Volume. 4: Chapter 6: Dungeon City.
432 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: Dungeon City.

*Erika’s POV*

We still haven’t arrived at the dungeon city just quite yet. Liuka said that we would arrive within the hour. Huh? What sights did you see on the way? So far, everything has looked the same.

Oh? What is there to look at on the way to your destination in this dimension? You ask again. Do you like white and very shiny snow? Good for you! Because that is all that you will see.

Snow, snow, and snow. That is all I’ve seen this entire trip… At least give me, like ice crystals or something. We did run into a few monsters. Which we easily killed.

I found that low Grade Monster Cores tend to taste not as good as the higher Grade ones, so I didn’t bother to pick any of the Cores that they dropped.

All of the monsters, regardless of what kind they were, had one trick too. They would pop out from under the snow to ambush you. Which, for us, just turned killing them, into an IRL real-stakes version of wh*ck a m*le.

Which was fun in and of itself. I gave Liuka a shotgun to use. And she would snipe any monster that popped out of the snow. Painting the white landscape a pretty red.

It ended up being a game for us to see who could get more shotgun kills per encounter. I would win most of the time. Much to Liuka chagrin. She is pretty cute when she pouts.

At least for me, the only way I can know for a fact that we aren’t going in circles, is the trail of blood, gore, and monster corpses that we leave in our path.

That spell to mark certain locations is absolutely necessary for the people of this dimension to learn. Otherwise, they would just get lost, and die in the freezing cold.

I bet that it’s something that even children are taught. That is assuming that everyone can actually use magic. Would people who can’t use magic just be shit out of luck?

Asking my only companion about this was my only option. So that’s what I did.

Liuka: “Yes and no.” She answered.

Erika: “Meaning?” I ask.

Liuka: “They wouldn’t be able to travel at all. But they can just hire someone who can use magic to lead them places.” Liuka explained.

Erika: “Okay. But what about someone who has never marked another safe dungeon before? How would they get around?” I ask with a curious tone.

Liuka: “The spell works through word of mouth as well. How the original network of marks began, I wouldn’t know. Though it happened during my time, I didn’t really pay any attention to it at all.” Liuka replied.

Erika: “Oh? Why not?” I ask.

Liuka: “I went from serving in the military, to being raised as a princess. I pretty much stayed at home for most of my life here in this dimension. I only ever ventured out of my home dungeon a few weeks ago.” Liuka answered.

Erika: “I see. What is the purpose of our visit to that dungeon city?” I ask.

Liuka: “Mostly? Just to relax. It’s also to let others know about how we’re after the crystals.” Liuka replied.

Erika: “Would letting other people know our goal really be a good thing? What if someone tries to get the crystals before us?” I say with a serious tone.

Liuka: “Erika. I am a princess.” Liuka replied.

Erika: “And?” I ask with a head tilt.

Liuka: “Meaning that I was, and am, at the peak of society. Do you remember that shitty dungeon city where you committed a slaughter? Do you recall that a lot of them looked malnourished? Only royalty would have the strength to go after the crystals. And only I would be willing to do such a thing.” Liuka said with a proud tone.

Erika: “How noble.” I jokingly reply.

Liuka: “You joke, but it truly is noble. The royals in this dimension are fine continuing to live like this. And the ones who would want change, are far too weak to do anything about it. So, yes. I am noble for trying to solve the problem.” Liuka said with a serious tone.

Erika: “I see.” I reply.

Liuka: “You could at least applaud me…” She said with a sigh.

Erika: “Woooo! You’re so amazing, Liuka!” I say with a deadpan tone and golf claps.

Liuka: “…”

Liuka: “Did you really just give me a golf clap? That is probably the most insulting thing someone has ever done to me.” Liuka said with a laugh.

Erika: “Huh? Being killed just because you didn’t respect your superior, is somehow less insulting?” I ask with a confused expression.

Liuka: “Okay… that was more insulting, I admit.” She said with a shrug.

I mean, I figured. Was a golf clap really that insulting? I don’t think it is…

We chatted about a few random things on our way. Mainly about our military service, and what we have been getting up to in our second lives.

