12. Mercenary Free Market
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Title: N/A

Temporary title: #00008857/*****/Sleagh

Level: 0 (40/20)

Traits: <Leach>

Alinement: Arkid Dimensional Mercenary (Neutral)

Strength: 23.10

Constitution: 28.08

Dexterity: 27.17

Intelligence: 22.03

Wisdom: 20.01

Willpower: 22.01

Knowledge: <Intermediate spear mastery (Proficiency 74.27%)>

Skill: <Resonance (C-)> <???>

Quest: 1. Striker (Main).

2. Child's cry (Auxiliary).

3. Energy crystal* (Daily) (Complete)

4. Food* (Daily) (Complete)]

Opening his eyes, Sleagh saw the transparent status window floating in the air. For the time being, he ignored it. He began by inspecting his body.

'Sore' isn't the right word to describe his body's condition. Even the tip of his hair seemed to be throbbing in pain.

He groaned in pain just by moving his right hand. However, when he raised his right hand and looked against the backdrop of the tower's inner roof, he discovered no wound.

He touched his other shoulder, unsure what had happened, but there was no wound. There was pain, but he could move his left hand with no problem.

It wasn't just the wounds. When Sleagh concentrated on feeling his body, he discovered no burning sensation spreading across it.

Sleagh was sure it wasn't a dream. Although he wasn't sure how he had recovered, the desperate fight brought him to reality.

'I've been taking it too lightly,' sighed Sleagh. Even if no one told him, he knew he was on the verge of death.

Sleagh knew he couldn't stop the sudden appearance of those lunar monsters, but he also knew he'd made many mistakes.

He should have known that the smell of blood would draw monsters. After all, they were in the middle of a forest.

Most importantly, he underestimated the threat goblins and lunar monsters posed.

'I should have been more careful,' he sighed, knowing that he might have died if Biggie and the twins hadn't come to his aid.

He realised it could have been them who had brought him inside the tower and treated his injuries and poison.

He checked his status only after confirming that there was no longer a problem with his body.

'17 juvenile bird-headed monsters gave 17 experience points, the graded Lunar Devil gave 10, and 3 goblins killed by my spear gave 3...' He calculated that not only had his experience points increased, but so had his attributes. Even though it was less than one, it was a significant increase.

'So give the graded monster more attributes.' Even if he hadn't levelled up, he felt the change in his body.

No matter how lucrative the reward might be, he really didn't want to fight another Lunar devil, at least not now.

Aside from the increased spear proficiency, he also realised he had completed the daily quests.

[Daily Quest: Acquire energy crystal.

Quest description: The tower defense requires a constant supply of energy crystals. The defenders are responsible for protecting the tower, while the striker serves as a supply chain. Provide ten mana crystals to the defenders every day.

Duration: Daily.

Reward: 30 exp points.

Status: Completed (63/30)]

[Daily Quest: Acquire food.

Quest description: The tower defense requires a constant supply of food. The defenders are responsible for protecting the tower, while the striker serves as a supply chain. Provide ten food sources to the defenders every day.

Duration: Daily.

Reward:  30 exp points.

Status: Completed (31/30)]

"Did you wake up?" A girl's face gazed down on him before he could comprehend how he had acquired 60 new energy crystals.

"Are you okay now?" The big guy smiled and pointed to his shoulder, asking,  "Are you in any pain?"

"No, I am fine." Biggie wanted to assist, but Sleagh had already stood up.

"Then, can you then assist us a little?" The young lady inquired.

'Did she really wake me up and ask me to do something?' Sleagh was bemused.

He considered saying something but decided against it. After all, he would have died without the assistance of those guardians.

Biggie could already tell what Sleagh was thinking. "We just fought the fourth wave," he explained quickly. "We defenders can't go too far from the tower, so... If you can assist us in bringing the gnolls' bodies inside the tower."

Sleagh had already begun to realize the connection between the two roles designated by the tower. As a result, he chose not to say anything.

Sleagh gave them another look before walking towards the door without saying anything. Biggie and the boy moved closer to the Stele in order to open the door.

"This is every weapon we've recovered." The girl pointed to the pile of weapons by the door.

He reached for his 'Stone' grade spear first. The information panel appeared in front of him.

[Agate Spear (Stone grade) (Restoring)

Length: 214 cm

Attack: 27-31

Durability: 37/40

Option: +2 durability recovery every hour.]

A sharpened spear and a couple of burnt spears were also present. What drew his attention the most were five blue crystal-headed short spears.

[Energy crystal spear (Stone grade)

Length: 167 cm

Attack: 41-47

Durability: 58/65

Option: (+) Energy Steam

(+) Penetration.]

Even if the door had already been opened, Sleagh meticulously examined each spear.

He had noticed a few things. A few spears lacked the penetration option. Most importantly, none of the spears had an attack power higher than 49.

Sleagh examined one of the energy crystal spears and swung it several times. He repeated the process with all five of them.

Sleagh chose the most appropriate one. Before leaving the tower, he took the bone daggers with a few stick spears.

The sun had already begun to set behind the sea of trees, turning the sky orange. When he left, he noticed the deep stench of blood in the air.

It didn't bother him. He'd seen way too much in a single day. His nose was already resistant to the metal-like odour of red blood and the fishy stench of blue blood.

He discovered fur-covered humanoids with hyena heads as he got closer to the dead bodies.

A new guardian with a lance was the next thing he noticed. It had cracks all over its body. It wasn't the only one. The club of the club guardian and the sword guardian's right hand were already broken.

'Is the gnoll that powerful?' Sealgh couldn't help but wonder. However, he understood why they needed his help. It took some time and effort for him to drag every single one of them inside the tower.

As soon as Sleagh dragged the body in, the other started inspecting the gnoll's clothing.

"What are you doing?"

"They occasionally conceal the energy crystal within their clothing," Biggie spoke up.

"The raven-headed monsters' spears are also made of energy crystal." The girl added as she took a small crystal from the monster's belt.

"Are you talking about these crystals?" Sleagh asked, looking at the blue crystal-headed spear.

"They are 'E' grade energy crystals," the girl said, nodding. "They have nearly ten times the energy."

Sleagh looked at the four spears on the pile while listening to her words. It made sense to him now.

"Do you know how I complete my quest?" he asked after a brief moment of thought.

"It's from the stele."

Sleagh nodded and walked over to the weapon pile. He pulled out two spears and the only spearhead of a broken spear.

He approached the stele after confirming the spears had the lowest durability. A notification appeared as soon as he touched the stele.

[Do you want to submit the quest?]

"Yes"

[Daily Quest: Acquire food is completed.]

[30 exp point awarded.]

[Daily Quest: Acquire energy crystal is completed]

[30 exp point awarded.]

[Please return after sunrise to accept your daily quest]

Those spears and spearhead were gone from his grasp. But it wasn't the most surprising thing to him.

"Where are the kobold and lunar devil bodies?"

"The lunar devil?" The twin sister appeared puzzled. "Who is the blue-blooded monster? Well, that..."

"Listen, Sleagh, you were in a critical situation after the fight with those monsters," Biggie said, wrapping his hand around his shoulder. "the goblin's dart had poisoned you, so…"

"So, while you were unconscious, we traded bodies in the Mercenary free market." The girl continued, pointing to the red crystal necklace around her neck. "We brought an intermediate healing potion with 100 exps and five anti-poison potions. That is why you can move again."

"Mercenary free market?" mumbled Sleagh.

 

1