Chapter 4 – This isn’t what I ordered!
2.2k 8 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Majority chose ATMCMV as the mode of transportation. Let's see what it looks like!

Tryx decided to choose the ATMCMV as his method of transportation.

Civilian car is nice and all but it doesn’t have protection and off road capabilities. But whatever this ATMCMV is its definitely military vehicle. Although, he's starting to recall some bits of his previous life's memory about this ATMCMV. Something about joke of some sort from the developers… But it doesn’t matter! What’s important is that you don’t have to walk for 4 days to reach the town!

So fuck you walking! You’re gonna pollute Mother Nature along the way until you reach Blu-whatever Town!

As he was laughing maliciously, the elf called him.

“Stranger! What are you doing?!” Tryx snapped out of his daydream and took notice of the angry elf coming right at you.

“Ahh, hey… Nothing. Just uh… planning…”

“Tch! Planning?! It’s no use! You better start walking right now if you want to reach Bulgen!” As the elf turned away, he spoke.

“Why would you walk when there’s another method?”

The elf stopped and turned around. “Oh really?” she raised her brows and crossed her arms. “What method do you propose?”

Tryx grinned, “Heh, a vehicle!”

The elf blinked, “Vi-huh-kul? What is that? An animal?”

Tryx couldn’t content his excitement as he's about to pull one of those ‘pro-gamer move’ in front of her.

“Heh, watch this!” Tryx opened up the screen and hit the ‘Vehicles’ tab. There, he tapped the ATMCMV. Once he done that, a message appeared.

Request this vehicle?
Costs 100 C-points

Tryx grinned, “Hell yeah.” Before tapping the confirmation button, the elf called him.

“Stranger…” Tryx turned to her and she looked puzzled. “What are you doing? Some sort of spell?”

“Uh no… I am requesting a vehicle right now. See?” He turned the screen facing her to show the so-called power of requesting.

“See what?” the elf blinked in confusion.

Tryx was speechless, baffled at the spot. “Don’t you see anything in my hand? Like a big blackboard?” he inquired.

“I only see a fool holding nothing but air!” She got annoyed thinking that he's making fun of her.

Nothing but air?

Tryx thought for a sec as he looked back at the screen, “She didn’t see my status screen?”  Tryx thought this as a discovery.

Most of the anime tropes especially Isekai genre that he read mostly uses the RPG leveling up concept. Be it light novel, web novel, manga and stand alone anime they mostly use the RPG game world concept as the core of the story. But here, only HE have that game system. Well, there are other series that uses simple concept like him right now but this is rare. He's the only one realized of this system. When she said that she didn’t see anything in his hand, does this mean that leveling system doesn’t exist in this world?

As Tryx was pondering about this new world, the girl snapped at your ears again.

“HELLLLOOOOO! STRANGER!” she was utterly pissed. “WHERE IS THIS VI-HUH-KUL OF YOURS?! I DON’T WANT TO BE TAKEN AS A FOOL!”

Sheesh, does every elf act like her?

“Hey, I’m talking to you here, stranger!”

“Could you please stay quiet, I’m working on it!” Tryx rebuked and pressed the confirmation button. Once he done it, a smoke grenade materializes in his right hand. “Smoke grenade?” Tryx inspects the grenade, it was the same game model grenade except it was marked with red line indicating the color of the smoke.

This reminds him of the feature for the kill streak. Perhaps it uses the same method?

Suddenly, a small window appeared with a message.

You can request any type of vehicle at the same time. However, if you do not have any enough C-points you will not be able to request. Vehicles will not disappear until it is destroyed. Ammunition and fuel can be replenish by requesting care package from the shop.

“Huh…” the reincarnated gamer raised an eyebrow as he read the message. Ammunition and fuel can be bought from the shop? Quite convenient! The window closed itself afterwards once he pressed the 'OK' button.

He pulled the pin off and threw at the flat ground 6 meters away from you and the elf. Soon, the smoke started puffing out of the can filling up the area. Suddenly, the radio on chest came to life in his ears.

“This is Mother Goose seven; we’ve confirmed your smoke! Package is inbound!”

“Stranger, what is that red colored smoke?!” the elf exclaimed and quickly hid behind Tryx.