Liuka said that apart from being treated like a special little princess, she didn’t really do much yet. Which is funny. Though, with her service, I’d say that she earned it.

After walking for another hour, we came to a castle. Castle? Well, it was definitely a dungeon but, the outside had walls built around it. With a moat and a drawbridge as well!

There were guards stationed outside. They had, what looked to be fire magic keeping them warm. And they didn’t seem to be sketchy like the guards of the first dungeon city I went to.

I was about to walk up to them and talk, but Liuka beat me to it. She flashed them some sort of badge, and they let us both in without any fuss.

Ah, I really need one of those kinds of badges. What kind? The “Fuck off! Do you not know who I am!?” kind of badges. Would be nice to have, I assume.

Looks like there won’t be a slaughter this time… aw… Maybe some other time? Though, there is no telling if I… I mean, WE won’t get into a fight of some kind…

Once inside, it looked like just a normal medieval city. The walls went on for a very long time. It was like its own contained environment.

If you looked up, you could see the sky. Looking at it harder, you could tell that it was painted. This dungeon even had a plain and a green forest.

Honestly, if you weren’t aware that this was a dungeon, you wouldn’t realize it, unless someone told you beforehand.

How many painters did it take to paint the entire ceiling of this dungeon? At least a few hundred… Maybe even a few thousand… How luxurious.

Liuka: “The painted sky is pretty, right? That’s this city’s main attraction. And no. It was not painted by normal means. It was painted with magic. The sky even turns to night as well. Which is a far cry from the outside world, where you can’t even see the sky.” Liuka explained.

That’s true. Outside, the sky was almost always covered by clouds. And when it wasn’t, it was far too foggy to see the sky.

Erika: “Ah, I was actually trying to figure out how many painters it would take to paint the entire ceiling. Good to know that it was actually just magical bullshit.” I say with a laugh.

Liuka: “Magically bullshit, huh? It really does feel like that sometimes… Anyway, we should go to the spa.” Liuka proposed.

Erika: “The spa? What do they have there?” I ask with a curious tone.

Liuka: “A hot spring, and they also do massages.” She replied.

Erika: “Taking a dip in a hot spring sounds nice, but I’ll have to skip out on the massage.” I reply.

Liuka: “Why?” She asked with a confused expression.

Erika: “I am married. I can’t let anyone else besides my wives touch me. You bitting me was actually pushing it somewhat.” I replied.

Liuka: “Holyshit, don’t be a prude! They most likely touch a few hundred women a day. They won’t have any funny thoughts. It’s just a massage.” Liuka said with a fed-up tone.

Erika: “Fine… my actual reason, is that I and my wives give far better massages than anyone else could hope to do.” I reply.

Liuka: “Truly? Then give me one. Then we can just dip in the hot spring and not get massages. The place we’re going to has rooms that you can rent out. I have a private room permanently rented out. You can give me a massage after our bath.” Liuka excitedly said.

Erika: “Didn’t you say that you never went out until a few weeks ago?” I ask with a raised eyebrow.

Liuka: “Ah, I meant like, on my own. I have been to other places before, just always with a lot of people guarding me. And I was always transported in a hand carried carriage.” Liuka explained.

She then guided me to the spa. It oddly looked like a Japanese onsen… Isn’t that… kinda weird? No. If Liuka is anything to go by, there are probably others who have reincarnated here in this dimension with their memories intact.

Once inside the very luxurious looking building, Liuka went up to the front desk to check us in. I would be staying in the room next to hers.

She paid for my room. Before she left her dungeon, she must have taken a shit ton of money with her. I did give her an infinite storage for her to play with after all.

After that, we were guided to the hot spring. It couldn’t compare to the baths that we have back home, but it still felt nice to take a dip in.

Liuka and I soaked for an hour before getting out of the hot spring. I asked Liuka about how much this place costs. She told me that, as you would expect, a hot spring in a world that is basically frozen, is a very luxurious thing.

