Chapter 6 – Strike Back
1.8k 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Everyone choose to fight the orcs in the last poll. Also, this is going to be a long chapter.

Tryx decided to stand the ground and show these orc bastards he has some balls.

The orcs lets out a loud huffing sound and starting to walk towards the car.

Yuwen who was still frightened let out a small squealed seeing the orcs have begun their advance.

She was scared but Tryx needed her to steel her resolve. She needs to fight this battle.

The AKM he has can only take small fries but the swole ones? Tryx needed more than that. The only thing he could do is mount onto the DShK at the back and use it to kill the bigger orcs. There's a PK machine gun mounted at the passenger's side that can be use to take out the small fries but he can't use both at the same time. He has no choice but to give that role for someone else.

"Hey, Yuwen..." Tryx called her. "You see the gun in front of you?" he gestured at the PK machine gun mounted on the dashboard in front of her.

"Y... Yes..." she croaked as she doesn't have strength to talk.

"I want you to use it."

"What?!"she looked at Tryx will full of surprise.

"Listen here, I want you to pick off those small fries for me, OK? You can do this." even the small pep talk wasn't enough for her. Fear was is still visible in her eyes. "Look, you've seen what my weapons are capable of. You can kill them with ease."

Yuwen nodded despite still afraid.

"Good, I want you to cover me." As he was about to step out, she grabbed Tryx's arm.

"Wh-Where are you going?!"

"There's another gun at the back of this truck. I'm gonna use it to kill the big boys. Cover me."

"You're not gonna run away and leave me right?" the elf made a doggy eyes showing that she want assurance.

Tryx patted her head and smiled, "I won't." he went to the PK machine gun and racked the charging handle, a signal that the machine gun is ready to fire. "Listen here, aim the gun downrange and then you press this trigger and count to five and then stop. Repeat the same process. Don't spray all over place, pick your targets and shoot them. Got it?"

"Understood." the elf nodded.

50 meters away, the orcs began to growl and walked faster towards the truck. It seems that they are about to attack.

"Here they come! Cover me!" Tryx kicked the door opened and jumped out of the Hilux.

"Got it!" Yuwen began lined up the sight, "And then he said press this..." and she squeezed the trigger.

RATATATA!

She could feel the recoil coming from the machine gun smacking her shoulder forcing her to stop shooting at the moment. Two orcs took a hit at their abdomen and head died instantly from the hit. The incoming orcs stopped and baffled over the scene that had just happened. They didn't understand how it happened and what hit them but the only thing they know is rush forward.

"EEEEP!" Yuwen saw the incoming hordes and began shooting again.

RATATATA!

Another rounds wasted the incoming orcs. She fired more rounds onto 7 seven orcs which hits their body parts. Some of the orcs lose their head, some lost their limbs. They were crying in pain as they tried to return to the rest of their brethren but only to be killed the incoming hail of bullets.

Tryx who had just climbed the back of the truck saw the carnage that Yuwen made.

"Keep it up!" Tryx yelled back as he prepared the DShK. Suddenly, he moved on his own.

Like the med kit animation, his arms automatically moved on its own as he never operated DShK in real life. The bullet was loaded from the can and pulled the charging handle as hard as he can and then, the animation ended.

"Lock and load." You trained the oversize machine gun down the group of orcs. Aim down the irons as the larger orcs approaches your truck.

"Tryx! The big orcs are coming!" Yuwen warned.

"Just keep firing! I got this!"

Tryx aimed at the group of orcs running alongside the chad ones. Once they entered his range, he pushed the trigger.

BRATATATATATATA!

The DShK roared as a burst of flame was released through the muzzle. The 12.7mm rounds shredded the smaller orcs into pieces. Their heads disappeared, limbs torn apart, the orcs' line were easily broken not even their shields can stop the incoming high velocity and heavy projectile from crushing them. Some continue to charge forward but only to be gun downed by Yuwen's shots. The smaller ones decided to retreat but it was useless. The human size orcs are now decimated leaving the big ones.

Tryx redirect the sight towards the line of giant orcs and fired upon them.

The 12.7mm smashed through their armor easily. Some lifted up hands to shield their view from the incoming bullets but it penetrated their skin easily. He kept firing onto the eight large orcs just to make sure they are dead. But the rain of bullets barely affected them as they continue to march forward towards their truck.