“Relax, just watch this!” Suddenly, a whirring sound filled the sky. Tryx looked up in the air and saw the C-130 Hercules aircraft passing by the sky. “Huh, so the animation still plays…”

“What is that?!” the elf exclaimed starting shake as the Hercules coming close to her. 

The plane passes by his head and there is a solid black shadow falling from the Hercules. After falling for a few feet, the parachute opens slowing the black item down as it descends. As the item starting to show its shape, he could see that it was placed on a wooden pallet with a bright military camo netting covering the vehicle strapped on the pallet. It must be some top secret vehicle to include camo netting with the vehicle. Tryx could barely content his excitement as it reaches the ground.

“Package delivered.” The pilot added before disappearing from the sky.

“Stranger! I’m scared!” the elf just gripped Tryx's vest tightly as she uses him as a shield.

As the item about to reach the ground, the parachute detaches from the pallet and disappears into thin air, the pallet drops onto the ground letting out a metallic clanking sound as it smashes the ground.

“EEEPPP!” she let out a shriek as the elf grips his vest tighter than ever. “W…W-W-What iz zat?!” You stepped forward towards the pallet leaving the scared elf behind. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! COME BACK HERE!”

“Relax!” Tryx said as he approaches the pallet. Looking at the sheer size, it wasn’t massive at all but it does have the size around of that Humvee. Maybe it is an equivalent of Humvee. Or perhaps something that has the look of an Otokar Cobra? Only one way to find out! “Hey, elf. Come here!”

“What? Don’t call me elf! I have a name!” she retorted as she stomped the ground repeatedly.

Ah, he haven’t acquainted with her yet. All what happened earlier makes him forget about introducing each other. Well, she was traumatized so it can’t be helped.

“Oh really? I thought you’re just a generic elf!” Tryx said jokingly as he undone the straps around the pallet.

“You insolent human! I will have you know my name right now!” she yelled back unable to take the joke. “My name is Yuwen Terreshua! Make sure to remember that, foolish human!” Tryx simply laughed at her introduction. “What so funny, human?!”

“Nothing, didn’t expect you to promote yourself like that!” he chuckled.

“How rude! Is it not the time for you to introduce yourself, young man?!”

Nice cue, good thing he made her introduce first.

“Well, the name’s Tryx.” he replied continuing undone the remaining straps on the ATMCMV.

“That’s it?” the elf was expecting something more.

“That’s just it.”

The elf then laughed, “Oh I see, for such barbarian methods and actions… to not have second name must be shameful for you!” she sneered.

“Oh… By the way, it’s not my real name!” He added again as the final strap was undone from the vehicle and the pallet. “I think that’s all!”

“Then, what is your real name… Tryx?”

“Pfft! Why would I tell my real name to the person who tried to kill me?” Tryx teased her again.

“What?! It was you who bled me with your… weird weapons!” she shows her bandaged arm trying to prove her point.

“Oh, then what exactly happened after I beat those goblins?” Tryx made a smug at her.

“Isn’t it obvious? You tried to help me and I tried to…” Yuwen stuttered as she remembered what exactly happened afterwards.

Still keeping his smug, he raised his brows, “To what?”

There was a brief moment of silence from her. Eventually, she said it.

“I tried to attack you…”

“Ding ding ding! You’re correct!”

Tryx could clearly see her disgust and annoyance towards him in one face. Damn, this girl is easy to manipulate and gullible. Guess teasing her along the way would be fun.

“Anyways… Jokes aside, you ready to see the thing I’m talking about earlier?” he went at the front of the vehicle as he readied to pull the camo netting.

Yuwen focused back at you, her scary face disappears. “Oh, you mean the Vi-huh-kul thing?”

“Yup, you ready to see it?”

“Is it a living thing?”

“You tell me.” Tryx grabbed the lower edge of the camo netting and looked at her. “You ready?”

The elf gulped, “Show me!”

He smirked, “Now feast your eyes!” Tryx pulled the camo netting away from the vehicles as fast as he could and threw it aside without looking back at the mystery machine. He want it to be surprised for himself as well. The reincarnated gamer couldn’t remember what it look, so surprising himself might bring back some memories.