As such, a single night here would cost you around $10,000 grand USD. Thankfully, Liuka converted this world’s currency to USD for me. That way I would actually understand how much it would actually cost. Instead of just trying to compare gold, silver and platinum coins to USD. Or whatever modern currency.

I think she went through the effort of converting the price to USD for me, so that I would be surprised at how much she spent.

Too bad! I’ve spent far more money than that. Due to that, I didn’t bat an eye at her spending. To which, she replied with a pout. How cute.

We made our way to Liuka’s room. Since, you know, I promised to give her a massage. Rather or not she wants me to give her one that she would never forget, will be up to her.

Liuka: “Since you’re such a prude, I’ll keep my lingerie on.” Liuka said with a cheeky tone.

Erika: “I appreciate it. Though, it depends on what kind of massage that you want me to give you.” I reply.

Liuka: “And what do you mean by that?” She asked with a curious tone.

Erika: “My massages tend to be so good that leaving your lingerie on, would end up at least having your panties stained. To not have that happen, I would have to avoid pretty much every erogenous area on your body.” I explain with a serious tone.

Liuka: “Fine. Give me a massage that I will never forget. I’ll strip but, regardless of how good I end up feeling, do not try to do anything sexual to me. As I would not ask you to do something sexual to me, I ask that you do not ruin my trust in you.” Liuka said with a serious tone.

Erika: “I won’t.” I exclaim.

*Hours later.*

I would say that I was successful in giving her a massage, but I might have been just a little bit too successful…

After three hours into the massage, Liuka had lost all of her inhibitions. With an iron will, I had to fend off her from trying to get me to do sexual things to her.

Ignoring her advances was a hassle. She would try to put my hand on her breasts, or other sensitive parts of her body, when I went to massage her. Sure, she was cute, but this actually upset me. I was already beginning to see her as my daughter, and not as woman…

It got so bad that I eventually had to knock her out. The massage was clearly mind-blowing, and I knew that Liuka had no desire to be with me romantically, so I had to prevent her from doing something that she would probably regret in the morning.

Her mind was in disarray. So, regardless of rather or not she wanted to be with me, I still wouldn’t have done anything sexual to her.

I am very proud of myself for this. Do you not realize how fucking sexy a hot fox girl clearly in heat is? It was not lost on me that other women also in the hot spring had taken lecherous glances at both I and Liuka from time to time.

Now that she was subdued, I cleaned her up. Since I had used massage oils on her, I needed to use cleaning magic. I put her lingerie back on and put a nightgown on her.

Leaving her lingerie off was the right call. I doubt that even her bra would have been safe… I did have to use cleaning magic on the bed as well. I’ll leave why I had to do that, up to your imagination. I’ll give you a hint. It wasn’t only because of the massage oils.

Then I tucked her into her bed, and finally left her room, and went to mine. Tomorrow, this would be a funny story that I can tease her with. What fun!

She was very adamant that she wouldn’t be the one asking me for sexual favors. Unfortunately for her, I have “magic” hands in more ways than one.

Was I a terrible person for giving her such an amazing massage? No. I didn’t even try to make it into something sexual. Her getting heavily aroused and wanting from it was just an unintended side effect of my amazing massage skills. Also, it was a massage that was only ten percent of what I give to my wives.

It’s just unfortunate that my target for testing out how good that I should make a massage, ended up being Liuka. I should go for two percent the next time I give someone other than my wives a massage.

Aw… now I want a massage! What cruel existence that I am forced to live where I cannot touch, or even feel the touch of my wives!

I went to bed that night pretty upset. Maybe tomorrow, I should eat some spaghetti, so I won’t be upsetti? Heh, that little pun cheered me up enough to happily fall asleep.

*The next morning.*

When I woke up and felt that there was someone else in the bed with me. Deja vu?

Anyway, I didn’t mind, since it was a cute woman who had climbed into my bed while I slept. Looking at her, she looked similar to Eri, so I assume that this is her other “birth” mother.

It’s really my first time actually seeing her fully. And good lord… with my and her genes, Eri is gonna be a bombshell when she grows up.

???: “Good morning, Erika. You seemed lonely, so I decided to keep you company. I was the one who helped you, and the one who made Eri. My name is Endyria.” She explained.