Eventually, one of the bullets smashed the large orc's hand and penetrated through their skull killing them.

Eventually, both of the DShK and the PK machine gun stopped firing. The field is now full of dead orcs and the ones left standing are the large orcs which were fill of bullet holes.

"No way..." Yuwen's fear starting to take over her again.

The DShK hissed as it was overheated from the continuous fire he made. After shooting the entire rounds of 12.7 onto these swole bastards, Tryx only managed to kill one.

ONE LARGE ORC.

By meta standards, DShK is one of the strongest heavy machine gun in the game. To think that the strongest machine gun couldn't kill all orcs makes it even scarier. Who knows if KPV which was chambered with 14.5mm could kill it but that would be other story. Right now, the best course of action is too kill the remaining swole orcs.

One of the orc shot a piercing glare on both of them. Tryx could feel the intense and fear rising within your heart. It huffed as if it was mocking him. After a few seconds of standing, the orc presumably leader began to approach you followed by its loyal subordinates.
"Shit!" you squeezed the trigger as soonest the DShK's barrel has cooled down. "Shoot them, Yuwen!"

Yuwen squeezed the trigger following your suit. 

Another wave of bullets rained on the orcs but they simply block it with their massive weapon or with their non dominant arms. They took the pain and hit like a real man. Like real Chads. 

Suddenly, Yuwen's PK machine gun stopped firing. 

"Tryx! This gun have stopped working!" Yuwen was oblivious to the concept of gun so she doesn't know what made it stopped firing. 

"Just keep your head down! I got this!" Tryx yelled back and kept firing.

He's too busy handling the incoming orcs, heading down there to check out the problem with the gun is going to expose both of them in danger. The best course is to keep shooting. 

Suddenly, he could hear the bolt smacking in. Tryx looked at the side and noticed the gun has run out of ammo. 

"Of all the times!" he quickly looked around the back and saw two more can of 12.7mm next to him. "Shit!" he reached out his hand and once again, the automatic animation starts again. Once the gun is all loaded up, he pulled the charging handle and continue shooting at the orcs. "Just die already!" 

He fired more rounds, they are 30 meters away and closing in yet, none of them fell down to your gun fire. 

"Tryx!" Yuwen yelled. It seems she has started crying. 

"I'll kill 'em all. Don't worry!" Tryx kept firing. Suddenly, an arrow struck the Hilux's rooftop forcing him to stop firing. 

"Tryx! An arrow just pierced the roof!" Yuwen added again. 

Tryx turned around towards the direction of the arrow. There, at the bump where you original came from stood two company of orcs. They were yelling battle cry and hoisting the beheaded militias in the air at the end of their spears and stakes. Yuwen caught the sight of their brutality and starting to lose her wits. For her to be this scared, it means their efforts were hopeless.  Even Tryx who were armed with modern weapons were shook by their superior number. Not even some mere grenades would be able to stop them. 

"Well.... Fuck me..." Tryx regretted his choice in choosing to fight them. Perhaps he should have run when he had the chance. 

"We're... We're doomed!" Yuwen's voice broken into tears. She couldn't believe this is the end. 

"NO. NOT JUST YET!" Tryx jumped down and quickly enters the cab. "Hang on!" 

"What're we gonna do?!" Yuwen asked. 

"We're running away!" 

As soonest he turned up the engine, he shift the stick into 'Drive' position and sped off to the left where there are barely enemies blocking the road. 

The speedometer continues to rise up as he kept pushing the pedal trying to lose the sight of the enemy at their back. There are some orcs chasing them but they're eventually couldn't keep up and left behind. Tryx quickly turned the Hilux down the road leading to Vulgar Town, the original destination. After 10 minutes of speeding, the traces of orc eventually disappeared. The only thing all round both of them is the lush green plains again. 

"Did we lose them?" Yuwen looked behind through the cab, wondering if there are any pursuers. 

"I think so. Haven't seen those nasty fuckers with the UAV." 

"I... Is that so..." the elf nodded. 

Silence filled the air once again. After a few minutes, she spoke again. 

"Thank you." she said softly. 

"For what?" Tryx glanced at her. "Saving you from the goblins?"

"And for staying with me while fighting the orcs." 

He chuckled, "It was nothing. To be honest, I would like to apologize to you too."

The elf blinked in confusion. "Why would you apologize?"