“By seven gods! What is this contraption?!” the elf exclaimed. Yuwen’s eyes were glued to whatever she is looking at. She remained petrified at the sight of the machine before her.

Tryx who still haven’t turned around just stood there, enjoying the elf’s reaction.

“What is this? Is it a cart? It has a wheel!” her eyes were darting around the vehicle itself.

“Sort of like that.” 

“Is that… a seat?” her eyes were looking closer to the seat.

“Yup, sure is…” 

“And those long barrels… What are those?!” she exclaimed referring the barrels of the machine guns.

“Weapons.” You nodded.

“And its…” she paused marveling at the modern engineering. “And it’s…” you waited for her next line in excitement. “And it’s… It’s white!” 

He nodded as Tryx was proud of the color.

“Yup, it’s white!” hold up! Did he just heard 'white'? “Wait, what? Did you just say white?” he asked Yuwen, slightly confused.

“Yes! This… Vi-huh-kul of yours is white in color! That is the color of the purity!” she said in amazement.

He was confused, white? Why would there be any white combat vehicles? 3 years of playing modern combat versions of the ‘Warfighter’ series not a single of the game featured white colored combat vehicles. There was a group of modders on Steam that provide UN peacekeeper skin for vehicles on PC platform. Did he get the UN version? Well, that doesn’t matter since you haven’t seen what the vehicle yet.

As soonest Tryx turned around to look at the vehicle, his eyes widened.

He could not believe what he had just witnessed. 

No wonder Yuwen was marveled by the beauty of this vehicle.

Is it an MRAP? An LAV??  Or even a light tank???

NO!

Before his eyes, the ATMCMV is actually…

A model 1999 Toyota Hilux technical.

Yes, that’s what he ordered.

A fucking Toyota Hilux technical, straight out of Syria battleground…

“THE FUCK?!” Tryx exclaimed down to top of his lungs. 

He circled around the ‘middle eastern battle chariot’ scanning the vehicle.

The Hilux has its suspension raised with shock absorbers to mimic its 2006 version, the front bumpers have been replaced with spike looking thing straight out of Mad Max series, a PK machine gun was placed at the passenger side next to the driver and at the top, one DShK 12.7 heavy machine gun where the side of the bed is placed with make shift armors to protect the gunner’s side. Like Yuwen said earlier, it was colored in white except it’s all dirtied with sands and dusts like it just got transported out straight out of Syria.

“This is marvelous, Tryx!” Yuwen exclaimed but he thought differently.

“NO! THIS ISN’T WHAT I EXPECTED!” Tryx cringed. Was he scammed?! ATMCMV is actually a junk?!

“What do you mean? Look at this gorgeous thing! Is this a golem? I’ve never seen such high quality build! Can I touch it?!” Yuwen’s eyes were sparkling and she was eager to touch the machine.

“Yeah yeah, do whatever you want! But don’t touch the barrels!”Tryx quickly brushed her.

“OKAY!” she eventually touches the Hilux all over the place.

Meanwhile, he went to side full of rage as he opens the status window.

Tryx went back to the same page and there, the shadowy ATMCMV has now replaced by the picture of the Hilux battle wagon itself with the new description - 'Sandy Chariot'. His eyes widened thinking what actually happened? Tapping on the vehicle’s picture and there, the specs and the description are shown. Paying no attention at the specs, he went straight for the description. 

‘You thought it’s gonna be some awesome military vehicle, but it was I, TOYOTA HILUX!’

April Fool login reward from the ‘Warfighter’ developers team. Hope you guys like it!

As soonest Tryx read the description, everything makes sense now.

Ah yes, he finally remembered it. It was a 'Spoof Item'. Everyone was into this chariot when it came out, some were not happy but since it was April fools joke they just suck it up. Everyone who logged in on the 1st of April gets these rewards and it has been in the battle royal map since then. It became a meme. Everyone just spawn this vehicle whenever they want in any map. How funny, he were really into this junk back in previous life because of the meme. Now, Tryx complained it as if he just got scammed.

“Motherfucking joke…” Tryx muttered as he turned around and looked back at the Hilux where the elf is rubbing her cheeks at the hood.

Tryx  sighed deeply and decided to stick with car.