Endyria looked like a model. With stark black hair and deep red eyes. Her chest size was perfect, just a little above a c cup. Honestly, she was quite beautiful and, we would probably be mistaken as sisters. Since we looked similar. Forbidden love? Kinky...

Erika: “Ah, it’s nice to finally know the name of the mother of one of my children.” I say with a giggle.

Endyria: “Eri, she is very cute. Before coming here, I visited her and your wives. I had finished restoring that girl’s soul, I forgot her name, and I returned her back to Victoria. I also spent some time with Petra. I was surprised to her that she already had a wife. Like Mother, like Daughter, I guess.” Endyria said with a laugh.

Erika: “So it seems. How did you even enter my dimension, though? It should have been blocked off.” I ask with a curious tone.

Endyria: “Did you forget how powerful I am? No one can stop me from going anywhere. You should know, being with me brings many benefits.” Endyria replied with a proud tone.

Erika: “Such as?” I ask.

Endyria: “Although meddling in the mortal world is beneath me, I would do so for you. And I just so happen to be the most powerful Outer Goddess around.” Endyria replied while softly rubbing my head.

Erika: “Isn’t the game just rigged for me then? Ever since I got my System, I haven’t really run into any trouble.” I ask with a curious tone.

Endyria: “Easy? Rigged? I’d say that you’ve been given a ton of advantages, but the game of life isn’t rigged in your favor. You have just been lucky that you haven’t run into anything impossible to deal with.” Endyria said after thinking for a bit.

Erika: “Such as?” I ask.

Endyria: “For example, someone like me. If you piss off an Outer God or Goddess, all they would have to do is snap their fingers, and poof! You’d no longer exist. Which is why we do not need to use the System.” Endyria said with an exaggerated tone.

Erika: “If so, does anyone even stand a chance at winning the so-called war in the future?” I ask with a serious tone.

Endyria: “This game isn’t one we beings of higher power was invited to. Though I will meddle for you, no other being like me would do so. This existence is just one of the many that we have experienced. What is the point of meddling in it?” Endyria explained.

Erika: “Wait… what do you mean by THIS existence?” I ask with a nervous tone.

Endyria: “The System has been developed over many resets. Only beings like me remain after a reset. The war is just a war to decide rather or not to reset once more.” Endyria answered.

Erika: “And how exactly would that be decided?” I ask.

Endyria: “If such a thing was known, existence wouldn’t have been reset thousands of times prior. Oh, each soul is unique in each existence. Once reset, that soul is gone forever, and they won’t appear again in the next existence.” Endyria replied.

Erika: “That fills me with a lot of dread…” I say with a sigh.

Endyria: “Don’t worry about it. I won’t let you disappear.” Endyria said with a warm tone while hugging me.

Erika: “Thanks.” I reply with a smile.

Endyria: “Can I stay with you?” Endyria asked with a nervous tone.

Erika: “What do you mean?” I ask with a head tilt.

Endyria: “I meant, stay with you in this dimension.” She replied.

Erika: “Though we haven’t had sexual or romantic relations, I still already consider you one of my wives. You can stay with me as long as you wish to do so.” I reply after kissing her on the lips.

Hmm… Outer Goddess sure is tasty! Almost as tasty as Monster Cores…

Endyria: “Well then, I thank you for being so kind. I shall stick with you, even though I will earn the ire of your wives.” Endyria said with a bright smile.

Erika: “Why would you earn their ire?” I ask.

Endyria: “I get to spend time with you, while they can’t.” Endyria said with a smug tone.

Erika: “True.” I say with a giggle.

Endyria: “Now then, shall we go visit that silly fox girl?” Endyria proposed.

Erika: “Sure. But put on some clothes first.” I reply.

Ah, I forgot to mention that Endyria was completely nude. What is up with women showing themselves to me without any clothes on? Not that I am complaining, mind you.

Endyria took the lingerie and dress, which were red, that I handed her and put them on. Then we walked hand in hand to Liuka’s room.