"So, you don't mind me about shooting your hand back then?" he said jokingly and Yuwen instantly taken aback.

"Wha-?! Of course I don't! It hurts like hell and stings a lot!" she yelled back showing her still bandaged hand. Tryx simply laughed at the joke. "I'm serious here!" 

"I know! I know!" he stopped laughing but the smile on his face didn't fade. The elf sat back with her arms crossed and huffed out as she is annoyed by your joke.

Silence filled the space between the two them for a brief before you spoke. 

"You know, you did a good shooting back there..." he glanced at her again.

"Is that a praise?" Yuwen looked at him with her eyes widened as if she was confirming something. 

"Yeah, I mean, you did hell of job keeping those little fuckers from coming to us."

The elf blushed, she scratched her cheek and looked away in embarrassment. He could sense that she might be taking a pride from the praising right now. Tryx could see that she's trying to hold back her smug, this girl is definitely like a little puppy. He couldn't helped but wondering if she wanted head pats? But wouldn't she pissed if he does that? He thought for a while but decided not to pat her in the end. 

Yuwen made a fake cough, she flapped her blonde hair and sat up straight. Wait, he's seen this act before. Its just like in those typical anime!

"Her next line must be - 'You should be grateful, human' or something like that." 

"You should be grateful human!" Yuwen said in a loud tone trying to show her superiority. 

"Nailed it!" you screamed internally for your next level intuition. You just made Joseph proud!

"That you have a superior race sitting next to you!" she said high and mightily. "Without me, you would have been killed by those orcs!" 

 There she goes again. Time to slap a little reality on her. 

"Yeah, you're so superior..." wait for it.

"Fufufu, praise me more! Soon, I'll be the master!" Yuwen kept promoting herself. 

"Yes, yes you are Yuwen." He's about to end this elf's delusion. "Obviously, you're deserved to be called master." 

"Thank you!" 

"Master at getting caught." 

"Yes, I am! Master at gett- What was that?!" Yuwen snapped after realizing that Tryx have trolled her. "Are you mocking me, human?!" 

Tryx laughed out loud. Damn, she is gullible. She needs to learn her mistakes.

"Hey, I'm just stating the obvious! I mean, I saved you from the goblins AND drove us out from getting into those ORC-GY!" he added a terrible pun at the end. It wasn't funny at all for Yuwen.

"Hey, it was you who got us into the fight against the orcs!" 

"True, at the very least I'm not that stupid to get myself into trouble and got myself pinned down, 'Master of getting caught'." 

"Enough with that name, you idiot!" 

Damn, teasing this girl feels just too good! 

As the elf was shouting at him, a large structure came into view. It was a fortress like those medieval fortification mixed in with fantasy element. There was a river surrounding the fortress, one of the most common defense system of the medieval. There's also a wooden bridge fixed with chains at both side. As they drove closer, the truck passes a sign with weird letters. Not knowing where you have arrived, you turned to the only local with you for answer. 

"Hey, Yuwen... What is that?" 

Yuwen looked at the sight in front of her, she suddenly smiled and her eyes were glittering as if she has found haven.

"Tryx! We're here!" 

"That?" He pointed at the fortress in disbelief. "That's Bluey Town?" 

She slapped at the back of his helmet hard enough to push the reincarnated gamer forward. "Don't insult the town! Its Bulgen Town! Remember that name!"

Wait, all this time he's been saying ridiculous names?! Well, it doesn't matter anymore, at least he reached Booby Town. Wait. That's not the right name. 

Anyways, as soonest the Hilux arrived at the bridge, there is a checkpoint up ahead. Several soldiers saw his 'golem' and some of the civilians at the large gate starting to pour into the fortress town. Several soldiers armed with scutum shield formed a testudo formation at the gate, readying their spears to attack the truck. Seems they're assuming the two as a threat. 

"Halt!" one of the soldiers ordered. Tryx stopped the car at his orders. "Show yourself, golem master!" 

Golem master? There are those kind of guys in this world too? Well, didn't matter that much. What matters is that they are assuming him as a threat. Right now, Tryx need to explain carefully that he's not a threat. 

Now, he just hope that this time he could have a humane and rational conversation. Unlike what happened with Yuwen of course. 

Tryx have 30 meters range, enough distance for him to set up either the PK machine gun or the DShK. Try just hope that he don't need to use these things should it got nasty. 

