Prologue: Nightmare’s End
28 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I dodge over the claw strikes of the nightmare in front of me. I retaliate with quick jabs from my spear and use any moment I can to back away to use a vial to heal myself. The tendrils on the back of the beast continue its relentless attacks.

I dash forward, dodging under a white ball it shoots at me. It launches a claw attack at me, but I manage to interrupt its movements with a quick blast by my gun. It creates a massive opening that I immediately take advantage of. I toss my spear into the body of the beast. I then follow it up with a swift fist, piercing through its eye.
My hands relax as I see the alien body go limp in front of me. I pull the spear from its corpse and look around. I can feel my mind at ease. A feeling of relief.

"The nightmare has ended…" I whisper out looking over to ever growing blood moon. My body shimmering as it changes. "Let me go home… please…" I continue whispering as a tear flows down my cheek. My hand moving to the hole in my chest that the beast's tendril created. I look down towards the wound and see my hand disappearing with a faint glow.

"Leaving this hell will be enough of a reward…" And like that the world grows black for the spear wielding man. In his place is a pile of dust and the corpse of an old man and a tendril covered beast.

--

A bright white figure sitting on a chair in a pure white room stares at the moving painting across from him.

"So, he's finished his journey…" The figure's eyes move away from the painting and down towards the desk in front of him. "Wishing to return home… " The figure says moving the papers to clear his desk. A stamp appearing in his hands that leaves a mark on a blank paper. "We approve." The figure says and the paper in front of him disappears. His eyes returning to the changing painting.

2