I knocked on her door, and she let us in. Her face was beet red. Probably from remembering last night after seeing me.

Liuka: “Last night… that will be a secret, alright?” Liuka said with a pleading tone.

Erika: “Sure. I don’t mind. But I would like to be praised for being able to withhold from doing anything to you last night. You didn’t exactly make it easy, you know.” I reply with a laugh.

Liuka: “Fine, fine! Thanks for not doing anything to me! Honestly, I gained a lot of respect for you. If it was me instead, I wouldn’t have been able to resist the temptation.” Liuka said with a sigh.

Erika: “Ah, your respect feels so good!” I jokingly say.

Liuka: “Please no cheek first thing in the morning… Oh? And who might this be?” Liuka asked with a curious tone after realizing the other woman in the room.

Erika: “One of my wives.” I say with a smile after holding Endyria’s hand softly.

Liuka: “Fuck… you didn’t even do anything to me, and yet one of your wives showed up. No wonder you didn’t want anyone touching you.” Liuka said with a nervous tone.

Well, that’s not exactly the reason that Endyria showed up. But let’s just let Liuka think that. Why? Because it’s funny. The one thing that I’ve learned from Lilith, is that you should always try to have fun.

Endyria: “Do you two have any plans for today? If so, I would be happy if you could include me in them.” Endyria said with a curious tone.

Liuka: “Well, the first thing is that we’re going to do, is eating breakfast.” Liuka replied.

Erika: “Spaghetti?” I ask with a sigh.

Liuka: “After making me feel like that last night, it’s the least you could do. Though, the massage was absolutely amazing. I won’t lie.” Liuka said with a slight pout.

After making that pun last night, I didn’t realize that I would actually be eating spaghetti in the morning. But... I am not upsetti anymore…

Erika: “Fine. Spaghetti for breakfast it is then. Ria, what would you like to eat for breakfast?” I ask while looking at my wife.

Endyria: “You gave me a nickname? I’ll admit, I do like hearing you call me that. But now I can’t give you a nickname, since our daughter is called Eri already. I can’t just call you Ka.” Endyria said with a sigh.

Erika: “Huh? For an Outer Goddess, I’m surprised by your like of creativity. Just call me Rika. That’s a decent nickname.” I say with a giggle.

Endyria: “Hmm… Erika sounds better so, nope. Let’s end this nickname discussion, Liuka is feeling left out. I will eat this… spaghetti as well.” She replied with a laugh.

I then took out three servings of spaghetti from my inventory. Liuka started eating right away. Ria, on the other hand, was hesitant to eat. I had to convince her by feeding it to her. Once she ate a bite, she started eating her plate of spaghetti with gusto.

Ah, I can tell that Liuka and Ria will end up being good friends for Nadia. Wouldn’t you cherish someone who could make mind-blowing food for you? I surely would. And I do!

The cute yet gluttonous fox girl once again ate three servings. Ria ate six servings. Which did surprise both I and Liuka. Cute girls gotta eat, I guess.

Ria: “Now that “breakfast” is finished, what are your plans?” Ria asked.

Liuka: “Honestly, I usually go to this city for the food and the spa. Apart from the hot spring, Erika has completely invalidated food, and the massages that I would get at the spa for me. I guess the only thing we have to do is spread the word about us going after the crystals.” Liuka said after thinking for a bit.

Erika: “Ugh… I am already dreading having to go after the rest of the crystals.” I say with a sigh.

Ria: “Apart from the one being held by a certain group, I already went ahead and got the rest of the crystals. I have also figured out where we have to go to end this frost.” Ria said with a proud tone.

Liuka: “Erika… is all of your wives this amazing? Now we just have to spread the word, and then wait a few days before I can finally get my sweet revenge!” Liuka said with an excited tone.

Erika: “I would say so. Though, while waiting, what should we do in the meantime?” I ask.

Liuka: “Let’s go gambling! I can’t be bothered to spread the rumors myself. I’ll just pay someone else to do that. We’ll stop at their office on the way to the casino.” Liuka replied.

And that is what we did. After we stopped at a shady looking place, Liuka handed a woman a big bag of coins, we then made our way to the casino.

