special
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Father Of The Bride Edition

News spread about the reputable Kang Zhen buying Xiao Yi Jin’s dragonfly painting, and Xiao Yi Jin became a famous artist.

‘Luo Luo, since your papa started working, he feels the proudest after you achieved your dream,’ Tang Tu Quan says to Xiao Yi Jin.

On the other side of the world, Xiao Yi Dong receives news from his dad, which gives him more pressure. ‘Follow your big sister’s good example.’

Wen Cheng pities his future little brother-in-law. ‘Uncle, don’t be too hard on Yi Dong. Yi Dong is a good student, smart, and a hard worker. He has a bright future.’

‘What about compared to you?’ Xiao Bei Yuan asks.

‘Our circumstances are different,’ Wen Cheng says. ‘I started with nothing so I strived hard to achieve my goals. Yi Dong has uncle and aunty to pick him up if he fails. But even with a security net, Yi Dong still strives to build his own success. Not many people in Yi Dong’s shoes are as hard working and ambitious.’

‘My son has many years of obstacles ahead of him,’ Xiao Bei Yuan says. ‘I hope my son doesn’t lose his current level of determination and ambition.’

Xiao Bei Yuan can’t believe the boy Wen Cheng who he supported, grew up to take away his precious daughter from him. ‘Wen Cheng, you know I don’t value money and status. I don’t want Yi Dong to be surrounded by women, alcohol, cigars and fancy things. What I want Yi Dong to carry with him for the rest of his life is drive, independence, and patience. I need to be hard on him while he’s young so he can handle failure and success in the future.’

‘Uncle, I understand,’ Wen Cheng says.

‘Wen Cheng, it’s not easy for you to succeed on your own overseas,’ Xiao Bei Yuan says. ‘But there’s something in every person’s heart that they want to avoid. Wen Cheng, do you know what you’re avoiding?’

Wen Cheng understands Xiao Bei Yuan can see his weakness clearly.

‘Success is one matter,’ Xiao Bei Yuan says. ‘But being vulnerable and honest in front of the person in your heart is a different matter. Wen Cheng, the sooner you’re honest with Luo Luo, the sooner you can let go of your fear.’

Xiao Bei Yuan hugs his future son-in-law. ‘Wen Cheng, uncle is giving Luo Luo to you. Take good care of my Luo Luo.’

‘Uncle, I promise I’ll take good care of Luo Luo,’ Wen Cheng vows.

Xiao Yi Jin knocks on her papa’s home office door. ‘Papa, dinner is ready.’

Xiao Yi Jin doesn’t hear a response. She opens the door, and is suspicious why her papa is hugging Wen Cheng. ‘What are you two doing?’

Xiao Bei Yuan lets go of Wen Cheng. ‘Wen Cheng, let’s go eat dinner.’

Xiao Yi Jin walks toward the dining room first. Xiao Bei Yuan gestures, ‘I’m watching you’ to Wen Cheng. Wen Cheng understands that it’s his future father-in-law warning him to be good to Xiao Yi Jin.

Wen Cheng smiles, and nods to reassure his future father-in-law.

Wen Cheng is happy he didn’t let a small misunderstanding ruin his twenty year bond with Xiao Yi Dong, and he plans to keep his promise to always take good care of her.

End of Father Of The Bride Edition

0