Well, if the Middle Eastern people see its use in the war guess you’ll have to trust on this big baby. At least it’s better than the Kia Optima that is lightly armored and lack any protection capability.

After done lamenting, Tryx went to the gears section once again to inspect any latest item. There, some of the tabs have ‘!’ symbol blipping requiring your attention. He picked ‘Change Gears’ to see any other clothing. As far as he remembers, there are more than 20 branded tactical outfits for players to choose from. As he is about to change the uniform, Tryx noticed ‘Buy more clothes’ at the bottom of the list. He tapped and it redirects the screen to the store where most cosmetic skins and outfits are there.

He scrolled down and saw a lot of clothing including generic civilian clothing. Tryx knows very well he doesn’t need it as the current uniform is already enough albeit a little bit hot. Wait…

Tryx accidentally looked at Yuwen who was still playing around the vehicle where she climbs the back of the truck. At the same time her pose was too erotic, she displayed her pussy at Tryx without realizing it.

He felt aroused by her erotic ass. Stupid sexy Yuwen!

“Fuck, stay down boy!” Tryx slapped his dick hard forcing it to retract. In the end, he decided to buy some clothes to prevent it from happening ever again.

After scrolling for few seconds, he spott the best clothing for her.

He bought a green sharkskin jacket, a white t-shirt and a black female jean pants. Good thing there is an option for female since the previous game doesn’t have it. As for her footwear, Tryx doesn’t have to buy one since she still has her boots. Overall, it costs 150 C-points and it was cheap. Once he confirmed the transaction, the clothes materialized by his side.

“What is it, Tryx?” she took notice of the items in his hands. “What are those?”

He threw the clothes into her arms. “These are for you. Go ahead and change.”

“What?” she inspect the jacket and pants in her hands. “How did you get your hands on these clothing?!”

He felt too tired to answer all this Q&A session knowing that explaining it to her would be hard.

“Look, just go and put on those clothes!  We’re moving now!”

Tryx booted her into the bushes forcing her to put on her new get up in there. It didn’t take long until she came back in those clothes with his combat jacket in her hand.

“How’s the new get up going for you?” Tryx asked.

“A little bit tight around my hips but… It’s surprisingly comfortable!” she replied as she twists her body around, checking at every angle. 

“That’s modern engineering for you!” Tryx thought.

“Oh, you can have this back!” she threw the combat jacket back at him. She then proceeds to scan the Hilux again. “Now, how does this Vi-huh-kul of yours work? It doesn’t seem to be alive…”

“Get in, I’ll show you how it works.” Tryx enters the Hilux and opened the passenger’s side door, “Come on in!” he called out to her. She stood there looked scared and anxious. “What’re you waiting for?”

“H-How are you sure that it won’t eat us?!”

“You want me to leave you here?”

“DON’T YOU DARE!”

“Then get in!”

“FINE!” she enters the Hilux.

She had a hard time trying to position herself despite the method is just simple as entering a cart. Once it’s done, you shut the door. Yuwen however, looked annoyed. When Tryx ordered her to put on seat belts, she have no idea what that is until he had to put one on her.

“OK. We’re all set.” he turned up the engine and a loud growl came from the hood startling the elf.

“Wha-wha?!Tryx! It’s ALIVE! THIS THING IS ALIVE!”

“Calm down, it’s just the engine. Now, hold on tight.” He began shifting the gear stick and hit the pedal.

The Hilux rolls down the road slowly and starting to gain speed after a few meters.

“Tryx! We’re moving! This thing is moving!” The elf exclaimed like a child that rides on a car for the first time.

“Yes, I know… I know…”

It seems there will be no need to walk anymore. Guess reaching Blu-whatever town will take only few hours. Huzzah to Hilux! But with all of this armament, isn’t it too much? If he have to think thoroughly, its not like he's gonna meet with some problems along the way to Blu-whatever town… Right?

That's where you're wrong kiddo!

Choose enemies that will spawn to attack them
  • bandits Votes: 3 23.1%
  • more goblins Votes: 0 0.0%
  • militia Votes: 4 30.8%
  • orcs Votes: 6 46.2%
Total voters: 13 · This poll was closed on Dec 15, 2019 03:59 PM.
31