ‘It’s big brother Wen Cheng’s company’s grand opening banquet, are you going there later?’

The dishes Xiao Yi Jin is washing falls into the sink. ‘He didn’t invite me.’

Xiao Yi Dong didn’t need to have a brain to understand when not to pry. ‘Big sister, are you really not going?’

Xiao Yi Jin dries her hand, walks to the door, and fixes her little brother’s tie. ‘Um. My little brother looks like a handsome man.’

‘Big sister, this suit cost me two months of my work wages,’ Xiao Yi Dong says.

‘Really?’ Xiao Yi Jin asks, patting Xiao Yi Dong’s cheek. ‘It’s the brand papa likes too. It suits you.’

Xiao Yi Dong feels his dad is too unjust. His dad reasons his big sister needs money to buy clothes, because she’s a woman working in the arts industry. But why doesn’t his dad care about him?

Xiao Yi Jin passes the car key to her little brother. ‘Drive my car. You should get going if you don’t want to be late.’

‘Big sister, it’s my mission to bring a woman back here tonight,’ Xiao Yi Dong jokes.

End of Side Story One (Part 2)

0