"Alright, Yuwen..." Before he could tell her the orders, she jumped out of the Hilux and made her run towards the checkpoint. "What the?! Yuwen!" Tryx disembarked and quickly ran to catch up with her. "Yuwen! Stop getting yourself into trouble!" 

"Everyone!" Yuwen yelled out as she approaches the knights. She waved her hands and cried as she runs across the bridge. 

The knights lowered their guard for some reason. As Yuwen was running across the bridge, a red haired woman emerges from the knights' testudo formation. Unlike the rest of the soldiers, she had a grand looking armor compared to the other foot soldiers. Tryx's first impression was either she was an officer or even a noble. She seemed to be in her early thirties based on her look, probably younger. 

"Yuwen?" the red haired woman said. Tears began forming at edge of her eyes as soonest she saw the golden hair before her eyes. 

Yuwen noticed the woman, "Lydia?!" she ran faster towards the woman named Lydia. 

The two embraces each other as they met each other. Tears rolling down their cheeks as they hugged each other for a very long time. It was a heartwarming moment for both of them. 

Eventually, Tryx stopped chasing her after seeing the warm reunion. Are they friends? Or perhaps... Lover? Nah, but there was one thing for sure. It seems that he made the right choice of saving her. She gets to live another day. Who knows what would've happen if he left her back there. At that moment, Tryx felt a sense of pride and value for himself for doing the right thing. 

The two eventually let go of one another and their eyes met. 

"I thought you died..." Lydia started, still croaking in her tone. Even her eyes are swollen. 

Yuwen giggled, "I was going to be... But this man saved me." Yuwen gestured at the man. 

Lydia turns her head towards him who was still standing there watching them,"Uh... Who is this man?" Lydia inquired. 

"His name is Tryx and he saved me." 

This is the cue. Tryx stepped closer towards the knight and throw out his for hand shake.

"Hello, miss. I'm Tryx." he introduced yourself. "Pleasure to meet you." 

Lydia scanned you from head to toe as if trying to confirm something. And then, she shook your hand. 

"I'm Commander Lydia Baltazuer, second in command of the 18th corps. Just call me Lydia." Lydia introduced herself. 

18th corps? To think that the knight have this sort of structure in a fantasy world... Tryx wondered if there are another corps in this land. And 'second in command'? That is one high rank over there.

As soonest the hand shake ended, she lightly bowed. "Again, I would like to offer my deepest gratitude for saving my subordinate, Scout Officer Yuwen Terreshua." 

"Its nothing, Commander. I was happened to be there... Wait." Tryx narrowed your eyes and glance at Yuwen before turning back at Lydia. "Did you just said 'Scout Officer Yuwen Terreshua'?" 

Lydia nodded, "Yes. In fact, Miss Yuwen is apart of the Kingdom of Fecta Grand Army's 18th corps. She is a leader of a scout party in a unit directly attached to my command." 

He looked at Yuwen in which she looked away. Either she's shy or she's trying to avoid being mocked. 

"You never told me that you were a knight, Yuwen."  

"I... I was just... Worried! Yes, worried that you might be a spy from another country!" Yuwen stammered. "Anyways, you should be grateful that you have me to clear up this misunderstanding!" she yelled back. 

Really? Just how did she got into army with that annoying attitude? 

"Anyhow, would you mind if we take this matter to my office, Mr. Tryx?" Lydia proposed. 

Whatever it is, he agreed to it. 

"I'm fine with that. Show me the way, miss."

"W-Wait!" Yuwen interceded. "Let me escort you Commander Lydia! I can't let this lecherous bastard do whatever..." she paused, her face was glowing red. "... Do... Naughty stuff... With you!"

Lydia laughed, "Of course Yuwen, I was planning to bring you along." 

Yuwen smiled widely and quickly saluted, "Yes, Commander Lydia!" 

"Also, where can I keep that?" Tryx thumbed at the Hilux behind him wondering the best spot to leave it for later use. 

"What is that?" Lydia was baffled by the truck. Her reaction was genuine, she definitely have never seen this thing before. 

"Its a truck." He said. "And believe me, its going to be a long story..." 

The only thing he can hope is everything going to be fine. 

Announcement
Sorry for the late update. Bust with family stuff. No poll for this chapter but there will be one in the next chapter. Sorry for the low quality this time, I was in a rush.
34