Honestly, I was kinda interesting in going to a casino. Gambling has never been my thing, but with my Luck Stat so high, surely I will just end up winning most of the games, right?

*Hours later.*

And that was how I ended up committing a slaughter in a peaceful city…

Why? Oh, no reason. I just won out all of the money that the casino probably had. I was actually completely willing to give the money back. But instead of asking for it back, they tried to kill me and my companions.

The result? A once very nice and luxurious casino was now drenched in blood and gore. Look, I tried to be on my best behavior. It wasn’t my fault that they tried to kill me.

It wasn’t just guards that came to deal with us, random adventurers did as well. Thus the reason so many people died. Though, the slaughter ended not long after it started.

Why did it stop? The woman who owned the casino showed up. Rather than demand the money back and try to get us arrested, she just apologized.

We kept the money that Ria and Liuka had won, but I gave them back all of the money I won. I didn’t technically cheat, but with my Luck Stat so high, I might as well have cheated.

Funny… I was remorseful over technically cheating, but not even a tiny bit remorseful over all of the people that I just killed. Though, I didn’t kill anyone who seemed like a decent person. I just left them with PTSD…

The owner actually didn’t want the money back but, I told her that she should keep it. She will need a lot of money to clean and repair this casino. She will also have to repair its reputation.

Whether it will be known as a casino that would try to kill a patron that had won a lot of money, or a casino that let someone go on a killing spree in it, will be bad either way. And she will need a decent chunk of money to go toward regaining a good image.

Liuka: “Erika, tell me, is there a place that you can go where you DON’T commit a slaughter?” Liuka asked her rhetorical question with a sigh.

Erika: “I wouldn’t rule out the possibility.” I jokingly say.

Ria: “I think this event was actually pretty tame for Erika.” Ria said.

Liuka: “I know… Dammit! That was my favorite casino! The owner didn’t ban us, but no way in hell can we ever go back to that place.” Liuka said with an annoyed tone.

Erika: “It’s fine.” I reply with a nonchalant tone.

Ria: “I, for one, had a lot of fun. Gambling, and the killing.” Ria said with an evil giggle, which I found quite attractive.

Liuka: “Oh? You had fun? How nice! Now, Erika, it’s fine for you, maybe. But for me, I love gambling! This city was the only one that actually had a decent casino in this dimension.” Liuka replied.

Erika: “Does it matter? Though we can’t go to my dimension right away, for certain reasons, the dimension we’ll end up at when we leave this one, is a modern dimension. You can gamble your little heart out.” I say with a laugh.

Liuka: “Ah, that’s right! We won’t have to stay here any longer! God, I miss living in a modern dimension. Erika, you’ll spot me some money, right?” Liuka asked with puppy… uh… fox eyes?

Erika: “Sure. I can give you a few hundred million USD, and I won’t even ask for any of it back.” I reply with a smile.

Liuka: “Really!?” Liuka said with a shocked tone.

Erika: “Yes. When I said that I would take care of you, I meant it in every sense of the word.” I answer.

Liuka: “Awesome! Ah, I can’t wait to gamble until I pass out!” Liuka said with an excited tone.

Uh… should I be enabling a gambling addiction? Well, gambling is only bad if you want to make money. As long as you’re fine with losing it all. It should be okay, right? Wait… no it isn’t! Addictions are bad regardless of what they manifest as…

I’ll enable her for now, but I’ll have to get her to drop her addiction when we get back to my dimension. Not forcefully mind you. I’ll just have her be entertained with healthy addictions. Like reading, or playing games.

Sure, addictions are bad regardless, but at least those are better than being a gambling addict or an alcoholic. I don’t think that anyone has ever been chastised for reading.

Fuck… did I adopt another girl? I am already treating her like my daughter… Oh well, nothing wrong with having more children, right? Though, whether or not she will see herself as my daughter, doesn’t matter to me.

I will still treat her as my daughter. As a wise woman once said, “All girls should be pampered, as well as cherished.” And I shall follow this code for the rest of my life.

21