4. The first wave
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The big guy didn't understand how the teenager's touch had caused the stone stele to break. He grabbed the teenager's shoulder and pulled him away from the other stele.

"Take your hand away." The teen growled. Before the big guy could say anything, the young man punched him in the gut.

The man's feet left the floor because of the punch. The big man fell to his knees. There was only one person who was not shocked by his pained face.

"Do you think you're stronger just because you're big? Since I drank the potion, my attribute is now more than 140. Did you think you could beat me?" The teen laughed and asked, "I'll ask one more time. Who took the "Defender" quest?"

The twins raised their hands as the big guy groaned in pain.

"Good," said the adolescent. "Now place your hand on the stele bearing your number."

The twins exchanged glances before moving towards the pair of stele. The teen quickly discovered the stele with the numbers #00132459 and #00132460.

"What's a six-digit number?" The adolescent sneered, "You people are far too weak. Even a four-digiter like me had to make a contract to survive. Who knows how long you could go without a contract?"

The teenager shook his head as he approached the large door, but it did not budge. He was about to mutter when he noticed the tall man walking towards the stele.

The teenager frowned as the stele lit up. '#00012308.' 

"Tch..." the teen muttered under his breath. "The elf was correct. I might not have beaten him if I hadn't had the skill and the potion."

The door opened as the tall guy placed his hand on the stele, allowing bright light to enter the tower.

He, with the spear, grew accustomed to the effects of the <Resonance> skill. He slowly stood up, supported by the spear. But before his breath could settle, something ran in from outside.

He didn’t get the chance to draw the attention of others. The teenager drew his sword and crackled...

"Kahhhh," the female twin screamed, drawing everyone's attention to the approaching monster.

As the teenager swung his sword, sparks flew from the tip. The sparks flew and struck two skeletons. The skeleton's body crumbled as the bone rattled.

Before anyone realized what to do, azure sparks erupted from his body, and he vanished from the scene.

*Boom* 

*Slam*

The skeleton monsters' rusted and broken weapons were no match for the teenager's 'Bronze' grade sword laced with lighting.

Each swing sliced right through its bones, never allowing the monster to stand again.

Furthermore, his movement was so fast that it was difficult for others to follow with their own eyes. The teenager had destroyed the ten skeleton monsters before the female twin could compose herself.

"Think of it as my remuneration for leaving the tower," the teenager said, sheathing his sword. "The monster wave will attack every four hours. Try to live as long as you can."

Before anyone could inquire further, the teenager's silhouette crossed the clearing around the tower and vanished into the forest.

Silence enveloped the tower. Fear remained on the twins' faces. The so-called blind girl remained expressionless, and the tall man struggled to comprehend what had just occurred.

#00008850 was the first to move. He checked the broken bones of the skeleton, only to realize that there was not a spake of flesh on the dusty white bones.

“Undead.” He mumbled.

“Maybe.” He wasn’t expecting an answer, but the female voice whispered in his ears.

He jumped back, only to find a girl standing before him with closed eyes. Her closed eyes were missing the normal bulge.

“I am blind, but don’t stare too much.” As she was speaking, there was no expression on her face.

“Then how do you see?”

"Let's not discuss our secret." The girl said without a smile, "I have my way."

"What exactly are these things?" The tall man approached them, clutching his stomach.

"If you've ever played a game, you may have heard the term 'Undead.'" The blind girl responded.

“Undead?” It was understandable that the big guy had difficulty believing her words.

"Is that surprising?" The girl asked. "You've forgotten your name and may have already spoken to a creature you thought was just your imagination. Do you still find it difficult to believe what you're seeing?"

“Are you saying all of this is real?”

“You've never seen us. Why do you think we'll show up in your dream?”

“That…” the big guy had no answer for that question.

"Is it some sort of death game?" The male twin inquired. They appeared to be young as he emerged, holding the hand of his twin sister, at most twelve years.

"It's a game of survival for me. You guys must have chosen to defend the tower for ten days, so... you have to defend it for ten days," the blind girl continued.

"Every 4 hours, a monster wave will arrive. Every one of them will be more powerful than the last."

"How do you know everything?"

The blind girl pointed at the doors inside the tower and added, “You must have met some kind of fantasy creature in your room. It was a dwarf for me. And I don’t think he was joking.”

“Are you telling me that the skeleton was moving on its own?” The tall man was still having a hard time believing it.

“Believe whatever you want. But if you want to live, make up your mind soon.” 

“Then what should I do?” the female twin asked.

“The dwarf told me that both ‘defender’ and ‘striker’ will be given a few quests from the tower. Doing these quests will help you level up and will make you stronger. Let’s see what quest it will give us.”

Even if the blind girl moved as if she could see everything, others still hesitated to follow her. The only person who followed her was the man with spears.

“What should I call you?” He asked as he followed her.

“The blind girl.” She smiled as if she cared little about it. “I can call you ‘Sleagh.’ It means spear in an old language.”

“Okay. I will call you ‘Iris’ then.” Sleagh smiled and added, “It’s better than the blind girl.”

“Your weapon root hasn’t awakened yet. Still, you have a ‘Stone’ grade weapon. You don’t look like someone who had signed a contract with the mercenary groups.”

“I know how to use spears. So, the halfling had gifted me the spears.”

“You know how to use a spear? Good, good.” Iris nodded and touched her stone stele. “Accept your quest first.”

Sleagh did as he was told. As soon as he touched the stele, it lit up.

[Do #00008850 want to accept his quest?]

As soon as he accepted it in his mind, a prompt appeared on the stele.

[Four quests found.]

1